User Tag List

First 5131415

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    it can for some. are you answering my question? i don't want to retype it.

also, my intense relationships developed after messing around, as i've said on another thread. so, i'd personally disagree with the aforementioned statement.
    I did not see a question in there. Right, intimacy develops as a result of the sex rather than on its own. To me, this is the essential problem.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I did not see a question in there. Right, intimacy develops as a result of the sex rather than on its own. To me, this is the essential problem.
    guess you just have to have the experience, my friend.

meh, i dunno. i agree with you to a degree. depends on how long you wait and how hardcore you are about it. sex is a natural part of being human, so if you deny yourself sex for too long, or if you can't find someone you want to spend the 'rest of your life with' but you can find someone you want to sleep with, well, ????you can follow my line of thinking.......i think abstinence is unhealthy after a period of time. to link the two together is like linking religion with government. it just doesn't always work.

wish you the best though. i love talking/philosophizing about sex.
    that point. or are you immune to physical attraction until you are emotionally attracted to someone?

if i don't respond, it's cuz i gotta go snuggle my hubby night night, all.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP

guess you just have to have the experience, my friend.
    Either the sex creates the emotional intimacy or the emotional intimacy develops on its own. If it develops on its own, I believe it is more reliable than if it is created by way of sexuality. You are welcome to disagree, but I have done it both ways and my conclusions come from this experience.

that point. or are you immune to physical attraction until you are emotionally attracted to someone?

if i don't respond, it's cuz i gotta go snuggle my hubby night night, all.
    Of course I am not immune to attraction. I just think it's likely best to act on the attraction (in terms of intercourse) until you marry.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Either the sex creates the emotional intimacy or the emotional intimacy develops on its own. If it develops on its own, I believe it is more reliable than if it is created by way of sexuality. You are welcome to disagree, but I have done it both ways and my conclusions come from this experience.
    Agreed. This has happened to me both ways as described above. Emotional intimacy that developes outside of sex will continue to exist if the sex ceases. This is the type of emotional intimacy that friends can have, no sex involved, just a mutual fondness, understanding, and acceptance of each other as they are to each other. That's great stuff to have in your life. It's even better if it is with your SO.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Of course I am not immune to attraction. I just think it's likely best to act on the attraction (in terms of intercourse) until you marry.
    kuhl. may the force be with you and your kind.
    but if you start to notice nervous tics encroaching, you prolly need to get some.....just sayin'

til we meet again, syn--------
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ

O_O the thread's been swayed so much

anyway *sits back and watch* It's interesting to read.

IMO, emotional attachment will decrease if the source / the reason it were created in the first place were ceased / unable to satisfy both parties. That works on every relationship, I think, and including those created from sex, love, fidelity, anything~

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you are having occasional 3somes ? Ouh my, why aint I livin in Americah !
    Happens in scandinavia too, and that is quite close to you.
    I have friends who tell me Amsterdam has even a higher success rate for threesomes, so you might want to just go there. It's not that far from germany, is it?

(synarch)
    I think sex should be sacred. Between man and wife. Is it really so difficult to wait? You can still make out and everything else. Why is this so revolutionary now?
    Why wait? What makes it less sacred? o.O And is sex really sacred? We've had sex for a longer time than we've had the word "sacred". It's still a time where two core's meet and everytime, something new is learned. No matter how long you have lived. No matter if it is casual on a club, a one-night-stand at home or with a/many SO/'s.

So please tell me exactly; what makes it into a malicious act?
    If excercised before marriage.

I will treasure what you have to say so please do not just say "I won't understand." I might not, but I give a damn about trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefle View Post
    O_O the thread's been swayed so much

anyway *sits back and watch* It's interesting to read.

IMO, emotional attachment will decrease if the source / the reason it were created in the first place were ceased / unable to satisfy both parties. That works on every relationship, I think, and including those created from sex, love, fidelity, anything~
    +1
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari