User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Wyst...Are you Ne testing with this^...

*Wyst makes an attempt to add trustworthy people to his close friends. (Count me in!, OK!)

We gotta talk.
    Mmmmmaybe I'm Ne testing the waters to see where people stand before I reveal my stance on the subject at hand... :-/
    And by the way... this is the second time I've seen you do emotes for other people. Very strange...

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post

i totally understand what you're saying in the above paragraph. i think we feel the urge to jump in because we are picking up on the flow and reading the people, and sincerely enjoying the moment, and have immense thoughts and feelings flying all about our heads and bodies. but i do believe being a true infj keeps us from jumping in there.
    Perhaps - but eventually 20-something INFJ, through the years and life experiences because a 50-something INFJ. That INFJ isn't still going to hold back if they don't really want to - they've learned when to go for things and when to hold back through life lessons. So here's a question for ya, does that (being a developed INFJ) UNmake them an INFJ?

what is the big deal anyway? if we don't jump in there, we are still part of the conversation. the listening part, which can be more fascinating. if we do jump in there, it usually falls flat, right? it just does. okay, maybe we'll get lucky and our moment will be amazing, but then it will pass and we won't be able to sustain it for the most part, and we'll skulk back into the crowd hopefully unnoticed......haha. you know what i mean?
    Trust me. I know what you mean.
    But eventually if you figure out when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, wouldn't you want to take advantage of that knowledge?

i think you are an awesome infj trying to make yourself into an enfj, estp, estj, ? or something like that.
    No way! I'm just trying to develop myself as an INFJ.

are you finding it hard to be patient and to be a true infj because you feel like you can't meet women that way? that the women flock to the 'life of the party,' or more extroverted men, and that your normal activities aren't condusive to meeting interesting women?
    Nnnnooo, that's not really it...
    I'm even talking about participating in conversations about theology, politics...whatever and those things have nothing to do with women and romance. Man, I used to just BRISTLE whenever my parents started talking about matters of faith, politics and other controversial stuff. Not anymore though - and it's really helped me deepen my friendship with them because I'm not so touchy.

but forcing yourself to act in a way that goes against your intuition --our specialty function--is just driving you further from who you really are.
    EXCELLENT advice.

Ooooonnne smmmaaaaalll concession though... who we are now is not who we're destined to be. I'm always changing. Thank God for that.. otherwise I'd still be the irritating 15-year old that knew no limits...

*looks around for ENTPs to irritate*

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Perhaps - but eventually 20-something INFJ, through the years and life experiences because a 50-something INFJ. That INFJ isn't still going to hold back if they don't really want to - they've learned when to go for things and when to hold back through life lessons. So here's a question for ya, does that (being a developed INFJ) UNmake them an INFJ?
    hmmm. i don't consciously think to myself, usually, "should i hold back or go for it?" i just ride my intuition on such things. i have made a fool of myself plenty of times though, and said inappropriate things at inappropriate times. to me it's just all part of being infj--or who i am. hopefully i get better with time.

Trust me. I know what you mean.
    But eventually if you figure out when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, wouldn't you want to take advantage of that knowledge?
    i think i'm pretty good the way i am.

Nnnnooo, that's not really it...
    I'm even talking about participating in conversations about theology, politics...whatever and those things have nothing to do with women and romance. Man, I used to just BRISTLE whenever my parents started talking about matters of faith, politics and other controversial stuff. Not anymore though - and it's really helped me deepen my friendship with them because I'm not so touchy.
    well, i used to see things more as black and white. i struggled with my purist ideals regarding things like parenting, spanking, mothering, schooling, etc., principles i hold with utmost conviction in my heart. but i've seen as i go through life there really ARE lots o' ways o' being and thank gosh for that. makes life more interesting. and, henceforth, i am just not so touchy anymore because i really do value many different opinions and viewpoints, and believe anything can be negotiated. the main thing that gets my gruff anymore is when others misconstrue what i say and stamp a label on me accordingly, i guess because i'm flexible and always open for change---.

Ooooonnne smmmaaaaalll concession though... who we are now is not who we're destined to be. I'm always changing. Thank God for that.. otherwise I'd still be the irritating 15-year old that knew no limits...
    i guess i'm just different than other infj i've seen on here. it seems like i haven't always tried so hard to be a wonderful "infj", i just knew i was an idealist about some things, and a purist about others. perhaps it has been a good thing overall that i only just recently discovered mbti.......i couldn't obsess about all my little idiosyncracies too much cuz i thought people were all basically having the same struggles.

*looks around for ENTPs to irritate*

that is soooo fun, isn't it?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Hmm, yes, and that is unnerving. Sooner or later there will be a backlash too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Hopefully it won't go so far as to cause a backlash. You guys don't deserve that, even if INFJs are being a bit idolized at the moment.
    INFJs are savvy enough to know that good publicity can easily morph into bad publicity, so we prefer to shun the hoopla altogether.

Oh limelight, thou art a fickle mistress.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    INFJs are savvy enough to know that good publicity can easily morph into bad publicity, so we prefer to shun the hoopla altogether.

Oh limelight, thou art a fickle mistress.
    You realize that just makes them want to try harder, right?

Where's my frustrated banana emoticon when I need it?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Where's my frustrated banana emoticon when I need it?
    Here, use this one. It's one of my favorites...

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Merely reverse psychology at its finest...

INFJs secretly crave the attention... they just don't want the negativity associated with it. Therefore in this case, they get to bask in the limelight... but if anything goes wrong. It's not "their fault". Blame it all on those ENTPs.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Blame it all on those ENTPs.

That's the answer for almost EVERY problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Merely reverse psychology at its finest...

INFJs secretly crave the attention... they just don't want the negativity associated with it. Therefore in this case, they get to bask in the limelight... but if anything goes wrong. It's not "their fault". Blame it all on those ENTPs.
    Nein fraulein.

I not-so-secretly crave connection, appreciation, and validation.

On the contrary, I have no desire to be a one-woman musical-circus complete with monkeys and trombones. I leave that to the ENFJs.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post

That's the answer for almost EVERY problem.
    tsk tsk.
    this is a major character defect on your part. we are the cause of almost every problem.