User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Why NFs think that they understand NTs ?

First I will say that I am not posting this as a provocation I am really interested in this topic. Also I know that Fs and Ts are very wide groups. So I will generalize. SFs are free to join the party as well.

In many threads around this forum I have seen that NF claim soimething that goes in this direction and that they understand.
    For example typical claim is that we don't understand our own feelings.
    But in almost all cases you are "attacking" our feeling side or you just place focus on it. While you tend to overlook/ignore out thinking side on regular basis. Only if we have something interesting and/or controversial to show you will pay more attention.

But in general you are not too interested in our thinking side and even if you are you are still more interested in our feelings.
    So I would really like to read your comments about this.

On the other hand how can you fully understand someone if you "ignore" the largest part of them? So even if you understand our feelings you can't clearly understand how they are related to our thinking side. What means that you don't understand much actually.

In real life it happened plenty of times that NFs are projecting their emotion on me since it seems logical that I am feeling the same as they do.
    So when I say that they are wrong I get accused that I am lying to them and myself.
    This does not happen always but it is not that much unusual. But if I start to explain myself I get something like "You need professional help."
    However I admit that when it comes to me personally that is not so crazy idea.

Is it that really that hard to accept that a person does not feel over some period of time? (if we take classical everyday definition of feelings)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Shit, I always thought their majority thinking was a good thing and appreciated them for that. Only time I get concerned about their feelings past just the basic politeness is when they get closer to me. The slight close off is frustrating at times, but I hardly have any real bitch about it. I do know, however, that most Fs have an issue where they overreact to their frustrations and perceptions of hurt, so it may just be that.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It may be a superficial post but.

Understanding feelings is understanding thinking.
    The topic of interest is however a different matter. A clever person would not be selective as that does not give a holistic approach, however there are some things that simply are irrelevant.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I've never noticed that NFs proclaim to understand NTs, as a whole. Got specific examples?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

NF's think they understand *some* NT's because.. they do. Lots of NF's have NT friends or romantic relationships. Why wouldn't they think there is an understanding?

Best friends for years with an NT when he told me very personal things about himself and his relationships. Should I think I didn't understand him because he is an NT? I've been good friends with many NT's. Why would I think I don't "understand" them?

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think NF's claim to understand NT's. The question should really be "How do NF's understand NT's?"
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    intp

The projection is something NTs often complain about. The perspectives of this thread may help, especially the second half:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ings-nt-s.html

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I guess the theory is that since NTs are emotionally handicapped, NFs are able to empathize and understand our feelings better than we can understand them ourselves.

I'm really curious about what the OP tries to prove/accomplish with all these topics...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I've never noticed that NFs proclaim to understand NTs, as a whole. Got specific examples?
    Just take a look at at the post below yours.

I am well aware of the fact that the OP is shallow but I had to make generalizations. Since I don't want to make a huge post that no one will want to read. (and I have the tendency to do that)