• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Have you ever had a psychic reading?

MBTI Type
INFJ
yeah, and she was a hack. shameful experience — i saw her as fake, she knew i knew she was fake, and so, we both kinda realised we were really just wasting each others' time.

it's all about cold-reading, if you ask me. i wont say they dont do good things, i think they grow to become quite adept instant-psychologist, reassuring people, giving them some comfort and self-esteem. but the theatrics are b.s. (imfo) — though perhaps necessary for the effect.

LucrativeSid

I've never been sure as to whether or not real psychics actually exist. I have, however, always assumed that it's way too easy to pose as a psychic to make money and so I've never had much interest in getting a reading.

My dad has had two readings by calling in to a radio show he listens to on XM radio. I don't know the name of the show, but I've got recordings of both of his calls to two different psychics.

I'm extremely analytical so a lot of it seemed like BS to me, but there were a few things that were accurate and unexplainable. A lot of the time they make you talk through their answers. Everybody knows a big man, a dead family member, or someone who's name starts with M. They merely get you guessing and then expound upon your answers. So most of the time it just seems like a trick that an adult is playing on a gullible kid. However some of the things these psychics said were impossible to have known or figured out in the course of the conversation.

I still do not blindly believe, but I'm more inclined to believe there could be something to it.

If they are useful, I don't think it has anything to do with predicting the future. I think it's better for them to help you solve problems.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I tend to think 100% of successful psychics owe that to the art of cold reading, which is a legitimate skill, but it's not "magic", which the word "psychic" connotes. If they could just call it what it is maybe it could be studied in a more serious way.

Oh, I'm in the NF Idyllic? I'm sorry for denying anything that has to do with New Ageism.