half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    it takes me many times to 'get it right' with people that i am attracted to cuz i'm already so damn nervous i can't be myself. isn't it like that for you?
    Not even a little bit. When I see someone I like, or who looks interesting, I am so excited to talk to that person. Patience is something I struggle with and nervousness is something I know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    If he's introvert the party atmosphere isn't going to be his thing. Something quieter and more intimate will be much more effective in drawing him out of his shell.
    Why go to a party if you don't want to talk? I definitely won't pursue him anymore now, I gave it that shot and I think I'm over it. I could only imagine the cycle this would have created if he did that to a woman who was also shy or insecure or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    If he's a shy person that fights you - then forget about it unless he's really hot and the fact that introverts are usually great in bed compels you.
    well, maybe I can give him one more shot...

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Not even a little bit. When I see someone I like, or who looks interesting, I am so excited to talk to that person. Patience is something I struggle with and nervousness is something I know nothing about.
    wow. i can't believe that. i really had no idea (duh) people didn't get nervous like that......i can't even hardly bring myself to talk on the phone with someone i'm attracted to!

i'll have to ponder this now.

and it's intersting you are 'done' with this guy. that is so not me. i'd find it a challenge even more now, if i found him attractive that is.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

He definitely likes you, jeno! I agree with the others--a party is NOT the place to get to know an introvert. Go for coffee or go bookshopping or something.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

wow. i can't believe that. i really had no idea (duh) people didn't get nervous like that......i can't even hardly bring myself to talk on the phone with someone i'm attracted to!
    I can't really imagine being nervous to call someone. It's so foreign to me. What runs through your head?

and it's intersting you are 'done' with this guy. that is so not me. i'd find it a challenge even more now, if i found him attractive that is.
    This has been going on for a month already. Well, it's been a month since I've noticed him but friends say he's been asking about me for a while now. A month is a really long time when there is no sign of progress... and we've only had conversation in passing. He is hella hot, though. Dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    He definitely likes you, jeno! I agree with the others--a party is NOT the place to get to know an introvert. Go for coffee or go bookshopping or something.
    That's sweet and encouraging, but what should I do if he won't call me or talk to me when he sees me? I can only do so much... And then it makes me wonder what could possibly even come out of something like this. If he's too scared to call me, I'll be freaking the hell out of him sooner or later, right?

And why is a party so bad for an introvert? What are you there for, if not to meet people?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Lol shyness. In 6th grade I didn't talk to my "gf" for like a month. Then she broke up with me. Bitch.

In all seriousness, I just can't ever think of something to say. So I say nothing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Lol shyness. In 6th grade I didn't talk to my "gf" for like a month. Then she broke up with me. Bitch.

In all seriousness, I just can't ever think of something to say. So I say nothing.
    Hahaha, that is adorable.

But do you ever have to think of things to say around your friends? You just talk about whatever, right? So why the sudden pressure?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hahaha, that is adorable.

But do you ever have to think of things to say around your friends? You just talk about whatever, right? So why the sudden pressure?
    Actually I'm terrified to be around my friends alone, because I feel like I have to be entertaining. So no it's actually similar, heh...

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I can't really imagine being nervous to call someone. It's so foreign to me. What runs through your head?
    um, i dunno, i guess just a lot of fear? fear i'll bother.....fear i won't think of interesting things to say........fear my voice will shake sorta. GOSH!! this sounds freakin pathetic!!

This has been going on for a month already. Well, it's been a month since I've noticed him but friends say he's been asking about me for a while now. A month is a really long time when there is no sign of progress... and we've only had conversation in passing. He is hella hot, though. Dilemma.
    HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! are you serious? you are crackin me up. a month is nothing to me!! a month just sweetens thangs. are entps a tad impatient? or am i too lax?

That's sweet and encouraging, but what should I do if he won't call me or talk to me when he sees me? I can only do so much... And then it makes me wonder what could possibly even come out of something like this. If he's too scared to call me, I'll be freaking the hell out of him sooner or later, right?
    this is so funny for me to see the thought processes of a thinking woman. i totally don't process like this! i would calmly pursue...find the key that turns him on, so to speak, reading him all the time....wouldn't stop til i figured him out. by then, i'd really really want him and so i'd think of course 'something good would come out of all of it.' and i'd just have faith that everything would work out how it should. i wouldn't project into the future negatively at all. and i'd trust that even though he found me weird, he'd, by then, adore me so much it wouldn't matter.

And why is a party so bad for an introvert? What are you there for, if not to meet people?
    i agree. i almost think this would take the pressure off a little more than one-on-one. yikes.

haha...this has been interesting
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You've experienced the "fight or flight" feeling, right? That's what it's like. Your nerves are on-end, your heart is racing, and your mind is cranking a million miles an hour, but really thinking about nothing.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    You've experienced the "fight or flight" feeling, right? That's what it's like. Your nerves are on-end, your heart is racing, and your mind is cranking a million miles an hour, but really thinking about nothing.
    exactly!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com