User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

Results 391 to 400 of 504

  1. #391
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    .
    I don't know what NFs are good at. What are you good at?
    I'm good at coming up with ways to tease NTs about how quirky, childish, and unsophisticated their emotions are compared to mine, and how oblivious they are to the meaning of and appropriate response to other people's reactions.

    (I'm kidding, of course.)

  2. #392
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes but that is not all.

    Sometimes I can really trigger " You know what? I trully feel sorry for you. "
    How does that make you feel?

    This NF shit is easy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #393
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes but that is not all.

    Sometimes I can really trigger " You know what? I trully feel sorry for you. "
    Do they say why? Because without context it sounds really rude of them to say that...edit at least it would be in USA culture.

  4. #394
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How does that make you feel?

    This NF shit is easy!
    I just do my usual eye roll.

  5. #395
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Do they say why? Because without context it sounds really rude of them to say that.
    Well, ths context is pretty much everything I have been posting here. (games included)
    You can't really blame people for this I since I really am not coperative.

  6. #396
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You're still doing that thing where you refuse to actually make a point. I can't really make it on your behalf.

    I don't think many NTs have the first clue about logic. Just because they assign value to it doesn't mean they are all skilled logicians. And "people people" are interested in people, yes. And frequently know how to get people to do what they want, yes. Humans are pretty much susceptible to the same sort of tactics when it comes to ingratiating yourself so a broad understanding of human nature is implied. And an understanding of MBTI will give you a superficial understanding of NTs as a group. I don't think that's what the OP meant though. Although who really ever knows what he means....
    I'm saying, in theory, NFs are inherently better suited to understand NTs as people than the other way around. And I'm also saying that, in theory, NFs are inherently better suited to understand people in general than any T.

    Just like it makes sense in my head to say that, in theory, (N)Ts are inherently better suited to deal with logic. Ti deals with logical consistency and Fi with emotional/feeling consistency .

    What you said about MBTI is valid for any temperament and I do agree of course. There's nothing conclusive about MBTI, so this whole thing can only be discussed subjectively.

    I don't know what NFs are good at. What are you good at?
    NFs? They are people people, that was what I was saying. INFs less so, in a classical sense, but still. Me personally?I can moonwalk.

  7. #397
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well, ths context is pretty much everything I have been posting here. (games included)
    You can't really blame people for this I since I really am not coperative.
    Well, I still don't quite understand the view you seem to have that your interaction here and the responses you recieved in return were really all that unusual or provocative in relation to anything else on the forum. You engaged NF on an admittedly emotional level and got responses on that level. I'd be really surprised if many of them will carry grudges. Some people even played back at you and you called them children. So then people are not sure what you want. You send out mixed messages. If you do this, you can't blame others for not understanding you. They can only know you from what you say and do. If you play with people, you must expect to be toyed with back.

    But if you play games with people, you really have to expect to get some negative reactions in return because not everyone likes to play or be played with. If the game is more important to you than getting along with others then that is a decision you make and accept the fallout.

    Many introverts, even INF, get the same comments about being cold, uninvolved, bad attitude thing applied to them and assumptions made about their true nature which may not be true. They get the "I feel sorry for him/her because they are so withdrawn" Some of this is just part of dealing with humans and human nature and why it is a relief to find a place to chat with other introverts.

  8. #398
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm saying, in theory, NFs are inherently better suited to understand NTs as people than the other way around. And I'm also saying that, in theory, NFs are inherently better suited to understand people in general than any T.
    Hmmm...who was it that grouped people into those categories again...?
    Some psychologist called Keirsey? I wonder what his type might be.....

    . Me personally?I can moonwalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #399
    Senior Member velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    epic
    Posts
    477

    Default

    to the op:
    because they actually do.
    YOU JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

    that's okay, your final conversion/unrealized self-realizations will be all the more sweet.

  10. #400
    Senior Member velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    epic
    Posts
    477

    Default

    your fighting/thrashing about only makes you more appealing.

Similar Threads

  1. Why people think that US has a government ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
  4. [NT] Why I think that the world as we know it is doomed.
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO