• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ~~~Self-Pity Unto Death~~

heart

heart on fire
Glorify the self-pity, people...you'll vent the poison faster and get through it faster. Go ahead hit the bottom so you can begin your bounce back up!

P

Phantonym

Go ahead hit the bottom so you can begin your bounce back up!

I just wish the bottom hitting wouldn't take so much time. It's like when you're going downhill really, really fast but you can't see the end point and you're going, and going, and going...
It's like come on, come on already! I'm going to deal with this! Going to, going to, going to...

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
I'm going through the possibility of heartbreak with my first love and not knowing what is going to happen because it's in the other person's hands for now. I am emotionally upset and in pain to the point of being nauseous enough to throw up this morning.

I have no friends around here to comfort me, and emotions are the one thing that I don't fully know what to do with when it's really bad.

I don't really have a youtube video, sorry.

You're just asking for it, buddy.....:hug::hug::hug:

We'll be here whenever you're ready to vent.

Go ahead hit the bottom so you can begin your bounce back up!

So there's trampoline hidden under all this rock? Anyone have a pick axe?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i'm having a super emo night.

Bright Eyes-A Perfect Sonnet

Lately I've been wishing I had one desire
Something that would make me never want another
Something that would make it so that nothing mattered
All would be clear then
But I guess I'll have to settle for a few brief moments
And watch it all dissolve into a single second
And try to write it down into a perfect sonnet
or one foolish line
'Cause that's all that you'll get so you'll have to accept
You are here then you're gone
But I believe that lovers should be tied together and
Thrown into the ocean in the worst of weather
and left there to drown
Left there to drown in their innocence
But as for me I'm coming to the final chapter
I read all of the pages and there is still no answer
Only all that was before I know must soon come after
That is the only way it can be
So I stand in the sun
And I breathe with my lungs
Trying to spare me the weight of the truth
Saying everything you've ever seen was just a mirror
And you've spent your whole life sweating in an endless fever
And now you are laying in a bathtub full of freezing water
Wishing you were a ghost
But once you knew a girl and you named her Lover
And danced with her in kitchens through the greenest summer
But autumn came, She disappeared
You can't remember where she said she was going to
But you know that she's gone 'cause she left you a song
That you don't want to sing
We're singing I believe that lovers should be chained together
And thrown into a fire with their songs and letters
And left there to burn
Left there to burn in their arrogance
But as for me I'm coming to my final failure
I've killed myself with changes trying to make things better
But I ended up becoming something other than what I had planned to be
Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers
And layed entwined together on a bed of clover
And left there to sleep
Left there to dream of their happiness

P

Phantonym

Just a beautiful song for wallowing in self-pity

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nB5VxPOoio"]Harry Nilsson - One[/YOUTUBE]

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
two can be as bad as one
it's the loneliest number since the number one

No is the saddest experience you'll ever know
yes it's the saddest experience you'll ever know
because one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
one is the loneliest number that you'll ever know

It's just no good anymore since you went away
now I spend my time
just making rhymes of yesterday

Because one is the loneliest number
that you'll ever do
one is the loneliest number
that you'll ever know

One is the loneliest number
that you'll ever do
much, much worse than two

One is the number divided by two
One...........

One is the loneliest number

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, a whole thread dedicated to self-pity?! I like it. :p

:(:(:(:(:):):):):)( and so on...

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Okay.

So... I ended my first love last night. I had pretty much done so the night before, but he (sort of) stopped me and we ended up talking for almost three hours. I completely cut it off last night. I got my motorcycle, left him with parting written words (I'd already said everything that could be said), and... left.

I know this is better for me in the long run - he said that no matter what, he would always want other women. He said that he needed someone who accepted him exactly as he is and that people who are in love should help the other achieve what they want, even if it's not in their best interest... but the one time he put me before himself, when he put his pride aside, he hated it. Loathed it.

He said he should not have to give up what he wants, that even though he knows he'll never get every single thing that he wants in one person and I'm the closest he's ever come, that he still wants what he wants and should not give any of it up.

He never said he was sorry for hurting me, or for lying or doing even the things that he admitted were wrong.

I've had people (women, really) say that maybe this will be his wake up call, the motivation he needs to change. That is not the point, nor why I did what I did. If he does, I think he'll be happier - I know he's never truly satisfied, and that his list of expectations or wants in a woman... I could've met them, but sharing him with other women would've broken me. I tried as hard as I could, and it did not work.

I know it will pass, and that time heals, but I am so sad and am grieving for the good I lost. There were some big, bad things there, but the good things shined - which is why this hurts so much. He just couldn't let go of the bad to be with me.

I accepted his dark side, and enjoyed parts of it, but the part that hurts people (including me) and doesn't seem to feel remorse... I can't condone that. I can't work around it.

There. My first love is gone, and I'm doubting the existence of another big one. And I have this annoying want to be held. :eek:uch:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Okay.

So... I ended my first love last night. I had pretty much done so the night before, but he (sort of) stopped me and we ended up talking for almost three hours. I completely cut it off last night. I got my motorcycle, left him with parting written words (I'd already said everything that could be said), and... left.

I know this is better for me in the long run - he said that no matter what, he would always want other women. He said that he needed someone who accepted him exactly as he is and that people who are in love should help the other achieve what they want, even if it's not in their best interest... but the one time he put me before himself, when he put his pride aside, he hated it. Loathed it.

He said he should not have to give up what he wants, that even though he knows he'll never get every single thing that he wants in one person and I'm the closest he's ever come, that he still wants what he wants and should not give any of it up.

He never said he was sorry for hurting me, or for lying or doing even the things that he admitted were wrong.

I've had people (women, really) say that maybe this will be his wake up call, the motivation he needs to change. That is not the point, nor why I did what I did. If he does, I think he'll be happier - I know he's never truly satisfied, and that his list of expectations or wants in a woman... I could've met them, but sharing him with other women would've broken me. I tried as hard as I could, and it did not work.

I know it will pass, and that time heals, but I am so sad and am grieving for the good I lost. There were some big, bad things there, but the good things shined - which is why this hurts so much. He just couldn't let go of the bad to be with me.

I accepted his dark side, and enjoyed parts of it, but the part that hurts people (including me) and doesn't seem to feel remorse... I can't condone that. I can't work around it.

There. My first love is gone, and I'm doubting the existence of another big one. And I have this annoying want to be held. :eek:uch:

:cry: :hug:

I feel your pain having read that, I'm sorry you are having to feel the way you feel right now. On the brightside, which would be so hard for you to see right now I know, things really do get better. :hug: