• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Study

Elizabeth

MBTI Type
ENFP
Alright I am an ENFP trying to get through stupid year twelve and as suggested by my personality type, my organization skills are like beyond poor, though apparently I am a very bright and capable student. And I struggle to get to school on time. I always get the "did you do that homework last night?" to which my response is almost always "what homework...:huh:" So any ENFP's relate? And if so do you have some study skill tips and organization help so that I can pass this year?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
if it not in my general interest (and high school WAS NOT), then i don't want it.

screw the year grades, then study and get good exam grades. that's what i did. i may not have gotten straight As but i didn't fail any exams.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Basically...pressure is your friend (if you're like me and you don't get stressed over school too easily :p). My exams' grades saved my butt, basically. I hate admitting it, but method? Cutting the crap, really. "Organization skills"...yeah right ;). Just study! And then study some more. Enough to make you either miserable or successful.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is typical for ENFPs.

I will give one of my post to read so that and I am not saying this because I think you should be this way. You are free to "take" what you find useful form that post.

Link

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I always forget everything. For real. At first, I didn't do my homework as some kind of protest. Later on, it became something automatic. I rarely do my homework, especially for subjects that want me to be, let's say, uncreative. They always make feel kind of trapped.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always rebelled against homework. First you force me to sit through what you think I should learn for 8 hours a day and then when I get home you think I'm gonna be willing to once more do what you want? F** off. I considered school a prison. So what I had to do to pass, I did while I was there as fast and as shoddy as I could, and the rest I just forgot about when I got home. Even if I liked the teacher, and that could've motivated me to do some homework for them, I just..forgot. School and home were two different worlds for me and somehow tasks from one never made it through to the other realm :D

I graduated coz I have the capacity to, as Sy said, memorize and study large quantities of material in a very short amount of time when under pressure. Was a frigging nightmare to do it too, but still, it was better than the alternative. Unfortunately that also meant that it got 'erased' after a couple of days, but that was enough to pass my finals. Also, I really cooperated in the classroom as there was just nothing else to do while I was stuck there. So most of my teachers liked me, and I did retain most of the information from their classes already that way.

I remember my ISFJ mom going crazy every time I had finals as she could not understand how I could study the way I did. She's an organisational wizard and could not understand how I was that chaotic. It stressed her beyond reason and I knew I disappointed her that way, but I always passed. She never knew whether to hug me or spank me once I got my report card. She often felt I didn't deserve to pass and at the same time was amazed that I did.

Oh well, who ever said you needed to be organized to succeed, right? :devil:
Plz note, that I do not encourage my way of doing things, as it does complicate matters for yourself :D

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Caffeine increases the capacity of your short term memory, but you lose the knowledge faster. If you're going to be cramming a lot of information before school (or during lunch), drink some sodas.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I tended to use creativity to organize myself. ( this is when I was in college )
I used matching colors for subjects. I drew big boxes and bold lettering during my notetaking
I used a planner with stick-it notes and different color markers.
My hardest was paying attention during class. So constantly writing helped.

When it came to homework, I embraced my NF and became a perfectionist. I may ha e even went into J mode.

The biggest thing I slacked with was reading chapters. I felt like that was a waste of time.

I struggled like you to get to class on time, I was known for being 5-15 mins late everytime. I tried to tap into my F to convinceyself I was being disrespectful so that helped at time. But not most :)

High school was a joke for me. I never tried and got As & Bs. I had much more passion in college which made me work harder. I got to many semesters with all As and ended with a 3.78

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
^^^ I forgot to sum up-- find somethiing you're passionqte about when you get to college and you will reign :)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i keep a copy of word open on my comp (i have three monitors), make it really small, and i will write things i have to do on it... i have this thing that keeps my word doc on top of my screen, no matter where i click

when the list gets long, it annoys me, but i know i have to do it, and it feels good to erase something.

and i also have an outlook sync with my phone and have a calendar of things i have to do on the face of my phone...

doing this, i probably miss only 5% of things i should do, instead of the 20% or so it used to be. well most of that 20% i wasn't aware of later, to know i forgot it...

nameBRAND

MBTI Type
ENFP
After reading posts like this I realize that I might just be an ENFP after all. I hate doing homework, miss class but I usually do well on tests. I'm never organized either. I tried the whole planner thing but half the time I forget to even write in it or I use it for doodling on, lol >_<

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Play to your strengths:

1. Find a work buddy and do homework together. Make him/her and you set a reasonable goal for the day. Working with people helps. Sometimes that's incentive enough.
2. Make it fun. Can you go work in a coffee shop where they play good music and you would have interesting people to look at during breaks?

This is not playing to a strength but do it anyway:
Organize and plan - while difficult for Ps, it is possible and an essential life skill so start now. You may not succeed in meeting your goal every time but don't give up. Break down the studying into smaller doable bits and divide those by the days/hours you have. Always give yourself a 1/3rd more time than you think you'll need for any task.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Alright I am an ENFP trying to get through stupid year twelve and as suggested by my personality type, my organization skills are like beyond poor, though apparently I am a very bright and capable student. And I struggle to get to school on time. I always get the "did you do that homework last night?" to which my response is almost always "what homework...:huh:" So any ENFP's relate? And if so do you have some study skill tips and organization help so that I can pass this year?

Heh. Don't ask me, I went through school um... I don't remember much about school; other than the teacher asking me 'where are you books?' and I replied 'at home, bitch'.

What I'm saying is uhmm, the thing is not organization (I'm good at organization), it's motivation.
Find ways to motivate yourself... I always liked making homework to music, for example. That kinda stuff.
And, crack jokes in class; it helps :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It gets better as you get older. Does that help?

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I always frustrated my ENFJ mother because I was so unorganized. I would tell her that it was controlled chaos and I knew what I was doing. When I was in elementary school it would take me hours to do a couple of work sheets because I would get so distracted. I mean, after learning all day with barely any breaks, my brain was just done when I got out of school. There were some nights where I just couldn't...do it. Over the years I would try to write my assignments down so I wouldn't forget them but for some reason there would be at least one that I'd forget.

Especially with math classes. I hated math with a passion, especially in high school. In my school it was always the math teachers that would assign the most homework (about 100 problems a night in some cases), and I'd barely do it. Thank God I graduated thats all I have to say.