User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. #21
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Glorify the self-pity, people...you'll vent the poison faster and get through it faster. Go ahead hit the bottom so you can begin your bounce back up!

  2. #22
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Go ahead hit the bottom so you can begin your bounce back up!
    I just wish the bottom hitting wouldn't take so much time. It's like when you're going downhill really, really fast but you can't see the end point and you're going, and going, and going...
    It's like come on, come on already! I'm going to deal with this! Going to, going to, going to...

  3. #23
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Wrong thread for this! :steam:

    Sorry but this is the only thing that I can contribute to a thread like this.
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

  4. #24
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Sorry but this is the only thing that I can contribute to a thread like this.
    Then get out of here, and go join the NTs laughing at us.

  5. #25
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    I'm going through the possibility of heartbreak with my first love and not knowing what is going to happen because it's in the other person's hands for now. I am emotionally upset and in pain to the point of being nauseous enough to throw up this morning.

    I have no friends around here to comfort me, and emotions are the one thing that I don't fully know what to do with when it's really bad.

    I don't really have a youtube video, sorry.
    You're just asking for it, buddy.....

    We'll be here whenever you're ready to vent.

    Go ahead hit the bottom so you can begin your bounce back up!
    So there's trampoline hidden under all this rock? Anyone have a pick axe?

  6. #26
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    i'm having a super emo night.



    Bright Eyes-A Perfect Sonnet

    Lately I've been wishing I had one desire
    Something that would make me never want another
    Something that would make it so that nothing mattered
    All would be clear then
    But I guess I'll have to settle for a few brief moments
    And watch it all dissolve into a single second
    And try to write it down into a perfect sonnet
    or one foolish line
    'Cause that's all that you'll get so you'll have to accept
    You are here then you're gone
    But I believe that lovers should be tied together and
    Thrown into the ocean in the worst of weather
    and left there to drown
    Left there to drown in their innocence
    But as for me I'm coming to the final chapter
    I read all of the pages and there is still no answer
    Only all that was before I know must soon come after
    That is the only way it can be
    So I stand in the sun
    And I breathe with my lungs
    Trying to spare me the weight of the truth
    Saying everything you've ever seen was just a mirror
    And you've spent your whole life sweating in an endless fever
    And now you are laying in a bathtub full of freezing water
    Wishing you were a ghost
    But once you knew a girl and you named her Lover
    And danced with her in kitchens through the greenest summer
    But autumn came, She disappeared
    You can't remember where she said she was going to
    But you know that she's gone 'cause she left you a song
    That you don't want to sing
    We're singing I believe that lovers should be chained together
    And thrown into a fire with their songs and letters
    And left there to burn
    Left there to burn in their arrogance
    But as for me I'm coming to my final failure
    I've killed myself with changes trying to make things better
    But I ended up becoming something other than what I had planned to be
    Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers
    And layed entwined together on a bed of clover
    And left there to sleep
    Left there to dream of their happiness
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  7. #27
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default Just a beautiful song for wallowing in self-pity

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nB5VxPOoio"]Harry Nilsson - One[/YOUTUBE]


    One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
    two can be as bad as one
    it's the loneliest number since the number one

    No is the saddest experience you'll ever know
    yes it's the saddest experience you'll ever know
    because one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
    one is the loneliest number that you'll ever know

    It's just no good anymore since you went away
    now I spend my time
    just making rhymes of yesterday

    Because one is the loneliest number
    that you'll ever do
    one is the loneliest number
    that you'll ever know

    One is the loneliest number
    one is the loneliest number
    one is the loneliest number
    that you'll ever do
    one is the loneliest number
    much, much worse than two

    One is the number divided by two
    One...........

    One is the loneliest number

  8. #28
    Senior Member GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Wow, a whole thread dedicated to self-pity?! I like it. :p


    ( and so on...

  9. #29
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Okay.

    So... I ended my first love last night. I had pretty much done so the night before, but he (sort of) stopped me and we ended up talking for almost three hours. I completely cut it off last night. I got my motorcycle, left him with parting written words (I'd already said everything that could be said), and... left.

    I know this is better for me in the long run - he said that no matter what, he would always want other women. He said that he needed someone who accepted him exactly as he is and that people who are in love should help the other achieve what they want, even if it's not in their best interest... but the one time he put me before himself, when he put his pride aside, he hated it. Loathed it.

    He said he should not have to give up what he wants, that even though he knows he'll never get every single thing that he wants in one person and I'm the closest he's ever come, that he still wants what he wants and should not give any of it up.

    He never said he was sorry for hurting me, or for lying or doing even the things that he admitted were wrong.

    I've had people (women, really) say that maybe this will be his wake up call, the motivation he needs to change. That is not the point, nor why I did what I did. If he does, I think he'll be happier - I know he's never truly satisfied, and that his list of expectations or wants in a woman... I could've met them, but sharing him with other women would've broken me. I tried as hard as I could, and it did not work.

    I know it will pass, and that time heals, but I am so sad and am grieving for the good I lost. There were some big, bad things there, but the good things shined - which is why this hurts so much. He just couldn't let go of the bad to be with me.

    I accepted his dark side, and enjoyed parts of it, but the part that hurts people (including me) and doesn't seem to feel remorse... I can't condone that. I can't work around it.

    There. My first love is gone, and I'm doubting the existence of another big one. And I have this annoying want to be held. :ouch:

  10. #30
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    Okay.

    So... I ended my first love last night. I had pretty much done so the night before, but he (sort of) stopped me and we ended up talking for almost three hours. I completely cut it off last night. I got my motorcycle, left him with parting written words (I'd already said everything that could be said), and... left.

    I know this is better for me in the long run - he said that no matter what, he would always want other women. He said that he needed someone who accepted him exactly as he is and that people who are in love should help the other achieve what they want, even if it's not in their best interest... but the one time he put me before himself, when he put his pride aside, he hated it. Loathed it.

    He said he should not have to give up what he wants, that even though he knows he'll never get every single thing that he wants in one person and I'm the closest he's ever come, that he still wants what he wants and should not give any of it up.

    He never said he was sorry for hurting me, or for lying or doing even the things that he admitted were wrong.

    I've had people (women, really) say that maybe this will be his wake up call, the motivation he needs to change. That is not the point, nor why I did what I did. If he does, I think he'll be happier - I know he's never truly satisfied, and that his list of expectations or wants in a woman... I could've met them, but sharing him with other women would've broken me. I tried as hard as I could, and it did not work.

    I know it will pass, and that time heals, but I am so sad and am grieving for the good I lost. There were some big, bad things there, but the good things shined - which is why this hurts so much. He just couldn't let go of the bad to be with me.

    I accepted his dark side, and enjoyed parts of it, but the part that hurts people (including me) and doesn't seem to feel remorse... I can't condone that. I can't work around it.

    There. My first love is gone, and I'm doubting the existence of another big one. And I have this annoying want to be held. :ouch:




    I feel your pain having read that, I'm sorry you are having to feel the way you feel right now. On the brightside, which would be so hard for you to see right now I know, things really do get better.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Self Pity vs Self Compassion
    By Merced in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 03:08 PM
  2. MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 03:42 PM
  3. Self Pity!
    By Riva in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 06:19 AM
  4. Bad true things about you (shake your self-pity away, THEN write plz)
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
  5. Star of Death
    By Wolf in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO