User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 118

Thread: House, M.D.

  1. #71
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    that wasn't my claim. i'm not claiming that NFs can be more empathetic, i'm claiming the strength and moral/goal of their empathy is greater than that of SFs.
    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    she is extremely empathetic towards people, moreso than any S person could ever be.
    And what does the "moral/goal" of empathy even mean?

    It seems like if you say that NF empathy is stronger than SF empathy, that's basically the same as saying that NFs have more empathy than SFs. Changing the word from "more" to "stronger" doesn't make the claim less idiotic than it was before.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #72
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i'm calling myself stupid for trying to argue with you. :rolli:
    I wasn't fishing for an argument.

  3. #73
    Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    144

    Default

    *Spoiler Alert*

    What about the old guy that applied for one of the three positions under House that didn't get hired because he had no medical license? What type was he? He seemed to connect very well to House.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

  4. #74
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And what does the "moral/goal" of empathy even mean?

    It seems like if you say that NF empathy is stronger than SF empathy, that's basically the same as saying that NFs have more empathy than SFs. Changing the word from "more" to "stronger" doesn't make the claim less idiotic than it was before.
    :rolli:

    this is why i don't argue with INTPs, because you always think everything that doesn't make sense in your head is "idiotic". how is it "idiotic"? please, give me a logical explanation and not your "mindless", "idiotic" Si judgment "crap".

    i firmly believe that NF feeling is different than SF feeling, and one of the places where it would be see would be the degree to which a person can be empathetic. a deeper understanding of the connection between objects is proportional with a deeper feeling towards said objects. that is what i meant by intention. i also believe that most NFs don't bother showing it because it either angers them or depresses them; and so, only use it to the extent that SFs use theirs. i don't think the quote, "ignorance is bliss" has ever been any more true.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  5. #75
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I wasn't fishing for an argument.
    does that mean i can't tell you the truth?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  6. #76
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i firmly believe that NF feeling is different than SF feeling, and one of the places where it would be see would be the degree to which a person can be empathetic. a deeper understanding of the connection between objects is proportional with a deeper feeling towards said objects. that is what i meant by intention. i also believe that most NFs don't bother showing it because it either angers them or depresses them; and so, only use it to the extent that SFs use theirs. i don't think the quote, "ignorance is bliss" has ever been any more true.
    You are basically saying that NFs (1) are better able to understand the connection between objects than SFs, and (2) consequently feel more deeply towards whatever the "object" is than SFs.

    Where is your evidence for such a claim? Is it in the MBTI literature? I said "idiotic" because what you said was both completely unsubstantiated AND furthers prejudice against sensors. How much more explicit in my objection can I be for you to understand why I don't agree with what you are saying? I could live with the claim that NF feeling is different than SF feeling, but add values to that (e.g., more/less, better/worse, deeper/less deep, higher/less high) and I call BS. Is this something that you can understand?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #77
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    does that mean i can't tell you the truth?
    The truth would be most welcome. Wouldn't want to trash this thread though.

  8. #78
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You are basically saying that NFs (1) are better able to understand the connection between objects than SFs, and (2) consequently feel more deeply towards whatever the "object" is than SFs.

    Where is your evidence for such a claim? Is it in the MBTI literature? I said "idiotic" because what you said was both completely unsubstantiated AND furthers prejudice against sensors. How much more explicit in my objection can I be for you to understand why I don't agree with what you are saying? I could live with the claim that NF feeling is different than SF feeling, but add values to that (e.g., more/less, better/worse, deeper/less deep, higher/less high) and I call BS. Is this something that you can understand?
    Yeah, having an opinion isn't the same as making an argument.

  9. #79
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    to address both INTPs:

    first off, MBTI does in no way hold scientific merit. any analysis on trying to type people is complete "bullshit", because it is based purely on subjective observance - an opinion. i don't need further claim than this, because that's how it is. you look through all these threads and you'll find people type other people (and themselves) differently.

    i see no point in trying to make a standing argument in something as trivial as character analysis, both because there is no substantial proof and because i consider an argument to be something reserved for theories. you want to prove a certain character in a certain TV drama is of a certain MBTI type? prove the validity of the MBTI by finding a verifiable method of analysis, then. is this something you can understand?

    secondly, don't be idiots. nothing is idiotic, because the term "idiotic" is subjective too. you claim that my opinion is idiotic? how exactly is that of relevance to me? how does it further the discussion?

    i'm tired of seeing INXPs just spouting random judgments because something doesn't fit their absolute logic. is it really so hard to instead put out a counter opinion that could sway the other part? are you too lazy? is it too hard to find the words? why is this such a problem for people of these two types only?

    about the sensor "discrimination":

    is it discriminating if one thinks that certain people are better at certain tasks? you seem to think there is some sort of absolute spectrum where people rank in. i don't believe there is a spectrum. people regardless of types still have areas of expertise, and i would be willing to bet that everyone in the entire world has at least 1 area of expertise. if i was an INXP, i would use the term "foolish" here to think that every person in the entire world acts the same, has equal knowledge of everything and has the willingness to pull things through. everyone is different, but just because they're different doesn't mean they're worse off.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  10. #80
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    to address both INTPs:

    first off, MBTI does in no way hold scientific merit. any analysis on trying to type people is complete "bullshit", because it is based purely on subjective observance - an opinion. i don't need further claim than this, because that's how it is. you look through all these threads and you'll find people type other people (and themselves) differently.

    i see no point in trying to make a standing argument in something as trivial as character analysis, both because there is no substantial proof and because i consider an argument to be something reserved for theories. you want to prove a certain character in a certain TV drama is of a certain MBTI type? prove the validity of the MBTI by finding a verifiable method of analysis, then. is this something you can understand?

    secondly, don't be idiots. nothing is idiotic, because the term "idiotic" is subjective too. you claim that my opinion is idiotic? how exactly is that of relevance to me? how does it further the discussion?

    i'm tired of seeing INXPs just spouting random judgments because something doesn't fit their absolute logic. is it really so hard to instead put out a counter opinion that could sway the other part? are you too lazy? is it too hard to find the words? why is this such a problem for people of these two types only?

    about the sensor "discrimination":

    is it discriminating if one thinks that certain people are better at certain tasks? you seem to think there is some sort of absolute spectrum where people rank in. i don't believe there is a spectrum. people regardless of types still have areas of expertise, and i would be willing to bet that everyone in the entire world has at least 1 area of expertise. if i was an INXP, i would use the term "foolish" here to think that every person in the entire world acts the same, has equal knowledge of everything and has the willingness to pull things through. everyone is different, but just because they're different doesn't mean they're worse off.
    Still, you fail at differentiating between opinion and argument.

    You can have an opinion masquerading as argument (as above) just don't expect anyone to give such bullshit a pass.

    As an INTP, I know there are rarely black and white subjects, nearly everything is some shade of gray. Putting such gray subjects, lacking an exactitude or even "scientific merit", in such a state that every opinion is therefore valid, is an intellectually bankrupt method. If you truly believe that, there is no reason to write out an opinion, and we don't need to waste time reading it.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  2. Hogwarts Houses...
    By arcticangel02 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 11:22 PM
  3. Did Mice Domesticate the House Cat?
    By Oberon in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 08:47 AM
  4. Housing market cartoons
    By darlets in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
  5. Do you feel embarrassed by your friends house
    By Sona in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO