User Tag List

First 344243444546 Last

Results 431 to 440 of 504

  1. #431
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I do that too, but when I'm drawing or reading. Light will just about vanish and I won't notice.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  2. #432
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    You have given a few theories

    1. NF's think they understand NT's

    2. NF's don't understand NT's

    3. NF's don't understand NT's like they think they do.

    4. There is a problem in communication between NF and NT.


    I don't see proof on any of these, and yet you continue to act as if there is proof. I don't see a point to this thread other than grandstanding.

    If an NF responds logically to this thread they are dismissed as much as if an NF speaks emotionally. If someone mistypes themselves as NT would you be more likely to listen to them as if they are less emotional?

  3. #433
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    If someone mistypes themselves as NT would you be more likely to listen to them as if they are less emotional?
    When I first started with this theory, I was like this. I'd often ignore an NTs emotions and assume they were nothing more than a projection on my part, or simply a result of the NT malfunctioning and expressing random, inappropriate emotions due to stress.

    I found out later that some of them like to be treated like people and engaged on an emotional level, and didn't like the "extremely analytical and detached," "computer-like," or "dismissive" responses to their feelings (which occurred because I had convinced myself any emotion I saw in them was an illusion or mistake, and they couldn't appreciate that kind of attention anyway). Who knew? At first, I assumed this meant they were mistyped, but it did appear pretty consistently.

    Calling the other two "shadow" functions and implying that their appearance indicates a psychic malfunction is a very dangerous theory to be included so casually, I must say.

  4. #434
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Cim points to it because it IS "strange". As exciting as echo location is, the majority of the human populace requires light to find their food.
    Just for the reason to see that it is not spoiled, crawling with bugs (summertime ants etc.). Seems just an instictive thing to want to see what one is shoveling into the pie hole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    On the other all people with which I have developed "stronger" relations are Ts. (NTs and SPs) What can't be a coincidence.
    It just seems like your preference. What does it really matter in the larger scheme of things?

  5. #435
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    When I first started with this theory, I was like this. I'd often ignore an NTs emotions and assume they were nothing more than a projection on my part, or simply a result of the NT malfunctioning and expressing random, inappropriate emotions due to stress<snip>
    I hope you were just thinking about it and writing your thoughts.

    I actually meant AO dismissing NF's because he thinks they act a certain way that isn't as acceptable as NT's.

  6. #436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Is it that really that hard to accept that a person does not feel over some period of time? (if we take classical everyday definition of feelings)
    No, it is not that hard to accept. What is hard to accept is the notion that NFs are always right or wrong about their NT counterparts. It defies logic because it defies probability.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  7. #437
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    No, it is not that hard to accept. What is hard to accept is the notion that NFs are always right or wrong about their NT counterparts. It defies logic because it defies probability.
    Indeed. The switch has more positions than "on" and "off".
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #438
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I hope you were just thinking about it and writing your thoughts.
    Yeah, I was.
    I actually meant AO dismissing NF's because he thinks they act a certain way that isn't as acceptable as NT's.
    Oh, now that's hard to understand. We always try to be good, helpful, accommodating, or compassionate in some way. Sometimes we're not, but we always try. NF behavior seems perfectly acceptable, it's a lot less harsh. I can't see why he would say that.

    I hope he tells us.

  9. #439
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    You have given a few theories

    1. NF's think they understand NT's

    2. NF's don't understand NT's

    3. NF's don't understand NT's like they think they do.

    4. There is a problem in communication between NF and NT.


    I don't see proof on any of these, and yet you continue to act as if there is proof. I don't see a point to this thread other than grandstanding.

    If an NF responds logically to this thread they are dismissed as much as if an NF speaks emotionally. If someone mistypes themselves as NT would you be more likely to listen to them as if they are less emotional?

    I think you are making this balck and white and this is not the case.
    In on of my posts I have said that you can understand a large part of us but some parts will probably stay out of reach. Simply becuse you have a problem "vizualizing" the proces.

    I think that 3 and 4 are somewhat true.


    But you are wrong if you think that I will favour NT person over NF person just because this one is NT. Which is because I think about things and I take the option that has makes most sense to me. it is irrelavant who actually said it.


    But truth to be told I have a problem finding a common ground with (N)Fs in general.

  10. #440
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You mean survival? Sounds like a plan
    I mean that I eat but I am not conentrated on it.
    I eat reagulary and my body mass is just about right.




    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

    It just seems like your preference. What does it really matter in the larger scheme of things?
    I am not sure that it is a preferance it is just that in most cases there is no real attraction between us.

Similar Threads

  1. Why people think that US has a government ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
  4. [NT] Why I think that the world as we know it is doomed.
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO