• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] House, M.D.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree that Cameron is not an INFJ. I did wonder if "13" was, though. She has the kind of reclusive sensitivity, suggestions of inner complexities, and yet an undercurrent of not being a push-over while being quiet and reserved.

Could be. And yet, not interested in office personality dynamics. Maybe not committed to her environment?

Taub is the only character I can cope with calling INTJ. He has that defeated thing INTJs can get around ENTPs.

And if Wilson is intuitive...

Nope, can't even finish that sentence.

Wilson does "get" House, and does say the right things to him, but it seems so often rule-based, and not insight per se.

I'm going to have to take look at Elias Koteas in No Reason again. If there really was an INFJ to an ENTP Holmes, would he be Watson or Moriarty? And if it were an ENTP like House, well of course the INFJ would have to shoot him.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
House = ENTP Misanthropic Smart*ss
Wilson = ENFJ Needy Enabler

Oh, and Cameron is so obviously INFJ it's not funny. I'm a guy and I relate to her more then any other character.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
For better or worse, and perhaps right or wrong, I associate E in an NFJ with puzzled naivete. When plots don't work out they look askance at people and cheer up. And Cameron sorta looks more like that to me. Whereas an I on an NFJ seems to make them sharper, more given to barbed, truth-based skewers. To, I guess, take the place of the sheer people-moving power.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
House = ENTP Misanthropic Smart*ss
Wilson = ENFJ Needy Enabler

Oh, and Cameron is so obviously INFJ it's not funny. I'm a guy and I relate to her more then any other character.
I find my own thinking completely out of alignment with Cameron's. She is the character I relate to the least, except for Chase. I've heard people call her INFJ and maybe she is, but her lack of consistency is a difficult aspect of her character for me to appreciate or relate to. That is not to say that inconsistency does not equal INFJ based on definitions because it might.

Trefle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I actually admire House to a point because of his knowledge, and boy his sarcasm!

Of course, considering House and Wilson, it's borderlining between best friends, rational and moral anchor, and Ho Yay. There's this degree of attachment, for better or worst, between House and Wilson that's somewhat mutual, I think.

No idea about Cameron; she does seems like INFJ / ENFJ, probably changing depending on House's presense. (She ..turns into an introvert fast whenever with House. Oh well, everyone will.)

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've settled with ENTP for House... but ever since I saw the latest episode, I started to question that. It was the episode where his patient's left and right brain were working separately. House said very clearly that right-brainers are losers. In other words, he dissed P types. I suppose that line has already been discussed in some other threads (how could it not?), but I haven't been reading them.

The show uses INFJs very, very sparingly. They bring too much calm and resolution to House (which is not what on-going episodic TV needs). That I can think of there have been only two fairly obviously INFJs on the show. The pregnant woman in Season 3, episode 12, One Room, One Day, and, interestingly enough, Moriarty (Elias Koteas) in Season 2, episode 24, No Reason.

I thought the cat woman was INFJ. Season 5, episode 18, "Here Kitty".
"A nursing home worker, Morgan, fakes an illness to get House to examine a cat which can predict the death of elderly patients."

It was just a thought that occurred to me while watching, I never really spend time thinking her type. I just got the vibe...

G

garbage

House said very clearly that right-brainers are losers. In other words, he dissed P types.

Out of the context of MBTI, he more likely dissed a lack of logical thinking.

But I didn't see the episode, so I don't know.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've settled with ENTP for House... but ever since I saw the latest episode, I started to question that. It was the episode where his patient's left and right brain were working separately. House said very clearly that right-brainers are losers.

In another episode, House told Wilson, "Your thinking is [lateral, unstructured]. It's a good complement to my linear thinking."

I agree that Wilson's thinking is lateral, but completely disagree that House's thinking is linear. Anyone who watches him for ten minutes knows that thoughts are brought to his brain by abstract connections - Edit: but he does often say, "W, which is why X, which means Y, which means Z." So I could be completely wrong.

And I withdraw my ENFP opinion of Wilson. ISFJ actually looks pretty good. But I'm moving my ENFP over to Cutner, I think that's pretty obvious. Cut-throat Bitch is an ENTP. What type is Cole (Religious Black Nut)?

Edit:
House:ENTP
Wilson:ISFJ
Amber:ENTP
BlackGuyWhoGives$100,000,000ToHospital:ENTJ
13:INTJ
Cameron:xNFx
Cuddy:ESTJ?
Cutner:ENFP
Chase:xxxx
Foreman:ENTJ?
Cole:xxxx

redacted

Wilson is INFJ (IFJ seems clear, at least); he's very comfortable with metaphor, and seems to think abstractly enough to follow along with House easily (and he always has tons of theories). Cameron is ENFJ. 13 is INFJ. House is ENTP. Amber = ENTJ, Forman = ISTJ, Chase = INTP I think, Taub = INTJ, Cutner = ISFP

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
House seems pretty inconsistent with the writing of the female characters. For what it's worth, I very rarely identify with Cameron. I think she's Fe-dominant, so if she's an NF, then it's ENFJ. Though I don't care much for the character, 13 is a more likely INFJ... fairly intuitive, keeps things close to the vest, extreme ESTP tendencies when under stress. She kind of presents as NT, though I don't think that rules out INFJ. It's really a toss-up between INTJ/INFJ. There are definitely similarities between the two characters, but 13 isn't overtly ruled by extraverted feeling the way Cameron is.

Amber is a prototypical ENTJ. Love her.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i just sat down and watched half of season 2.

wilson is N. no S would have that kind of perspective and support for or against house's decisions. plus, he uses extraverted feeling.

house: ENTP
cameron: INFJ
wilson: ENFJ
cuddy: ENFJ (a female version differing from a male is entirely feasible)
chase: INTJ
foreman: almost positive this guy's an S. he even talks about being good with administration, which further pushes him towards SJ. he is very dismissive about house's intuition, but shrugs it off as disappointment. he knows he won't ever be as good as house (even though he does try).
stacy: INTJ with high F.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is Cameron or Cuddy iNtuitive?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, I don't know about the rest of the people here but I watch Hugh Laurie

Well to be honest it's, what feels like, the formulaic format of the show that I could never get past. Sure, he's "a character" alright, but after all that snarkiness and sarcasm start feeling too gratuitous in the context of the show.

Hugh Laurie is a great actor, no question there, but House is not a particularly interesting character in my opinion, after a while.

Then again I never watched that many episodes and never from start to finish so my opinion is worth what is worth.

P

Phantonym

Well to be honest it's, what feels like, the formulaic format of the show that I could never get past. Sure, he's "a character" alright, but after all that snarkiness and sarcasm start feeling too gratuitous in the context of the show.

Hugh Laurie is a great actor, no question there, but House is not a particularly interesting character in my opinion, after a while.

TV shows get old and people lose interest. It's the same as with relationships. At first, the other person is fascinating, everything they do is interesting but after a while all these traits that were so appealing to us at the beginning are the ones that start to get on our nerves the most.

I don't see that there is really much room for growth for House. The show is about him being the way he is and other people reacting to him. He is supposed to be, to quote marmalade.sunrise: "shallow asshole & arrogant misogynist". And Wilson is supposed to try to fix him. And all the others are supposed to roll their eyes.

House becomes predictable but I still watch the show because I hope that maybe the next episode will be something new. My relationship with House would be in the line of "Dance House, dance! Entertain me!" :laugh:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
TV shows get old and people lose interest. It's the same as with relationships. At first, the other person is fascinating, everything they do is interesting but after a while all these traits that were so appealing to us at the beginning are the ones that start to get on our nerves the most.

I don't see that there is really much room for growth for House. The show is about him being the way he is and other people reacting to him. He is supposed to be, to quote marmalade.sunrise: "shallow asshole & arrogant misogynist". And Wilson is supposed to try to fix him.

House becomes predictable but I still watch the show because I hope that maybe the next episode will be something new. My relationship with House would be in the line of "Dance House, dance! Entertain me!" :laugh:

If House grew (I've only seen a few episodes from Season 3) there would be no reason to have a show. This is one of the problems with television. Success kills drama.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Season five is a bit of a grind. The last few episodes are however quite the mindbenders.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Why is Cameron or Cuddy iNtuitive?

where's your proof to state otherwise?

cameron wouldn't be so all over house if she was S. she wouldn't have the need to "repair" him; it's a typical NF trait (yes i have been there). she is extremely empathetic towards people, moreso than any S person could ever be.

if cuddy wasn't intuitive she wouldn't have such confidence towards house's ability and she wouldn't be as lenient towards his breaking of rules. compare her to foreman, an SJ; the episodes where foreman is supervising house in the second season is a good example. she can she why house is a great doctor whereas foreman has a problem with seeing the same. foreman wants to restrict house, cuddy has realized that restrictions would make house a less good doctor... or well, at least even less benevolent. she's like his mother.

Qre:us

In another episode, House told Wilson, "Your thinking is [lateral, unstructured]. It's a good complement to my linear thinking."

I agree that Wilson's thinking is lateral, but completely disagree that House's thinking is linear. Anyone who watches him for ten minutes knows that thoughts are brought to his brain by abstract connections - Edit: but he does often say, "W, which is why X, which means Y, which means Z." So I could be completely wrong.

The connections could be quite abstract, but, within each set, there can be linear thinking...the logical process. This gives ENTPs that famed talent of *spin every story/rationalize*

Make any irrelevant matter relevant.

It could be the most off-kilter connection, but, there will be a step-by-step A to Z linear (logical) connection that brings it together. It's not either, or, imo.

* It's one of ENTPs most defining characteristics, I'd say.