User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: House, M.D.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    cameron wouldn't be so all over house if she was S. she wouldn't have the need to "repair" house; it's a typical NF trait (yes i have been there). she is extremely empathetic towards people, moreso than any S person could ever be.
    Why would an S "be all over House"? You are saying her distance requires intuition and empathy because House needs space and no S could determine that? House draws the boundaries pretty strongly and concretely. Sensors have empathy towards a person's needs - moreso than iNtuitives in many ways. A need like space is both concrete and abstract. SF or NF can determine that.

if cuddy wasn't intuitive she wouldn't have such confidence towards house's ability and she wouldn't be as lenient towards his breaking of rules. compare her to foreman, an SJ; the episodes where foreman is supervising house in the second season is a good example. she can she why house is a great doctor whereas foreman has a problem with seeing the same. foreman wants to restrict house, cuddy has realized that restrictions would make house a less good doctor... or well, at least even less benevolent. she's like his mother.
    This argument makes some sense in my reading of it. I can also see why Cuddy doesn't seem strongly abstract in her thinking. She does present herself in an ultra-sensual way. She has striking awareness of the concrete world both in her physical presentation and in the presentation of the hospital. I'm not sure how to classify her, but either her J/P and/or her S/N seem rather balanced. She is definitely an extrovert though.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

where's your proof to state otherwise?
    Who cares? I was just asking a question.

cameron wouldn't be so all over house if she was S. she wouldn't have the need to "repair" him; it's a typical NF trait (yes i have been there). she is extremely empathetic towards people, moreso than any S person could ever be.
    That is pure shit. The worst paragraph I've read this week, and I'm an attorney.

if cuddy wasn't intuitive she wouldn't have such confidence towards house's ability and she wouldn't be as lenient towards his breaking of rules. compare her to foreman, an SJ; the episodes where foreman is supervising house in the second season is a good example. she can she why house is a great doctor whereas foreman has a problem with seeing the same. foreman wants to restrict house, cuddy has realized that restrictions would make house a less good doctor... or well, at least even less benevolent. she's like his mother.
    I'll buy that.

MBTI
    ENFP

Okay, has anyone seen the episode where House gets shot in the neck early on? I watched it, and by the end of it I didn't fully understand. It came on at a later date and I watched it again- and now I have two theories about it, either of them could work. I don't know if I should speak freely (spoilers) or if I should just ask to be PM'd. *sigh* I need closure.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That is pure shit. The worst paragraph I've read this week, and I'm an attorney.
    oh i am sure you could phrase it better, but the point still stands. otherwise if you think it's shit, please feel free to elaborate.

man i hate subjective judgments in arguments.

Why would an S "be all over House"?
    i'm saying that an S wouldn't be all over house. she is... as far as an INFJ can be all over a person.

You are saying her distance requires intuition and empathy because House needs space and no S could determine that? House draws the boundaries pretty strongly and concretely. Sensors have empathy towards a person's needs - moreso than iNtuitives in many ways. A need like space is both concrete and abstract. SF or NF can determine that.
    S would actively seek to limit house to the rules. cameron doesn't care about the rules, she cares about her own set of ethics.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Then how come you keep arguing with NFs?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Then how come you keep arguing with NFs?
    because, like the guy who keeps yelling "ouch" after every time he hits himself on the head with a hammer, i'm trying to empirically prove einstein's theory: "only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former".
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

oh i am sure you could phrase it better, but the point still stands. otherwise if you think it's shit, please feel free to elaborate.

He probably said it was shit because you stated that people with a sensing preference are unequivocally less capable of empathy than people with an NF preference. And he probably didn't bother to provide reasoning because it should obvious to anyone that such a claim is mindless.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Phantonym

because, like the guy who keeps yelling "ouch" after every time he hits himself on the head with a hammer, i'm trying to empirically prove einstein's theory: "only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former".
    I'm at a loss here. Who are you comparing to what? NFs to the universe, because we're supposed to be, according to Einstein, limited? Or are you just calling NFs stupid? Maybe both?

I'm not being sarcastic. I really want to know.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    He probably said it was shit because you stated that people with a sensing preference are unequivocally less capable of empathy than people with an NF preference. And he probably didn't bother to provide reasoning because it should obvious to anyone that such a claim is mindless.
    that wasn't my claim. i'm not claiming that NFs can be more empathetic, i'm claiming the strength and moral/goal of their empathy is greater than that of SFs.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'm at a loss here. Who are you comparing to what? NFs to the universe, because we're supposed to be, according to Einstein, limited? Or are you just calling NFs stupid? Maybe both?

I'm not being sarcastic. I really want to know.
    i'm calling myself stupid for trying to argue with you. :rolli:
    i hunt INXPs for bounty