• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Extroverts and introversion

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Am a confirmed extrovert going through an introverted phase in real life. Not an unhappy introspective phase, simply felt like I needed this right now and am taking time to examine life without external feedback. One of the reasons is that I felt like I lost touch with my own Ti and Fi (both impersonal principles and strong personal values seem clouded) . This makes it both harder to decide what side of the F/T divide I fall on but also harder to make decisions and find a sense of calm once a decision has been made.

Do other extroverts do this regularly as well?
Thoughts on how to make this time most productive without driving your extroverted self crazy?
Is there such a thing as too much alone time for an extrovert?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Some extraverts take alone time, but many cannot take it too well.
The best way is to do research, or online things like forums.
Yes, when you start to go craxy and make up friends to keep yourself company and beleive them real.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The best way is to do research, or online things like forums.
I'm wondering if this is really helpful. Is being on the forum a form of cheating? It's still being extroverted only using a different medium? The feedback is still there. If the goal is to develop a stronger Fi/Ti then maybe it's best to go cold turkey and cut down the feedback, regardless of the medium [shudders at thought].

Yes, when you start to go craxy and make up friends to keep yourself company and beleive them real

Hey, I *like* my imaginary friends. They're just smart enough to keep me interested but seldom show me up. :smile: