First 364445464748 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I guess the theory is that since NTs are emotionally handicapped, NFs are able to empathize and understand our feelings better than we can understand them ourselves.
    Very true imho.

I think my INTJ dad is glad he's got me in times when emotions take the upper hand cause NT's feel uneasy when dealing with that sort of things, eventhough they must, cause it's unavoidable. Like the death of relatives for instance. Some things you just can't rationalize.

And NFs certainly need T's around to keep it all in check.

Bottom line we all need eachother.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    I think some NF's could be better at it than others, also some NT's could be harder to read. its not black and white.

what i would like to know, speaking in generalities, is if its possible that NT's dislike not being a bit of a mystery? do INT's and ENT's differ in this at all?
    It's at least partly true. Whenever I hear that "You don't understand me! I'm a giant enigma!" talk from NTs of my association, I just shake my head and say, "Sure. Sure. Okay. You're a mysterious conundrum, Sphinxy. Whatever."

I don't go around telling them what to think or wear or feel, and I don't yank this information out of them. I'm simply reflecting back the things they themselves have volunteered, and the immature ones don't enjoy that (I think because they didn't realize that they were making their "inner world" so obvious to someone else or that their "inner world" could possibly be something another person could instinctively grasp with little effort...)

I've heard it most from NTPs. The NTJs I know don't seem to put any weight or value on that sort of thing - in fact, they seem pleased that the people they care about have put forth the effort to get to know them. I think it makes them feel uniquely loved, whereas the Ps seem to want to believe they're unknowable ad infinitum. This isn't all Ps, or even all NTPs (as I know several who also like to be "predicted" on some level because it means I'm paying attention to their subtler cues...).

Sorry, Mysterios of the world. You're only a human being. You have patterns like the rest of us. Constantly spinning around won't make you different or mysterious, just dizzy.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Why NF's think they understand NT's better...because who else is going to understand NT's better than NF's
    Other NTs? They are intuitvies, too.

what i would like to know, speaking in generalities, is if its possible that NT's dislike not being a bit of a mystery? do INT's and ENT's differ in this at all?
    No, what happens is that I think I'm straightforward and others think I'm a puzzle.
    Some people are uneasy at dealing with you unless they can allot you to one of their boxes. So, they become frustrated that you dare to tell them their conclusions are wrong - especially if they consider reading people a strength - and complain that you are trying to be mysterious. It's lovely though when they take the time to sit and talk and really understand instead of trying to fit a pretty uncomplicated square peg into a round hole then complaining that you are trying to be mysterious.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think some NF's could be better at it than others, also some NT's could be harder to read. its not black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    It's at least partly true. Whenever I hear that "You don't understand me! I'm a giant enigma!" talk from NTs of my association, I just shake my head and say, "Sure. Sure. Okay. You're a mysterious conundrum, Sphinxy. Whatever."

I don't go around telling them what to think or wear or feel, and I don't yank this information out of them. I'm simply reflecting back the things they themselves have volunteered, and the immature ones don't enjoy that (I think because they didn't realize that they were making their "inner world" so obvious to someone else or that their "inner world" could possibly be something another person could instinctively grasp with little effort...)

I've heard it most from NTPs. The NTJs I know don't seem to put any weight or value on that sort of thing - in fact, they seem pleased that the people they care about have put forth the effort to get to know them. I think it makes them feel uniquely loved, whereas the Ps seem to want to believe they're unknowable ad infinitum. This isn't all Ps, or even all NTPs (as I know several who also like to be "predicted" on some level because it means I'm paying attention to their subtler cues...).

Sorry, Mysterios of the world. You're only a human being. You have patterns like the rest of us. Constantly spinning around won't make you different or mysterious, just dizzy.
    I don't know that I need to be mysterious, but I do really dislike being transparent. Especially when I'm not even sure of the meaning of what I'm doing. I guess that's the same as being mysterious, though.. but I have reasons!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I find inadvertent transparency to be painful myself. My sister can see through me pretty well, which I find very uncomfortable, but at least I know she's not going to judge me about it. I don't live on the surface easily.

Hey, there, AJ, I can see your DNA strand. It's rather twisty and large. I didn't want to say it, but I felt that it was my duty to point it out.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INTP

Hey, there, AJ, I can see your DNA strand. It's rather twisty and large. I didn't want to say it, but I felt that it was my duty to point it out.
    Oops.. it does that sometimes.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

C'mon! Man up! lol You wanted the ladies to see it!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah but it contains vital and valuable information!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Other NTs? They are intuitives, too.
    Yes true intuition is a part of how NT's and NF's function and in some ways both have their vulnerabilities to deal with however emotions and feelings are a lot more unpredictable than logical thinking. In that respect that it becomes easier to see the straight line thinking because its consistent and usually tends to deviate under stress.

Reading between the lines is much easier and can cut to the chase sooner, while seeing the pattern recognition is of itself intuitive interpreting emotions is much harder to do than interpreting logical processes.

Also depends how developed either preference is, say the more logically inclined are easier to read than borderline or well developed preference for both thinking and feeling functions.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It's interesting that you say that. I have the same experience, and I thought it might be because of a Fe/Fi difference or misunderstanding in communication, which, if true, would be the opposite for you. I'm kinda intrigued as to why that is though. Why is it that NTJs usually have no qualms with this and NTPs often do?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”