User Tag List

First 394748495051 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Never fear, PeaceBaby, for I am not so much for peace as you are, and will gladly take this thread out to the woodpile! *loads the shotgun* It's got to be this way, Old Yeller! You can't keep foaming on the chil'rens!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    But we CAN read minds ya know ...

I think the trouble occurs when an NF can't really figure out what the issue is when one is sensed and therefore tries to extrapolate or speculate based on their own filters, their own experiences. That's the error.

That being said, I have learned to trust intuition because it is folly to ignore messages received in the first place. I don't want to post the many examples I have of such occasions, so you'll have to take my word on that.

Amargith, you have really held in here to try to explain intuition & empathy and for that I send you

AS-one, you can't intellectualize everything, so it is folly to try to dissect this further. But I do believe you are trying to understand, and that is admirable.

So ya, let's hope this thread drifts off, not to be resurrected again.

I am curious why do you think this thread should stop ?
    I ask since you are holding this position from the strart.

When I started this thread(s) I knew that I will be able to get everything for this thread(s) but I am making some understandings here.

Do you see this thread as a conflict ?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Thnx Peacebaby, I wanted this thread to work so much, as I too would love to see this issue resolved and know how to handle it, but maybe the gap is too big to bridge, I dunno. AO, the reason I for one wouldn't mind for this thing to die is because it's frigging draining to have these type of conversations. On the other hand, I was hoping it would lead to understanding between the two so yeah, I know I helped keep it alive
    However, talking about emotions and feelings and having them then put through the logic processor is just..yeah, let's just say that logic wasn't made to judge empathy. In fact, it's quite an inadequate tool for it. It's like having a butcher perform surgery, imo.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Thnx Peacebaby, I wanted this thread to work so much, as I too would love to see this issue resolved and know how to handle it, but maybe the gap is too big to bridge, I dunno. AO, the reason I for one wouldn't mind for this thing to die is because it's frigging draining to have these type of conversations. On the other hand, I was hoping it would lead to understanding between the two so yeah, I know I helped keep it alive
    However, talking about emotions and feelings and having them then put through the logic processor is just..yeah, let's just say that logic wasn't made to judge empathy. In fact, it's quite an inadequate tool for it. It's like having a butcher perform surgery, imo.

This is because the therad keeps getting at genaral NT-NF discussion and you so you end up with nothing. Since everything here is individual by a quite extensive degree.
    I mean how can we understand anything if we are not talking about anything?
    Most ot of this thread are arguments on the personal level.

If you want understanding ask me a question. (personal or impersonal)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Never fear, PeaceBaby, for I am not so much for peace as you are, and will gladly take this thread out to the woodpile! *loads the shotgun* It's got to be this way, Old Yeller! You can't keep foaming on the chil'rens!
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am curious why do you think this thread should stop ?
    I ask since you are holding this position from the strart.
    Thank you for noticing.

I just see it as very circular. You have received the same answer in many different iterations now. Let's pretend you are color-blind. It's like me trying to explain "red" to you. I could describe many different ways "red" looks, feels and even tastes like, but ultimately you can't see that color. (You don't even mind, since you can't see it anyway.) But you desire to know more about it, intellectually. Except "red" isn't just intellectual, it's experiential too.

Within this thread there is already a great deal of info to help you create a frame of reference. And no other posters new to this thread will invest the time to truly read through the WHOLE thing, so they will miss all the explanations etc. upon which you based the OP. It's like starting over and over again all the time, each time the post pops up. And because the initial questions were posited in a ... slightly deprecating manner, it makes an NF feel like they must defend themselves, instead of simply explain.

That being said, I do laud your efforts to reach out. And perhaps I shouldn't be impatient with the circularity of it. I hope it is helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I don't think the gap is too wide, but I think since we all deal with different stuff throughout a lifetime, AS-one, your time to understand this issue will likely be when you face it IRL.

Everyone, proceed as you see fit. AS-one, you can even ask me specifics if you wish and I shall try to be as illuminating as possible too.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

NF's rarely have a good understanding of NT's. It's like a blueprint for a pigmalion project that they do in their heads.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Let's get this to 50 posts!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    NF's rarely have a good understanding of NT's.
    I understand the NTs I've known in person quite well.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

The thread got resurrected so I will pop another question.

When NF says " I have to sort my feeling out."

What does that actually mean ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Well, it could mean very different things depending on the context...
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]