User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 216

  1. #161
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    This is why dating is so challenging for me. I don't want to rush into things, and am not in any hurry at all, and then I seem like a bizarre person when I'm not wanting to do something more than once a week, and am the one pulling the reins (because frankly I DON'T know early on whether I really see the potential or not, so I don't want to lead the guy on when ultimately I'm not sure about things yet) and the guy's just left going...
    I'm the same way on the outset. I will not open upright away to someone I like. The girl would just have to jump on me and kiss me or something to change my mind on that. Even in my startled (and joyful) response, I'd cover my tracks and make sure I put up a front so that I didn't come across as that was exactly what I'd been hoping for.

    Getting to know someone, for me, takes time. I want to make sure that if I'm going to cross the DTR bridge, that it's worth possibly losing a good friend.

    Once the bridge is crossed.... I get REALLY serious REALLY fast - often to the detriment of the relationship.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    the DTR bridge
    You say DTR too?

  3. #163
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    You say DTR too?
    I was saying 'DTR' when you were still in diapers.

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I was saying 'DTR' when you were still in diapers.
    Who's ageist now?

  5. #165
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Who's ageist now?
    What are you getting so smug about?
    I never denied the fact that you're younger.

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    What are you getting so smug about?
    I never denied the fact that you're younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I deny the fact that you're younger.
    What now?

  7. #167
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    What now?
    Cute. The permlinks have the same post number (the one for my last post on this thread) - the second post you 'quoted' is bogus.

  8. #168
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    So far, every time I've ignored my gut feeling for this reason, I've been sorry. And yet I still question it (my gut feeling, that is).
    Yeah, kind of the same with me. Although for me it's that I pick up on everything the person says/does, and build a composite, or something, and already recognize certain traits that probably wouldn't work in the long run, or that aren't really what I'm wanting in the long term. But a part of me doesn't think it's 'fair' that I write someone off like that after just one date (and I know the guys wouldn't even get it anyway, if I did, since we may have had great conversation throughout the date), so I'll go on a few more, or several more, only to have my suspicions confirmed down the road...or rather, maybe it's that I'm trying to force my heart into something it's not into - trying to rationalize it. So the 'trying it out'/rationalizing thing tends to be futile, and the fact that I'm rationalizing at all doesn't bode well, and always ends up being a bad sign. If my intuition/feelings aren't on board, I can't say they ever get on board.

    Finally, I may just try things even though I don't feel it because I so rarely meet anyone that I'm really drawn to, on all levels, so I start thinking I'm being too picky and/or am totally clueless and inept at dating in general (which I think I am). I start thinking I'm doing something wrong and then might try it out with someone I'm not completely enamored with. Not that that ever works either. It ends up feeling false.

    Arg.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  9. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Well, the ENTP's are as unshy and pushy as the INFJ's are shy and unpushy. So, I think it's more ENTP/INFJ curiosity with the ENTP's running around turning over rocks and yelling into dark places.
    QFT. Us INFJs like our rocks and caves.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  10. #170
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Yeah, kind of the same with me. Although for me it's that I pick up on everything the person says/does, and build a composite, or something, and already recognize certain traits that probably wouldn't work in the long run, or that aren't really what I'm wanting in the long term. But a part of me doesn't think it's 'fair' that I write someone off like that after just one date (and I know the guys wouldn't even get it anyway, if I did, since we may have had great conversation throughout the date), so I'll go on a few more, or several more, only to have my suspicions confirmed down the road...or rather, maybe it's that I'm trying to force my heart into something it's not into - trying to rationalize it. So the 'trying it out'/rationalizing thing tends to be futile, and the fact that I'm rationalizing at all doesn't bode well, and always ends up being a bad sign. If my intuition/feelings aren't on board, I can't say they ever get on board.

    Finally, I may just try things even though I don't feel it because I so rarely meet anyone that I'm really drawn to, on all levels, so I start thinking I'm being too picky and/or am totally clueless and inept at dating in general (which I think I am). I start thinking I'm doing something wrong and then might try it out with someone I'm not completely enamored with. Not that that ever works either. It ends up feeling false. Arg.
    What do you mean by the bolded? Could you expound?

    To everything else you said... once again, I strongly relate. You're starting to wig me out, actually
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
  2. [INFJ] Where to find INFJ's
    By Argus in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 07:49 PM
  3. [INFJ] How to win an INFJs heart ?
    By entropie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
  4. [INFJ] How to spot an INFJ?
    By marmandahalf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM
  5. [INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ
    By Thursday in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO