User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    True in a way. But it's more that I'm willing to overlook many umm...personality defects, while at the same time highlighting favorable qualities in a person, so some people begin to feel comfortable that they will be accepted no matter what. They then begin to impose themselves ever and I begin to wonder about them and start the excision process. I won't follow through on it if they change their behavior. But usually it gets worse until the final straw. Then they ask themselves how I can be so absolute in my decision; well it was a long time coming.
    It does seem that some people are incapable of reciprocity, especially if you do not demand in overtly.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It does seem that some people are incapable of reciprocity, especially if you do not demand in overtly.
    Right. And in those cases, the process is accelerated. I don't demand much really, except respect and consideration. If you can't give at least that then the relationship is not worth it.

You do respond well to my influence, though. Maybe we can turn you into something useful.
    Wait wait wait: you call me an asshole, and then want to be my friend?

Okay.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Wait wait wait: you call me an asshole, and then want to be my friend?

Okay.
    That's how I roll. First we fight, then I win, then we go have beers and call each other "faggot".

MBTI
    ENTP

Right. And in those cases, the process is accelerated. I don't demand much really, except respect and consideration. If you can't give at least that then the relationship is not worth it.
    I do admire the INFJ approach of not demanding reciprocity, instead waiting to see what people do naturally.

That's how I roll. First we fight, then I win, then we go have beers and call each other "faggot".
    Screw you, I won you homo.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

True in a way. But it's more that I'm willing to overlook many umm...personality defects, while at the same time highlighting favorable qualities in a person, so some people begin to feel comfortable that they will be accepted no matter what. They then begin to impose themselves ever and I begin to wonder about them and start the excision process. I won't follow through on it if they change their behavior. But usually it gets worse until the final straw. Then they ask themselves how I can be so absolute in my decision; well it was a long time coming.
    Whoa... that was like, word for word, my second guess.

I do admire the INFJ approach of not demanding reciprocity, instead waiting to see what people do naturally.
    Is that a typical INFJ approach or also typical for a lot of other types? I know that I am like this, I try to give no-strings attached as much as possible since I would feel horrible and fake if I gave while already expecting something in return. But of course there is also a limit to how much I'll give, if nothing ever comes back I just lose the will and strength to keep on giving.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    This sort of thing is why I'm not sure that ENTP-INFJ matches are a good idea. I know that personally, trust has always been very important to me in relationships. I couldn't trust someone who would potentially do this.
    Trust is everything. Playing with someone you love ( like a puppy pulling on another puppy's ears ) is great, but trying to push them just to make them feel off balance isn't kind.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    The point is, science in itself doesn't dictate who you should like. IJ's and EP's tend to have opposite attraction, but who's to say it will last in many cases? It takes work. I will say this though: from what I've seen INFJ and ENFP is often a great match (fireworks),

just my two cents.
    We do, in fact, rock together. The mix is electric.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Is that a typical INFJ approach or also typical for a lot of other types? I know that I am like this, I try to give no-strings attached as much as possible since I would feel horrible and fake if I gave while already expecting something in return. But of course there is also a limit to how much I'll give, if nothing ever comes back I just lose the will and strength to keep on giving.
    I don't know about other types, but I think it's something that the majority of INFJs do. I'm the same at any rate, I tend to give and give until I exhaust myself. All I'd really like in return is a 'thank you' or a genuine 'how are YOU doing?' but unfortunately they don't seem to come very often. Even then though, it takes a long time before I finally back off and say: "Y'know what? Do it on your own now." People tell me I'm 'too nice' but for a long while I didn't think there was such a thing until I realised that there were times when I was just letting people walk all over me, which needless to say, wasn't good for me and wasn't really good for them either in the long run. Tough love is sometimes necessary I suppose.
    INFJ 9w1.