Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    You've experienced the "fight or flight" feeling, right? That's what it's like. Your nerves are on-end, your heart is racing, and your mind is cranking a million miles an hour, but really thinking about nothing.
    That's actually one of the most prolific circumstances in triggering thinking. In those situations, estimations and assessments flow at their highest potential.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I have a lot of experience with it.
    i just avoid the phone if possible....dontcha love texting? course nothing is like hearing a nice voice........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why go to a party if you don't want to talk? I definitely won't pursue him anymore now, I gave it that shot and I think I'm over it. I could only imagine the cycle this would have created if he did that to a woman who was also shy or insecure or whatever...
    Oh boy. *recalls youth* I think the longest I drew it out was with the INFJ that I've already talked about before. That lasted two years. Two years that amounted to essentially nothing.

It sucked, but I'm kinda glad I went through that... because that's what it took for me to learn the lesson to not do that crap!

That's sweet and encouraging, but what should I do if he won't call me or talk to me when he sees me? I can only do so much... And then it makes me wonder what could possibly even come out of something like this. If he's too scared to call me, I'll be freaking the hell out of him sooner or later, right?
    Very possibly. It sort of depends, though, on if he's correctly summed you up and is just intimidated - or if he's idealizing you.

I find it reasonable to expect him to make the next move.

And why is a party so bad for an introvert? What are you there for, if not to meet people?
    A) Friend dragged me.
    B) Introverted friend dragged me because extroverted friend dragged them.
    C) Designated driver
    D) I secretly wanted to go but pretended to let the friend talk me into it.

*) For him, he may have gone because he knew you would be there.

I don't go to parties to really meet people though. I do go to parties to have fun, and usually do make some very enjoyable brief connections with super alcoholic-induced friendly people... but I find it's hard to find the type of connection I'm looking for at most parties.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    That's actually one of the most prolific circumstances in triggering thinking. In those situations, estimations and assessments flow at their highest potential.
    Really? Because I usually just collapse underneath it, and I hate it.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    i just avoid the phone if possible....dontcha love texting? course nothing is like hearing a nice voice........
    Texting is always preferred. I communicate more easily through writing, anyway.
    INFJ
    4w5

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Really? Because I usually just collapse underneath it, and I hate it.
    Not so bad really. INFJs can be found at bear attack survivor conventions. Some other types will not be attending. As to they are the ones that tried to assess the situation After all, what do you do when you assess? You make an ass out of an a and an e.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

jeno, i just chase them carefully.

getting their AIM or yahoo messenger helps a LOT as they can take their time responding and it helps with the shyness. especially if you tell them you're doing 'laundry' or whatever at the same time, so if it takes them a while, it's fine.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! are you serious? you are crackin me up. a month is nothing to me!! a month just sweetens thangs. are entps a tad impatient? or am i too lax?
    A month feels like forever, especially since there's no way we can even know if we like each other unless we talk...

You've experienced the "fight or flight" feeling, right? That's what it's like. Your nerves are on-end, your heart is racing, and your mind is cranking a million miles an hour, but really thinking about nothing.
    All that from just thinking about talking to a girl? Wow, ok I get it now. It seems even more strange and foreign that before but at least I can identify the feeling. But the question is why???

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why go to a party if you don't want to talk?
    I can only speak for myself, but I've attended many parties simply because I felt obligated. You know, a good extraverted friend's birthday, and you don't want them to think you've got a problem with them or anything, so you reluctantly agree to go.

I definitely won't pursue him anymore now, I gave it that shot and I think I'm over it. I could only imagine the cycle this would have created if he did that to a woman who was also shy or insecure or whatever...
    This is a wise stance to take. If he's really shy, then you may never get anywhere with him. If you want a suggestion, though: If you have any mutual friends, you might see if you could fenaggle a SMALL gathering, like four or five people, and meet him that way. It might be easier for him to talk to you in that situation. No guarantees, of course.

And you're right, his behavior could easily be misread by somebody else who is insecure. I've been guilty of that a number of times, myself, and the guilt I heap upon myself when it happens ... ooof.
    INFJ
    4w5