User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs, who relate to best?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an INF, I relate to INTs over ENFs.

4 50.00%
  • I'm an INF, I relate ENFs over INTs.

1 12.50%
  • I'm an ENF, I relate ENTs over INFs.

2 25.00%
  • I'm an ENF, I relate INFs over ENTs.

1 12.50%

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Shuffling the Archetypes.

You know how the temperaments are sorted into the archetypes NT, NF, SP and SJ? I wonder whether this is the best classification scheme.

I've noticed that I have much more in common with INF's than I have with ENTs. I was wondering if INFs feel like they relate more to INTs than they to to ENFs as well.

Should we should have archetypes IN, EN, SP and SJ, instead?

(Keep in mind, I'm asking who you relate to the most, not who you tend to hang around with. I have the most in common with other INTJs, and I hate the little bastards. I spend most of my time with ENTPs and ENTJs, and I have no idea where they're coming from half of the time).

I'm not sure why there are so many typos in the poll. Maybe I'm getting a little fatigued -- I've been writing for nine hours. Option 4 should be INFs over ENTs. If a mod has the ability to fix the fruit of my ineptitude, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    You know how the temperaments are sorted into the archetypes NT, NF, SP and SJ? I wonder whether this is the best classification scheme.

I've noticed that I have much more in common with INF's than I have with ENTs. I was wondering if INFs feel like they relate more to INTs than they to to ENFs as well.

Should we should have archetypes IN, EN, SP and SJ, instead?

(Keep in mind, I'm asking who you relate to the most, not who you tend to hang around with. I have the most in common with other INTJs, and I hate the little bastards. I spend most of my time with ENTPs and ENTJs, and I have no idea where they're coming from half of the time).

I'm not sure why there are so many typos in the poll. Maybe I'm getting a little fatigued -- I've been writing for nine hours.
    I've often wondered this myself. To be honest, I feel as if I'm often misperceived due to being an NF. I definitely know a few NTs who feel misconstrued due to being NTs.

Myself, for instance... I feel as if I have a lot more in common with the INTx types than INFPs and ENFJs.

I've often thought perhaps we should arrange the groups by dominant function. Maybe have Ns, Ss, Ts, and Fs. Or even make it uniform by going NJ, NP, SJ, SP. Finally, I've also had the idea of going IN, IS, EN, ES.

I actually find it rather oversimplified to have just those four as the main group of types.

I mean, it pretty much gives us stuff like "NTs are intellectuals/geniuses, NFs are philanthropists/idealists, SJs are obedient/traditional, and SPs are reckless/daredevils."

Those stereotypes don't fit all the types under their umbrella equally well. NT is strongly biased towards INTP/Ti, NF is strongly biased towards INFP/Fi, SJ is biased towards ISxJ/Si, and SP is biased towards ESxP/Se. That leaves a lot of people falling in grey areas.

The thing is, those archetypes might not always be the best way of determining how a person's unconscious mind works, or what functions they use, but which archetype a person identifies with inevitably becomes a factor (if only an unconscious one) in determining their type.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Yeah I was thinking of making a thread where we basically experimented with different classification schemes for temperaments.

I think NP, NJ, SP, SJ could work well.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm. Maybe just leaving it at the 16 types and not fiddling around with archetypes is best.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Hmm. Maybe just leaving it at the 16 types and not fiddling around with archetypes is best.
    But people love their classification schemes.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTJ

It's true. We're a little like BF Skinner's pigeons.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm not sure why there are so many typos in the poll. Maybe I'm getting a little fatigued -- I've been writing for nine hours. Option 4 should be INFs over ENTs. If a mod has the ability to fix the fruit of my ineptitude, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Gotcha.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of making a thread where we basically experimented with different classification schemes for temperaments.

I think NP, NJ, SP, SJ could work well.
    Yep, I do too. I'd like to see that become more prevalent, so that I could see how the archetypes people use changed and shifted.

I feel like the huge gap in NT/NF is a bit too much for (at least some) dominant Ns, who are likely to be conflicted between T/F. I mean, it's like, you know you're an INJ, finally figure out if you use Te/Fi or Fe/Ti, and all of a sudden, an aspect of your personality you had trouble even noticing at first suddenly lumps you in with either big-time intellectuals, or passionate idealists, when you hardly see yourself as either one.

Granted, INJs are probably the most extreme example in the current system, being the closest to the edges of it.

garbage

I tend to think of people in terms of a primary archetype and a secondary one that also colors their personality. I'd consider myself a NF first and NT second, my girlfriend NF/SP, and my best friend NF/SJ. This helps explain some of the difference between us.

Overall, I can definitely see NJ, NP, SJ, and SP working as archetypes.