User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Be your usual ENTP self. The one that smiles at you then quietly walks away is the INFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why do they do that?

I'm very curious about what it means to be shy (not introverted), it's something so foreign to me and I want to understand it.
    I do that little number all the time, but it's only because I'm blank (my thoughts are too abstract to put into words ).
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Ah, herein lies the difference. INFJs see that there are different ways that it could turn out and want to lie dormant until the probable outcome becomes clear. ENTPs see the possibilities and want to jump in and try some of them out. Maybe it's that you guys trust your instincts more, whereas I want to collect data to back up my hypotheses.
    Perhaps.

I think, rather than having a hunch/instinct about something, we have a certain hope for how it will turn out and we won't act until we're pretty sure that hope will cometo fruition. (at least that's how I was as an under-developed INFJ)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Perhaps.

I think, rather than having a hunch/instinct about something, we have a certain hope for how it will turn out and we won't act until we're pretty sure that hope will cometo fruition. (at least that's how I was as an under-developed INFJ)
    Ok, for some reason, I just got incredibly impatient. I am going to call a friend and get his number and call him right now. Done.

Ok, for some reason, I just got incredibly impatient. I am going to call a friend and get his number and call him right now. Done.
    Awesome. Good for you. Live life by leaps and bounds. For this is our way.

MBTI
    INFJ

I sincerely am so curious as to what you get out of this experience. If you know that you won't speak with him, why stalk him? I am really trying to understand how this process works for you... what are the benefits vs risks?
    I'm not calculating benefits vs risks in that situation. And, in fact, there are no risks whatsoever. I could just go say hi. If it doesn't work out, so what, we weren't close anymore anyway. If it works out, it's a nice reconnection.

It's just extremely awkward. What should I say? He does often serve customers as well, so if I talked to him, a waiting line would form behind me. That's the easy way out of the conversation ("gotta go, you seem to be busy"), but then I'd feel like a fool... talking so little after so many years. I could, of course, ask if he wanted to meet later on a better time, but would he even want that... I mean... suddenly... after so long time ago... I'm just thinking the situation through from his possible perspectives as well as my own. Basically it prevents me from acting.

And, I actually don't know will I ever talk to him. I plan to do it every now and then just to get it out of my system. I just don't know whether I'll really do it this time. And I don't necessarily stalk him that much; I occasionally go there for mere shopping as well. I have to be careful not to be seen by him, though...

Also, I presume you do this with women as well? If so, which feeling is more uncomfortable: speaking to her or beating yourself up about how you didn't speak to her?
    I don't change my behavior depending on the other person's gender, but if you mean whether I act the same way with romantic contacts, then... yes and no. Every situation is unique. Sometimes I'm very straightforward, sometimes I'm everything but that.

Whenever I let something become a long cycle, it kind of feeds on itself and breaking the cycle is difficult. If I had gone talking to my friend early on, it would have been much easier than it is now years after.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ha, I got his work number so he had to answer the phone. He was stunned and wanted to call me back but I told him no. I found out he plays tennis, so we are meeting on Monday for a match. (I'll try not to bring it too hard on the court...) I didn't give him my number so he can't call (or text) to cancel. He seemed pretty happy. Done.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

What would happen if he saw you and approached you? Would you feel compelled to get the hell out of there quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    I don't change my behavior depending on the other person's gender, but if you mean whether I act the same way with romantic contacts, then... yes and no.
    Sorry, the wording was awkward since I was mentally referring to my own situation, but yeah, I was talking about romantic interests.

Ha, I got his work number so he had to answer the phone. He was stunned and wanted to call me back but I told him no. I found out he plays tennis, so we are meeting on Monday for a match. (I'll try not to bring it too hard on the court...) I didn't give him my number so he can't call (or text) to cancel. He seemed pretty happy. Done.
    Yay! If what I've read is true, he'll love you for your ENTPness (heh), and this is classic.
    Last edited by marmandahalf; 05-26-2009 at 08:48 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yay! If what I've read is true, he'll love you for your ENTPness (heh), and this is classic.
    ??? - to the bolded part.
    I hope it doesn't scare him off, but if it does, then I know that he's not the right person for me anyway.
    But since I know his I style, I've already made back up plans just in case (a girl can't sit on a court alone, now can she?)

It kind of makes me want to do something similar with my INFJ...
    You have one also? Dish the dirt please!!

??? - to the bolded part.
    I hope it doesn't scare him off, but if it does, then I know that he's not the right person for me anyway.
    But since I know his I style, I've already made back up plans just in case (a girl can't sit on a court alone, now can she?)
    Bolded part= just what I've read about INFJ/ENTP interactions. That's why I love INFJs so friggin much. They seem to love us for the things that the rest of the world reviles us for.

Re: back-up plans: Of course you did
    Last edited by marmandahalf; 05-26-2009 at 08:48 AM.