• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and Hate/Revenge

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In all honesty I think a simple apology and better behavior would do it for most people that have ever been unfortunate enough to get on it, but from my experience at least 80% of adult humans are incapable of apologizing, which is unfortunate.

:yes:

It is unfortunate because many of the people that I've decided to let go were very close to me once upon a time, and in a way still are. But all except one have just said "screw it, I don't need her anyway" instead of trying to understand my perspective.

93JC

Maybe they really didn't need you. Maybe you weren't worth the trouble.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Maybe. If that's the case then so be it. But IME it is more often the case that they are too proud to admit any wrongdoing.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Maybe they were assholes. Maybe they were immature. Maybe they were lazy. Maybe they didn't care. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Who knows, right?

It is worth noting which possibilities you chose to emphasize. Says a lot.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Possibly. Another explanation: If Lauren is a giver, she could have drawn people willing to take advantage of her thoughtfulness and generosity. When she finally confronted the person with her needs, the taker decided the relationship wasn't 'free' anymore, and decided to move on to another sucker.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I never witnessed the few infjs I know to be prone to revenge, they are more the guys that kill in the heat of the moment.

Very dangerous persons sometimes, prone to loosing their minds. I am glad I know the vulcan neck pinch :D

93JC

Maybe they were assholes. Maybe they were immature. Maybe they were lazy. Maybe they didn't care. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Who knows, right?

It is worth noting which possibilities you chose to emphasize. Says a lot.

You can just call me an asshole outright you know, it won't hurt my feelings. :D

93JC

I don't know why you're getting in a tizzy over it, it's not like I said "No one needs you, you're not worth the trouble."

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know why you're getting in a tizzy over it, it's not like I said "No one needs you, you're not worth the trouble."

No, you're too much of a chicken shit to say that.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can just call me an asshole outright you know, it won't hurt my feelings. :D

You're not an asshole; it is a completely valid point that they may not believe that it is worth it. In fact I know it is the case at least sometimes as of course, INFJs are just so "complex."

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You're not an asshole; it is a completely valid point that they may not believe that it is worth it. In fact I know it is the case at least sometimes as of course, INFJs are just so "complex."

Blessed are the peacemakers.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes:

It is unfortunate because many of the people that I've decided to let go were very close to me once upon a time, and in a way still are. But all except one have just said "screw it, I don't need her anyway" instead of trying to understand my perspective.

Pride before the fall...

Sad but true.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I perversely enjoy that we're both quoting the bible in the same thread.

It's kind of spooky in a maliciously wonderful kind of way, I think.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We have weird shit in common. Are you also incredibly handsome?

Very odd commonalities indeed.
I have no opinion of my handsomeness; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
However, I do have an over abundance of self esteem.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Possibly. Another explanation: If Lauren is a giver, she could have drawn people willing to take advantage of her thoughtfulness and generosity. When she finally confronted the person with her needs, the taker decided the relationship wasn't 'free' anymore, and decided to move on to another sucker.

True in a way. But it's more that I'm willing to overlook many umm...personality defects, while at the same time highlighting favorable qualities in a person, so some people begin to feel comfortable that they will be accepted no matter what. They then begin to impose themselves ever and I begin to wonder about them and start the excision process. I won't follow through on it if they change their behavior. But usually it gets worse until the final straw. Then they ask themselves how I can be so absolute in my decision; well it was a long time coming.