Having INTPc flashbacks here.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Really? I don't think I suffer from this. Even if I thought I knew someone well, I could never profess to know them better than they know themselves. Furthermore, I generally keep my insights to myself unless asked.
    I don't recall seeing you do anything like this.

Of course it's not something all INFJs do...but most of the people I've observed this in are INFx, and more INFJ than INFP.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If you wouldnt post THAT long posts other people would actually be able to follow
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Guilty as charged. I'm really trying to be more aware of it and avoid falling into that pitfall. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.

As for the OP. I think you've actually answered your question. The emphasis is on the word think. It means that people (from your point of view, NFs) get too involved and caught up in something they think aka imagine about others.

I can only speak for myself, but as I receive information about others, my mind starts to "solve the puzzle" and all the information goes through some kind of a filter and becomes altered in such a way that I'm only able to see IT, that is what I think i.e. imagine about others. Call me crazy
    You're crazy.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You're crazy.
    You mean that in a positive way I hope, otherwise I need to report you

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You mean that in a positive way I hope, otherwise I need to report you
    yeah um, I meant CRAZY AWESOME

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

AS,

Let me explain what I do. I dont know if it applies to others-it may or may not. This issue is really beyond just NTs, and seems more generic.

My brain is like a giant, Ne vacuum sucking up information around me and constantly connecting all the pieces together. A connects to B which connects to C and so on... It never seems to stop connecting and reconnecting trying to make recognizable patterns out of what information it perceives.

Maybe cause of the Fi, the info it finds neatest is info about people. I want to-I am driven to-understand what they are doing and why they are doing it. It's very OCD honestly. So for any given individual I will see behavorial characteristics, behavorial patterns and remember them. I do this endlessly, I cant stop, it is inherent in my brain.

Then eventually Ne begins to start connecting the same types of individuals-thanks to the handy dandy MBTI model-with the same patterns of behavior and looking for more global patterns, new underlying themes. Ne creates new models and new modes of connection. Again, I cant really stop it. Its like a motor in my brain, twisting and turning puzzle pieces endlessly.

I guess I could just not share but the connections are so neat and exciting for me, like toys and I want to see if they are anywhere near correct.

There are two potential areas for flaws-first the Ne connections may not be accurate-so once I observe something that seem to be repeated in myself or others as a potential connection-I try and test it-usually here-by asking others if they do or feel the same thing as I have observed. Sometimes it rings true and sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes I offend people without meaning too. I feel badly about this. Sometimes I offend as the connection is incorrect but sometimes I think I offend as it may be a bit too correct and hit sensitive points, close to the core of folks.

The next flaw-and this is the massive one-is judging the motivations or reasons why they are doing what they are doing (Fi) and then even judging if that's okay (Fe). This knee jerk response in enfps is fairly well known as being very flawed. This is very dangerous territory I think. Fi is highly individualized and can be way off in.

So the perception may be accurate but the understanding of motivation may be terribly wrong??

So anyways, this is what makes us try and figure others out, and NTs are just really interesting since they share the Ne/Ni.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The vast majority of my friends in my life have been NT. I had a helluva time figuring them out, until I found the MBTI. Now I understand them pretty well.

Why do you think NFs are unable to understand NTs?
    INFJ
    4w5

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think there's a tendency for some people to project their feelings onto me because that's what they would feel if they were in my shoes. And when I assert that I do not feel that way at all, I am told that I am in denial or out of touch with my emotions.