• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] House, M.D.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, come to think of it... I guess I can see Wilson as ENFP.

Although now I think House is an ENTJ. He's just too serious to be a P. I'll buy the E, though.
House has that confusing split where I'm not sure what is P or J. Is it structure or force/certitude? It seems like J=structure and certitude and P=unstructured and open-ended. People think House is a P for breaking the rules and being unstructured, but his forcefulness and focus makes him seem a J. It is confusing to me, but maybe the Extroversion make the P quite a bit more forceful. It is pretty common for unstructured people to be especially forceful (as well as the reverse) at least from what I've seen.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
House has that confusing split where I'm not sure what is P or J. Is it structure or force/certitude? It seems like J=structure and certitude and P=unstructured and open-ended. People think House is a P for breaking the rules and being unstructured, but his forcefulness and focus makes him seem a J. It is confusing to me, but maybe the Extroversion make the P quite a bit more forceful. It is pretty common for unstructured people to be especially forceful (as well as the reverse) at least from what I've seen.

Another factor is his leg. The better he feels, the worse his thought process is. Vicodin takes just enough edge off to keep him balanced but when he was on the ketamine (and methadone) he was making all sorts of wrong decisions.

I think a more accurate personality will come out next season after he gets out of rehab and his thinking isn't affected by drugs.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
it was never a question for me. he is ENTP through and through; i'd even go so far as to say he is an archetypical ENTP. the only reason he sticks around the hospital is because in his position, he gets cases that aren't boring him, he gets to talk shit and he gets to play by his rules. another reason is him trying to avoid clinic duty to the maximal extent.

an ENTJ wouldn't joke around in the same boundless fashion, nor would an ENTJ be late or sarcastic towards patients. NTJs uphold a certain standard of professionalism in their work, at least to outsiders.

wats... wilson may very well be ENFP. seeing the same things, but from a different perspective.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Proof? You want proof? You can't handle the proof.

The show uses INFJs very, very sparingly. They bring too much calm and resolution to House (which is not what on-going episodic TV needs). That I can think of there have been only two fairly obviously INFJs on the show. The pregnant woman in Season 3, episode 12, One Room, One Day, and, interestingly enough, Moriarty (Elias Koteas) in Season 2, episode 24, No Reason.

Which is why Wilson (ISFJ) can't be INFJ, nor can Cameron (ENFJ).

And Wilson can't be ENFP either. Not unless ENFPs are all secretly ISFJs.

If House ever does find a proper INFJ, he'll have to dump Wilson.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Proof? You want proof? You can't handle the proof.

The show uses INFJs very, very sparingly. They bring too much calm and resolution to House (which is not what on-going episodic TV needs). That I can think of there have been only two fairly obviously INFJs on the show. The pregnant woman in Season 3, episode 12, One Room, One Day, and, interestingly enough, Moriarty (Elias Koteas) in Season 2, episode 24, No Reason.

Which is why Wilson (ISFJ) can't be INFJ, nor can Cameron (ENFJ).

cameron isn't ENFJ, she's INFJ if anything. also elaborate on why he'll have to dump wilson for whatever reason?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have no proof of nothing. What is Ni if not a get-out-of-elaboration free card?

But it's probably something about how when House does relate to real INFJs (not Wilson nor Cameron), he ends up calmer and clearer. Or, I dunno, stricken by clarity that doesn't get gamed.

"real"?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Err... hate him != shallow asshole. This isn't up for debate.

I agree with House being an ENTP, but I have no clue whatsoever about Wilson's type. ISFJ seems to be right though, considering his relationship with ENTJ Cutthroat Bitch.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Wilson and House need each other.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ This is my thoughts exactly as well.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5

This is a horribly terrific truth. But why is it that us INFJs put up/love assholes like House?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree that Cameron is not an INFJ. I did wonder if "13" was, though. She has the kind of reclusive sensitivity, suggestions of inner complexities, and yet an undercurrent of not being a push-over while being quiet and reserved.

Ep-13-No-More-Mr-Nice-Guy-house-md-1064139_320_299.jpg

This is a horribly terrific truth. But why is it that us INFJs put up/love assholes like House?
I'm not sure INFJs would all tend to put up with House. He is interesting to analyze from a distance and I agree that some would feel attached. I don't think I would be inclined to feel attached to someone like House. I would tend to observe his games, minimize my involvement, and when I did say or act in relationship to him, it would be based on a lot of analysis. I'd be sure he knew the least possible about me and I would be primarily unresponsive to him. He has his preset games that he wins at and so i would not engage him on those grounds. The moment I can tell someone is trying to stir me up or manipulate me is the same moment they have lost all ability to accomplish that. My mind psychologically detaches in that dynamic. I keep people like House at a distance so that I can operate my on and off switch in relationship to them. House is too much work to feel an intimate attachment towards. He wouldn't be worth the energy so to speak.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

because you think you can fix them and make them normal again; not realize that there was never anything to fix?

P

Phantonym

I hate House, I don't get why everybody likes the show, the main character is a shallow asshole, and if I knew him in real life I'd probably want to push him off of a cliff.

House only wants everybody to think he's shallow.

:peepwall:

because you think you can fix them and make them normal again; not realize that there was never anything to fix?

I like them broken. Why bother fixing. However, a bit of flogging never hurt anyone.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not realize that there was never anything to fix?

We're speaking of general examples here, right? Because in House's case, this is not entirely true. He changes after the operation, becoming more misanthropic than ever before. His personality defects intensify.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
We're speaking of general examples here, right? Because in House's case, this is not entirely true. He changes after the operation, becoming more misanthropic than ever before. His personality defects intensify.

yeah, generally speaking.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP

No, I watched a few episodes of House today. And Wilson is an ENFP, there's no doubt in my mind about it. He's clever. He's the personal counterpart of House's intuition. House deals with logical systems and Wilson reads people intuitively. I've never seen an ISFJ who is so bent on human possibilities and intuitive thought. He calls out House nearly every episode, explaining houses own psychological motives to him, causing House to recoil and examine his self. Wilson's not even an I! He's remarkably expressive, verbal, outgoing, into people!

Edit: Also, 13 is definitely an Ni. My instincts point toward INTJ. She is more inclined to extroverted thinking than empathy.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
House definitely has his personal malfunctions - possibly moreso than the average person. He also seems rather content to go his way, so being drawn to him to fix him would be completely pointless and would suggest a personal malfunction on the part of the supposed fixer.