User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

When I'm stressed out I can easily blow a fuse and start going on angry rants or have a bout of sobbing. I'll have trouble focusing and I become painfully hypersensitive to certain sensory stimuli and will find it hard to comprehend what people are saying.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    fool

Oh man...do I agree to the "tunnel vision" thing or what!

When I get stressed, I feel this sort of hysterical desperation to keep on ploughing through whatever it is I'm working on with all my energy and attention (even if the end is nowhere in sight). This generally just makes me more stressed and is downright exhausting! This happens, especially, when I am very attracted to an idea/event/outcome and something comes in the way of its realisation. I get rather unattractively stubborn.

If I get stressed from being in a social setting for too long I will completely shut down. This is really only especially true with social settings where there's conflict, lots of very different people (or lots of sensing types...I'm sorry for saying it, but it's how I feel most of the time ), or little personable interaction. Normally, I radiate my love and happiness to those around me, but if I'm not given the chance to recharge, I become cold and hard. I think it's shocking to many people who are so used to me being open and warm! My very good friends understand this about me, though, and I cannot be happier for that.

Still, I feel bad when I get like that. I don't want anyone to think that it's something they did....it's just that that's who I am! Hahaha...darn this F. If I were an INTJ, I wouldn't care so much

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I don't think I get tunnel vision... I do get hysterical/inability to focus when stressed. I found what works best for me is to tell myself that it doesn't need to be solved right at that moment. There's time to get it done. Usually it's good to have alone time away from people. Because I tend to be irritable and say things that I don't mean to.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think the tunnel vision and the total overwhelm are part of the same process of losing the ability to fluidly switch perspectives and use the best skillset we have (Ni) to its best ability. we lose sight of getting good information and calmly processing, start rushing or hesitating/over-thinking/second-guessing, stop integrating our functions in the rhythm they were made to work and shit starts breaking/mis-firing. and one of the other functions hijacks the whole system and starts spasming with fatigue/exhaustion/overdrawnness.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I lose sight of my white, calm core and completely forget that oh... maybe a few hours ago I could see blue skies for the next 5 years. I tend to withdraw very rapidly from the world for periods of stress, convince myself that I'm socially inept when that's furthest from the truth. I watch a HELL of a lot of Nigella Lawson cooking videos on Youtube. She's very comforting.

Other actual behaviours, in the interest of type science - I eat food angrily without tasting it, let housework completely slide, stop making eye contact with people, have been known to cry while typing the first page or so of an important paper, gain a pound or two/stop eating altogether, carry around this nervous energy that practically crackles, groom myself impeccably. Oh, and bake cookies! That last one is a fairly nice symptom, actually, all things considered.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I tend to walk to clear my head and realign the agenda in my head. I tend to get stressed when there is an abnormal amount of things to do in the amount of time I have. I need to feel like I can do it in order to move forward.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ISTP

Does talking to certain people ever help you INFJs? Like your SO or a trusted, good friend? Would you ever let them in to help?

I am getting the impression INFJs prefer to sort things out on their own. Noticing you guys turn to solitary activities to de-stress.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
    Does talking to certain people ever help you INFJs? Like your SO or a trusted, good friend? Would you ever let them in to help?

I am getting the impression INFJs prefer to sort things out on their own. Noticing you guys turn to solitary activities to de-stress.
    I'm always wary of talking to other people when something's up with me. They have to be very, very, very close to me if I do that. It always feels like there is no possibility that they really understand what I'm talking about. And I don't want to bother people and make them uncomfortable. So, I guess it is about the solitary me-time needed to think things through and find solutions to problems. But there's a downside too, the monster called overthinking.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Twixt View Post

For temporary panics, talking to somebody doesn't really help. I pace... and if somebody tries to interrupt me, I snap at them. It's better if I'm allowed a bit of time to calm myself before they offer help. You'll have to be really close to get me to tell you what's wrong before that stage. Even then, don't expect anything cohesive out of me.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca