User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: House, M.D.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I agree that Cameron is not an INFJ. I did wonder if "13" was, though. She has the kind of reclusive sensitivity, suggestions of inner complexities, and yet an undercurrent of not being a push-over while being quiet and reserved.
    Could be. And yet, not interested in office personality dynamics. Maybe not committed to her environment?

Taub is the only character I can cope with calling INTJ. He has that defeated thing INTJs can get around ENTPs.

And if Wilson is intuitive...

Nope, can't even finish that sentence.

Wilson does "get" House, and does say the right things to him, but it seems so often rule-based, and not insight per se.

I'm going to have to take look at Elias Koteas in No Reason again. If there really was an INFJ to an ENTP Holmes, would he be Watson or Moriarty? And if it were an ENTP like House, well of course the INFJ would have to shoot him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

House = ENTP Misanthropic Smart*ss
    Wilson = ENFJ Needy Enabler

Oh, and Cameron is so obviously INFJ it's not funny. I'm a guy and I relate to her more then any other character.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INTJ

For better or worse, and perhaps right or wrong, I associate E in an NFJ with puzzled naivete. When plots don't work out they look askance at people and cheer up. And Cameron sorta looks more like that to me. Whereas an I on an NFJ seems to make them sharper, more given to barbed, truth-based skewers. To, I guess, take the place of the sheer people-moving power.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    House = ENTP Misanthropic Smart*ss
    Wilson = ENFJ Needy Enabler

Oh, and Cameron is so obviously INFJ it's not funny. I'm a guy and I relate to her more then any other character.
    I find my own thinking completely out of alignment with Cameron's. She is the character I relate to the least, except for Chase. I've heard people call her INFJ and maybe she is, but her lack of consistency is a difficult aspect of her character for me to appreciate or relate to. That is not to say that inconsistency does not equal INFJ based on definitions because it might.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ

I actually admire House to a point because of his knowledge, and boy his sarcasm!

Of course, considering House and Wilson, it's borderlining between best friends, rational and moral anchor, and Ho Yay. There's this degree of attachment, for better or worst, between House and Wilson that's somewhat mutual, I think.

No idea about Cameron; she does seems like INFJ / ENFJ, probably changing depending on House's presense. (She ..turns into an introvert fast whenever with House. Oh well, everyone will.)

MBTI
    INFJ

I've settled with ENTP for House... but ever since I saw the latest episode, I started to question that. It was the episode where his patient's left and right brain were working separately. House said very clearly that right-brainers are losers. In other words, he dissed P types. I suppose that line has already been discussed in some other threads (how could it not?), but I haven't been reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    The show uses INFJs very, very sparingly. They bring too much calm and resolution to House (which is not what on-going episodic TV needs). That I can think of there have been only two fairly obviously INFJs on the show. The pregnant woman in Season 3, episode 12, One Room, One Day, and, interestingly enough, Moriarty (Elias Koteas) in Season 2, episode 24, No Reason.
    I thought the cat woman was INFJ. Season 5, episode 18, "Here Kitty".
    "A nursing home worker, Morgan, fakes an illness to get House to examine a cat which can predict the death of elderly patients."

It was just a thought that occurred to me while watching, I never really spend time thinking her type. I just got the vibe...

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    House said very clearly that right-brainers are losers. In other words, he dissed P types.
    Out of the context of MBTI, he more likely dissed a lack of logical thinking.

But I didn't see the episode, so I don't know.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    I've settled with ENTP for House... but ever since I saw the latest episode, I started to question that. It was the episode where his patient's left and right brain were working separately. House said very clearly that right-brainers are losers.
    In another episode, House told Wilson, "Your thinking is [lateral, unstructured]. It's a good complement to my linear thinking."

I agree that Wilson's thinking is lateral, but completely disagree that House's thinking is linear. Anyone who watches him for ten minutes knows that thoughts are brought to his brain by abstract connections - Edit: but he does often say, "W, which is why X, which means Y, which means Z." So I could be completely wrong.

And I withdraw my ENFP opinion of Wilson. ISFJ actually looks pretty good. But I'm moving my ENFP over to Cutner, I think that's pretty obvious. Cut-throat Bitch is an ENTP. What type is Cole (Religious Black Nut)?

Edit:
    House:ENTP
    Wilson:ISFJ
    Amber:ENTP
    BlackGuyWhoGives$100,000,000ToHospital:ENTJ
    13:INTJ
    Cameron:xNFx
    Cuddy:ESTJ?
    Cutner:ENFP
    Chase:xxxx
    Foreman:ENTJ?
    Cole:xxxx
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Wilson is INFJ (IFJ seems clear, at least); he's very comfortable with metaphor, and seems to think abstractly enough to follow along with House easily (and he always has tons of theories). Cameron is ENFJ. 13 is INFJ. House is ENTP. Amber = ENTJ, Forman = ISTJ, Chase = INTP I think, Taub = INTJ, Cutner = ISFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

House seems pretty inconsistent with the writing of the female characters. For what it's worth, I very rarely identify with Cameron. I think she's Fe-dominant, so if she's an NF, then it's ENFJ. Though I don't care much for the character, 13 is a more likely INFJ... fairly intuitive, keeps things close to the vest, extreme ESTP tendencies when under stress. She kind of presents as NT, though I don't think that rules out INFJ. It's really a toss-up between INTJ/INFJ. There are definitely similarities between the two characters, but 13 isn't overtly ruled by extraverted feeling the way Cameron is.

Amber is a prototypical ENTJ. Love her.