half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Ahh well that explains it. ENFPs are often like that too with us, well one I know at least (yeah you know who you are. ).
    You think I'm an ENFP?

I find that the INFJ way of hitting on you is by trying to analyze you...

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You think I'm an ENFP?
    No, this is one is actually ENFP, or so she claims.

I find that the INFJ way of hitting on you is by trying to analyze you...
    That and strike up a discussion about an eccentric topic.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I don't do this. I go for the throat, when I have to. But I prefer not to, because in the long run friends are better then enemies.

I don't really see this as a weakness. You can still have few friends with a large social network of acquiescences. I think we expect much more from our friends then most people.

I am sure I have no idea what your talking about... I find that living in a fantasy world is about the only way to take on problems (and then finish them) that other people won't take on because they are too difficult. This is a strength.

I rather like talking on the phone, as long as I'm not talking to someone who is really depressed, because then I tend to feel depressed.

Well I do think that INFJ's tend to be more vulnerable to unhealthy states of mind then most people because of the way that they think. Most people don't have ideals, so they can't be disappointed when the world doesn't live up to them. But ideals also can be the most powerful motivators in the world if you can deal with the fact that most of the world hates you for having them
    Wow... an INFJ that doesn't sound ANYTHING like an INFJ. You're either lying about your type (since you only have one post) OR you're an extremely highly developed INFJ, which is a little odd because you'd at least be able to relate to how you used to be BEFORE you reached 'god status'

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Wow... an INFJ that doesn't sound ANYTHING like an INFJ. You're either lying about your type (since you only have one post) OR you're an extremely highly developed INFJ, which is a little odd because you'd at least be able to relate to how you used to be BEFORE you reached 'god status'
    I still think he is an INFJ, sounds just like my annoying INFJ brother. lol.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I can REALLY identify with you're saying, Scortia. You're actually hitting at the heart of what what I'm trying to get people to talk about.

INFJs are so introspective that it often leads to a high level of self-awareness. I'm REALLY self-aware, so much so that I feel naked/vulnerable/easy to read. So when we discover an 'uh-oh'. I think it's really easy to rationalize it by saying, 'That's just the way I am, I don't really need to address this".
    My father is an INFJ, and I think he's self aware to the point of finding it crippling. Well, more like this sequence of events - he is unaware of a personal behavior, he has it pointed out to him, he suddenly looks as if he's had his pants pulled down in the village square, he retreats and reconnoiters. No matter how the news is presented to him, he seems to have a great deal of embarrassment that he "didn't see it", regardless of how gently it's put to him. My NFJ twin sister also tells me she finds the "cluelessness" ( as she puts it ) very embarrassing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Well I'm quite glad that you think I'm a god, it really feels good

Well, I used to go for the throat all of the time. Learning not to do that took some time.
    I've always viewed having a few close friends as acceptable as long while recognizing the value of networking (I'm one of the few INFJ's who tests as 8w7, the "CEO" type, and actually desires to be one).
    I do like talking on the phone more then texting because you lose so much when you don't have the other person's voice to listen to. I prefer in face conversations more. This has always been the case.
    And I've always been an idealist. Just the way it is.
    If you still don't believe that I'm an INFJ, there are plenty of people on the board I used to post on that will vouch for my INFJness.
    I still think he is an INFJ, sounds just like my annoying INFJ brother. lol.
    How did you get this from the little I wrote? I didn't present anywhere enough information for you to figure me out. Projecting much?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Well, I used to go for the throat all of the time. Learning not to do that took some time.
    How did you learn not to do that?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

How did you learn not to do that?
    I decided to keep an eye on what I was doing when I went for the throat then tried to detect in real time when I was doing it, and when I noticed it I tried to calm myself down, take a step back, and think about what the other person was feeling.

Edit: For instance, if I feel my fight or flight responses kicking in while discussing something, I take that as a sign to step back and think about what I'm saying more.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I decided to keep an eye on what I was doing when I went for the throat then tried to detect in real time when I was doing it, and when I noticed it I tried to calm myself down, take a step back, and think about what the other person was feeling.

Edit: For instance, if I feel my fight or flight responses kicking in while discussing something, I take that as a sign to step back and think about what I'm saying more.
    Interesting. I know it's weird to say say this, but I tend to think out loud (as an extraverted function). Not always so easy to put the pause on in a conversation...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Interesting. I know it's weird to say say this, but I tend to think out loud (as an extraverted function). Not always so easy to put the pause on in a conversation...
    I also tend to think out loud if I have someone I trust to sit on the end of the conversation