User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    QFT for all of it!

The only trouble is how do you APPROACH them without ruining your chance? I sure as heck don't want to be suddenly accosted on my meditation walks! Maybe if you catch me at a grocery store or bookstore. I tend to meet some of the coolest people in bookstores like Borders or Barnes & Noble.

It takes a lot of EJ determination, ENP insight, and a lot of ISJ patience to turn a chance encounter with an INFJ into anything meaningful.
    Any of these INFJ descriptions could fit me, too. And yeah, I'm not easy to approach if I'm alone, because I'm inside my head and hate being interrupted. The best place to talk to me would be in an academic setting, because I want that kind of interaction. That or a guitar jam or music store or something.

jeno, haven't you been reading this site? INFJs are the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I hope it's worth the effort... what exactly are you bringing to the table??
    My theory: All that they are?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Well, I guess my curiosity is getting the best of me once again... I must have one, at least once in my life!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ha, I got his work number so he had to answer the phone. He was stunned and wanted to call me back but I told him no. I found out he plays tennis, so we are meeting on Monday for a match. (I'll try not to bring it too hard on the court...) I didn't give him my number so he can't call (or text) to cancel. He seemed pretty happy. Done.
    That's so awesome, jenocyde.
    INFJ
    4w5

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    This is why dating is so challenging for me. I don't want to rush into things, and am not in any hurry at all, and then I seem like a bizarre person when I'm not wanting to do something more than once a week, and am the one pulling the reins
    But..with the rare exception (and they're oh so rare), I 'know' right from the get-go that I really like the guy and want to pursue him. This probably means that I shouldn't even be trying with the former ones..the ones I lack that initial clarity with..but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt I guess. And, don't want to overlook something based on potentially inaccurate initial impressions.
    Agree with pretty much everything you said. Except I usually figure out fairly quickly whether somebody's a "hit" or not. There's very very few of those. Close to zero chance for a relationship. Then there's guys that ask but I don't feel anything. So I give them the benefit of the doubt and try. I guess sometimes I seem too "friendly" which gives them the impression it's working out when I'm not feeling anything. They want to continue, I feel like pulling out. It can get to the point where I just "drop it" and it leaves the guy absolutely confused. I'm at lost as to how else to handle it.

I don't mean that someone has to pester me, but if you have strong romantic inclinations that you are holding back, then yea, it's probably not a good match at all. Spontaneity is key for me, even if it means that I have to deal with emotional displays... I just don't get how you can possibly know if you like someone unless you spend time with them, you know what I mean?
    I don't know about the other INFJs, but for me spontaneity only happens when I'm with people I'm close to. It's pretty hard to sense it until you get "let in". You can say it's aversion avoidance behaviour. When you can see all the ways something can backfire, it makes you reluctant to be too forward.

The sense of "fit" for me starts developing BEFORE I spend time one on one with them. Part of it is based on observing how they act in various situations. Whether I'll also act in a similar/complimentary manner. A difference between observation driven Ni compared to hands-on testing driven Ne?

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    That's part of what makes them so elusive. They're hard to type.
    It's funny how other types have difficulty typing INFJs when we ourselves have no problems with the same task. Actually INFJs are one of the easier types to spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    QFT for all of it!

The only trouble is how do you APPROACH them without ruining your chance? I sure as heck don't want to be suddenly accosted on my meditation walks! Maybe if you catch me at a grocery store or bookstore. I tend to meet some of the coolest people in bookstores like Borders or Barnes & Noble.

It takes a lot of EJ determination, ENP insight, and a lot of ISJ patience to turn a chance encounter with an INFJ into anything meaningful.
    Assume they're not you and therefore wouldn't mind as much to be accosted on their meditation walks? (*cough* not that they take such walks).

Good luck with trying to make it work on a single chance encounter. It pretty much never works for INFJs... well this one any how.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Actually I'm terrified to be around my friends alone, because I feel like I have to be entertaining. So no it's actually similar, heh...
    and on the whateverth day, god made alcohol
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    That's so awesome, jenocyde.
    haha, thanks. I'll keep you posted...

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The sense of "fit" for me starts developing BEFORE I spend time one on one with them. Part of it is based on observing how they act in various situations. Whether I'll also act in a similar/complimentary manner. A difference between observation driven Ni compared to hands-on testing driven Ne?
    Before one on one time? I don't get it - do you do group dates?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

"..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    jeno, haven't you been reading this site? INFJs are the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
    Or the actual Rainbows
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    Or the actual Rainbows
    Instant Rimshot