User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That's how I roll. First we fight, then I win, then we go have beers and call each other "faggot".
    That's how I used to make friends

The point is, science in itself doesn't dictate who you should like. IJ's and EP's tend to have opposite attraction, but who's to say it will last in many cases? It takes work. I will say this though: from what I've seen INFJ and ENFP is often a great match (fireworks)
    Eh, all the ENTPs I know are schmoozing up ENFPs. They don't pay much attention to us cosmic-flavored tootsie-pops, though they are pretty fun once they get on a tangent.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    They don't pay much attention to us cosmic-flavored tootsie-pops, though they are pretty fun once they get on a tangent.
    Cosmic-flavoured tootsie-pops? Okay, I like that one.
    INFJ 9w1.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    I don't know about other types, but I think it's something that the majority of INFJs do. I'm the same at any rate, I tend to give and give until I exhaust myself. All I'd really like in return is a 'thank you' or a genuine 'how are YOU doing?' but unfortunately they don't seem to come very often. Even then though, it takes a long time before I finally back off and say: "Y'know what? Do it on your own now." People tell me I'm 'too nice' but for a long while I didn't think there was such a thing until I realised that there were times when I was just letting people walk all over me, which needless to say, wasn't good for me and wasn't really good for them either in the long run. Tough love is sometimes necessary I suppose.
    QFT. Man, I could have written this, but I didn't have to, thanks to you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Glycerine

I usually resent the person for quite awhile but I usually forgive them later on (but that does not necessarily mean we are friends again). There are only two people that are on my shitlist... they deserve it. There is nobody I truly hate but there are a few that I dislike. It takes a lot for me to genuinely dislike you.

MBTI
    INFJ

I wondered sometimes, what do fellow INFJs -feel- when putting someone in a shitlist?

I mean, when I did, it's a "excuse me, who are you?" kind of indifference or "you wanna play it like this? Sure." kind of ..following the game. But it's rather.....bland; cold. Unfeeling.

I don't seem to invest hatred towards people I 'hate', more like, "WHAT makes you THINK you're worthy enough to me to spend ANY emotions to you?"
    the root...is hatred, I suppose. Or dislike, but not expressed in hatred. >_>;;

In fact, I noticed I usually spew hatred together with annoyance >_>;

how about fellow INFJs?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfism View Post
    When there is someone who has either done something to me or acted in a certain way towards me (unpleasant of course), I immediately put them on my "sh*t list" and from that moment on, I may go out of my way to make things difficult for them. Not in a way that it would be harmful, but I would not go out of my way for them. Are any other INFJs here that are the same way? Okay, at times, I may do something evil as revenge (as long as this does not go against my own values).

Are INFJs pretty black and white when it comes to liking and hating people? For myself, if somebody does not engage me, I really don't have any interest in conversing with them.
    I don't think I can hate people.
    I mean, that's just an emotional committment right there.
    I had to have given them some amount of myself, trust, whathaveyou in order for them to be able to affect my emotions at all, let alone that deeply.
    And it takes a lot to reach that place. I have thick skin and high walls, and very few really get close enough to actually cause me any kind of damage.
    And those people never have.

People disappoint me, and people frustrate me, and more often than not, I ultimately feel sorry for them, because they fail to see the bigger picture.

I tend to wish better for those who have done me [or those I care for] wrong. I tend to wish that they gain clarity someday. "Hate the sin, not the sinner," or somesuch.

So basically I sigh, shake my head, and walk away from them. I don't feed into any types of antagonism or passive-agressive behavior; I just call them on it once, and they tend not to try anymore. They won't get what they're after from me, and they know it.

I derive no satisfaction from going out of my way to make life unpleasant for anyone. Not even from secretly wishing it. What good does it do. That's all that crosses over my consciousness. Really. What good does it do. (so needless to say, I don't engage in these behaviors)

I have little in this world that's black and white.. it's a vast spectrum of shades of gray.
    Last edited by Lexicon; 05-27-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefle View Post
    I wondered sometimes, what do fellow INFJs -feel- when putting someone in a shitlist?

I mean, when I did, it's a "excuse me, who are you?" kind of indifference or "you wanna play it like this? Sure." kind of ..following the game. But it's rather.....bland; cold. Unfeeling.
    Same here. Once you are on my shitlist I have usually gone past my emotions and it's just a rational decision: "You are not good for me. I cut you out of my life. Bye!"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Is that a typical INFJ approach or also typical for a lot of other types? I know that I am like this, I try to give no-strings attached as much as possible since I would feel horrible and fake if I gave while already expecting something in return. But of course there is also a limit to how much I'll give, if nothing ever comes back I just lose the will and strength to keep on giving.
    I find myself acting out if I don't feel like things are reciprocal when sometimes I should just walk away.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I find myself acting out if I don't feel like things are reciprocal when sometimes I should just walk away.
    Damn it, Synarch. I do the same. Again, not pre-mediatated, but I've been accused of this more than once.

Walking away is hard for someone who most of the time has a significant effect on their immediate environment.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Walking away is hard for someone who most of the time has a significant effect on their immediate environment.
    That explains my last failed relationship. Didn't know when to quit. Kept trying to use my will to mold things. Yeah, I've learned a lot more (because someone got me thinking this way) that things either work or they don't. The dynamic has to be natural to some degree.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."