ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

^

opinion definition | Dictionary.com

the first definition.

keep in mind that i never stated anything as fact or truth or otherwise within scientific merit. i did not face any counter arguments either, because arguably i proposed the first incitement towards discussion (with an opinion, no less!). none of this is within scientific merit, and as such, is completely irrelevant. thanks for trying though, pippi. i'll let you know next time we need irrelevant statements in the middle of an irrelevant discussion.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^It's not that simple. You can't just extend a preexisting theory (which is in effect, what you are trying to do), with your own opinions without a substantiating argument which has a logical basis. You may come up with your own typology theory with unicorns and purple trolls and whatnot - noone is going to challenge you there, you will simply be dismissed. But it is invalid to take terms with established, commonly understood meanings (as in function theory - whether the theory is held to be "scientific" or not) and just bolt on your own idiosyncratic interpretations, then use that as justification for assigning a type to someone.

We can only type people because we (are able to) share a common understanding of what the functions are, so that we know when we talk about an ENTP, we can expect to see certain characteristics and when we talk about an ENFP, others. Otherwise I could say someone is an ESTJ because in my opinion he/she likes strawberry jam and, in my opinion, all ESTJs like strawberry jam and since all opinions are equally valid, I must be correct.

I hope you see how ludicrous that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^It's not that simple. You can't just extend a preexisting theory (which is in effect, what you are trying to do), with your own opinions without a substantiating argument which has a logical basis. You may come up with your own typology theory with unicorns and purple trolls and whatnot - noone is going to challenge you there, you will simply be dismissed. But it is invalid to take terms with established, commonly understood meanings (as in function theory - whether the theory is held to be "scientific" or not) and just bolt on your own idiosyncratic interpretations, then use that as justification for assigning a type to someone.

We can only type people because we (are able to) share a common understanding of what the functions are, so that we know when we talk about an ENTP, we can expect to see certain characteristics and when we talk about an ENFP, others. Otherwise I could say someone is an ESTJ because in my opinion he/she likes strawberry jam and, in my opinion, all ESTJs like strawberry jam and since all opinions are equally valid, I must be correct.

I hope you see how ludicrous that is.
    I guess bluemonday wins.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    that wasn't my claim. i'm not claiming that NFs can be more empathetic, i'm claiming the strength and moral/goal of their empathy is greater than that of SFs.
    How so?

To clarify: Please explain how you even come up with ideas relating to Feeling as judgement in your system where it is possible to be a INxP. Is that person a feeler or a thinker?

When you say SF, do you really mean ISxJ, ISxP, ESxP, ESxJ?

I mean I have no proper frame of reference to know what you mean when you are usually referencing your own system.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    How so?
    This is unfair to ask because, it's like, his opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Neither of you are correct, since this is based entirely off of opinion. Whether one person's opinion makes more sense than the other is irrelevant, because nothing is going to change here. Even if someone's opinion isn't inaccurate... well... you're not gonna change it. Especially not an NTPs' opinion, since to them their logic is absolute until otherwise proven, and here we have a case of two people's logic being absolute to them and then arguing about it. Quite hilarious and entertaining.
    You use the term "logic" here very loosely, do you not? Because I have yet to see anything remotely logical in Sentura's post.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I mean really, no one is gonna change an ENTP's opinion... ever. There's no point in trying even if you're right.
    Wrongo!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

bluemonday: actually i can. i mean, i just did it. whether you want to listen to it is entirely another matter.

it's a shame you aren't allowed to ignore moderators.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

bluemonday: actually i can. i mean, i just did it.
    At least you admit it. That's Step 1.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    At least you admit it. That's Step 1.
    contrary to popular belief, i'm not an idiot.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

contrary to popular belief, i'm not an idiot.
    I heard you have wildfire in your eyes.

MBTI
    INXP

it's a shame you aren't allowed to ignore moderators.
    That's what I tell my therapist!