User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

This is similar to the vaunted "INFJ doorslam". They appear to make up their minds about people and stick to it.

I will say that with some of my INFJ friends they seem to enjoy when you can frustrate their efforts to box you in. They need to figure out people and, ironically, seem to enjoy a little bit of confounding as I guess it keeps them working on you, like a puzzle made of blood, guts, and labyrinthine emotional states and motives.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This is similar to the vaunted "INFJ doorslam". They appear to make up their minds about people and stick to it.

I will say that with some of my INFJ friends they seem to enjoy when you can frustrate their efforts to box you in. They need to figure out people and, ironically, seem to enjoy a little bit of confounding as I guess it keeps them working on you, like a puzzle made of blood, guts, and labyrinthine emotional states and motives.
    It's no longer fun or interesting when we figure someone out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I don't lose interest that easily. I don't see how I could ever figure everything out about a person anyhow. Impossible.

MBTI
    ENTP

And it's no longer fun when someone thinks they have you figured out. It almost demands some mind fuckery. So, game on, INFJ's.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is not a type trait... It's a character trait irrelevant to someone's personality type.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

And it's no longer fun when someone thinks they have you figured out. It almost demands some mind fuckery. So, game on, INFJ's.
    I don't get ENTP's at all... so no mind fuckery needed here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I hardly ever hold grudges. The problem is, most of the people who are disrespectful enough to me to warrant dislike (you usually have to go pretty far) are jerks who refuse to change, so I usually don't gain respect for them. It's not that I wouldn't consider befriending them and letting everything be water under the bridge, but the majority of people who are like that (usually narcissists or just some other kind of jerk) are not interested in improving themselves as people because they feel they're perfect already. So as long as their personalities remain toxic, why waste your time being around them when you don't have to?

Yes, I do enjoy revenge sometimes, but I'm not proud of it, and I try to just avoid doing that kind of thing these days.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I completely disagree. It isn't until I've figured somebody out (or figured them out to a certain degree), that I truly become interested in and comfortable around them.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You'll lose this game when the INFJ figures out you're fucking with their head and they slam the door in your face. EDITED: I read that your INFJ friends enjoy this? Do they know you're fucking with them? That's a different story.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When someone hurts me I obsess about it until I can understand what happened. I internalize negativity too easily and it is my Achilles heel. I get more distant from the person, but I don't think of it as a doorslam. I also never grow tired of people. I never have them figured out. I can deliberately work at understanding someone for fifteen years and still know that i can only come within an approximation of understanding the whole of the complexity and nuance. If I saw the world like a cartoon, then yes, i would probably be able to say I had a lot figured out, but there is much more to understand than a caricature of each person. People possess a vast complexity and depth of nuance.

If I've been exploited or cheated in a professional setting I don't continue doing business with the person because there is always someone else to do business with. It wouldn't make sense to keep investing in a direct that proved fruitless.

I take threats to my physical safety seriously and will cut ties with a threatening person, but I don't hate them even when they wanted me dead. I don't feel much of anything towards such people other than the need to be certain they cannot threaten me or my family further.

I feel that as an INFJ it is in my skill set to figure out what is going on to the point that there is no reason for anger. Once I glimpse that view from the other person's vantage point, it is like "aha!'" It actually does make "sense" that they rejected me in that manner. I actually get it. Sometimes I wish I could get angry because it can hurt in one way to understand so well, but it's like getting angry at a storm. Anger becomes the epitome of purposelessness.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)