First 45678 Last

Thread: House, M.D.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i just sat down and watched half of season 2.

wilson is N. no S would have that kind of perspective and support for or against house's decisions. plus, he uses extraverted feeling.

house: ENTP
    cameron: INFJ
    wilson: ENFJ
    cuddy: ENFJ (a female version differing from a male is entirely feasible)
    chase: INTJ
    foreman: almost positive this guy's an S. he even talks about being good with administration, which further pushes him towards SJ. he is very dismissive about house's intuition, but shrugs it off as disappointment. he knows he won't ever be as good as house (even though he does try).
    stacy: INTJ with high F.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Why is Cameron or Cuddy iNtuitive?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Haha, you people watch House!!!

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Haha, you people watch House!!!
    Well, I don't know about the rest of the people here but I watch Hugh Laurie

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Well, I don't know about the rest of the people here but I watch Hugh Laurie
    Well to be honest it's, what feels like, the formulaic format of the show that I could never get past. Sure, he's "a character" alright, but after all that snarkiness and sarcasm start feeling too gratuitous in the context of the show.

Hugh Laurie is a great actor, no question there, but House is not a particularly interesting character in my opinion, after a while.

Then again I never watched that many episodes and never from start to finish so my opinion is worth what is worth.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well to be honest it's, what feels like, the formulaic format of the show that I could never get past. Sure, he's "a character" alright, but after all that snarkiness and sarcasm start feeling too gratuitous in the context of the show.

Hugh Laurie is a great actor, no question there, but House is not a particularly interesting character in my opinion, after a while.

TV shows get old and people lose interest. It's the same as with relationships. At first, the other person is fascinating, everything they do is interesting but after a while all these traits that were so appealing to us at the beginning are the ones that start to get on our nerves the most.

I don't see that there is really much room for growth for House. The show is about him being the way he is and other people reacting to him. He is supposed to be, to quote marmalade.sunrise: "shallow asshole & arrogant misogynist". And Wilson is supposed to try to fix him. And all the others are supposed to roll their eyes.

House becomes predictable but I still watch the show because I hope that maybe the next episode will be something new. My relationship with House would be in the line of "Dance House, dance! Entertain me!"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    TV shows get old and people lose interest. It's the same as with relationships. At first, the other person is fascinating, everything they do is interesting but after a while all these traits that were so appealing to us at the beginning are the ones that start to get on our nerves the most.

I don't see that there is really much room for growth for House. The show is about him being the way he is and other people reacting to him. He is supposed to be, to quote marmalade.sunrise: "shallow asshole & arrogant misogynist". And Wilson is supposed to try to fix him.

House becomes predictable but I still watch the show because I hope that maybe the next episode will be something new. My relationship with House would be in the line of "Dance House, dance! Entertain me!"
    If House grew (I've only seen a few episodes from Season 3) there would be no reason to have a show. This is one of the problems with television. Success kills drama.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

Season five is a bit of a grind. The last few episodes are however quite the mindbenders.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why is Cameron or Cuddy iNtuitive?
    where's your proof to state otherwise?

cameron wouldn't be so all over house if she was S. she wouldn't have the need to "repair" him; it's a typical NF trait (yes i have been there). she is extremely empathetic towards people, moreso than any S person could ever be.

if cuddy wasn't intuitive she wouldn't have such confidence towards house's ability and she wouldn't be as lenient towards his breaking of rules. compare her to foreman, an SJ; the episodes where foreman is supervising house in the second season is a good example. she can she why house is a great doctor whereas foreman has a problem with seeing the same. foreman wants to restrict house, cuddy has realized that restrictions would make house a less good doctor... or well, at least even less benevolent. she's like his mother.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    In another episode, House told Wilson, "Your thinking is [lateral, unstructured]. It's a good complement to my linear thinking."

I agree that Wilson's thinking is lateral, but completely disagree that House's thinking is linear. Anyone who watches him for ten minutes knows that thoughts are brought to his brain by abstract connections - Edit: but he does often say, "W, which is why X, which means Y, which means Z." So I could be completely wrong.
    The connections could be quite abstract, but, within each set, there can be linear thinking...the logical process. This gives ENTPs that famed talent of *spin every story/rationalize*

Make any irrelevant matter relevant.

It could be the most off-kilter connection, but, there will be a step-by-step A to Z linear (logical) connection that brings it together. It's not either, or, imo.

* It's one of ENTPs most defining characteristics, I'd say.