User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Have you ever had a psychic reading?

I personally believe we are our own best psychic. Just wondering what others ideas/experiences with this sort of thing are?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Oww, my INFJ would prolly bent over and break laughing when asked about such things. I dont know I am more receptable to it. As in its sure intresting, but I dont believe in it.

I once read that book talking about a spiritual aura that lies like a shield around every living and material thing. That was quite fascinating, I liked the connections between real wordly things and spiritual made up things that guy drew in the book.

But to answer your question: No I hadnt had a psychic reading.... yet
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes, against my will, very annoying. He was desperatly trying to get peoples attention into luring them for full readings for a price. He just kept bugging one person after another and when he walked up to me and my friend reaching out his hand and starting to assume that something big was apparantly going to happen in my life. My friend smacked him in the face.

Ofcourse I had to ask him why he didn't see that coming. He didn't have a good answer.

I don't trust people claiming to be psychic. I don't believe in the supernatural. And I absolutely loathe people abusing other peoples beliefs. There will come a time that I will do the smacking. I regret not being the one that thought of it at the time. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I have, but only by myself
    I'm acutely aware of the fact that in this bizz there are a lot of charlatans. However, I was always curious about it, aka if it worked, and how, so I taught myself how to read cards several years ago and decided to try it out and see what would happen. I'm no pro, but it's very helpful sometimes to sort out your thoughts.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Oddly enough, I just had this discussion with an ESTJ, ESFJ, ESFP, INFP, and ISTJ. Can you guess which of the types believed in psychic reading?

Ofcourse I had to ask him why he didn't see that coming. He didn't have a good answer.
    They never do. You and your friend ftw.

but it's very helpful sometimes to sort out your thoughts.
    This makes me curious. How so?
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post

This makes me curious. How so?
    Tarot is more than just 'predicting the future'/ intuiting what will likely happen to you next on this path. Depending in how you use the cards and which question you pose yourself, you can gain insight into yourself that's useful in confusing times. It is my experience that the cards are very good at 'relaying messages' of your subconscience. It helps untangle your thoughts and often points you to the right direction as how to get started in a situation and provides reminders of the things that in the heat of it all could get/have been lost and forgotten but are nonetheless important to you somehow.

I've found it useful when I'm not sure what to do, as my Ne is doing overtime and I'm unable to sift through it because my Fi is bogged down in digesting emotions and cannot get enough distance. Tarot at that point provides a focus for my Ne, a guide if you will, and in the process frees up my Fi by removing the distress I'm feeling from not knowing what to do.

On the other hand, it is often advised not to use tarot for yourself when you're distressed as some people will only focus on the 'bad cards' or only see what they want to see. I've never had that problem, but I can see it being a reason not to read tarot at these moments. I have for instance one friend who can read herself but turns to me to have her own cards read for this reason
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I have a friend who reads cards, her mother runs a spirituality shop and theyve both read mine from time to time when were chilling over drinks, Ive also had them read once in their shop. I find it interesting for a lot of the reasons Amar says, predicting the future isn't what I'm interested in, it's the helping to focus on something when confused.

*hands in Tee card*

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hehe, no need for that, Trin, there's plenty of T's that I've read for, you're not alone. Most of them are however, just like you, very uncomfortable with fessing up to that in public
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Never had it done, but wouldn't be averse to it, if only for giggles.

I've never had a reading done. I guess it could be useful as a tool to focus your thinking. As long as it was taken for that.