User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Why do you assume that NF pity NT?
    Because there are cases when they clearly do. I donk know how many times I have triggered this attitude in Fs by my approach to things. (here and real life)

Usually they say that they should not feel this way becuse I am satisfied with who I am. But there is something that makes them quite sad when it comes to me.

And something tells me that that they mean what they say.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Pity all you want, we know better.

(Very heavily loaded comment, teehee.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Because there are cases when they clearly do. I donk know how many times I have triggered this attitude in Fs by my approach to things. (here and real life)

Usually they say that they should not feel this way becuse I am satisfied with who I am. But there is something that makes them quite sad when it comes to me.

And something tells me that that they mean what they say.
    You are only one NT here out of many and you've named yourself Antisocial One and many of your posts are asking for advice about everyday social life, so you've sort of set that situation up that you're this misunderstood lone wolf type and need special understanding, help and sympathy and all that.

It still doesn't explain why the assumption that NF pity NT as a whole.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

so you've sort of set that situation up that you're this misunderstood lone wolf type and need special understanding and sympathy and all that.
    I understand that point of view, but it's a wrong assumption when it comes to NT's though. We don't need sympathy in that manner. Well, don't get me wrong, I love sympathy at times concerning happenings and events. But we don't need sympathy for who we are.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think she mean AO, not all NT's. AO has set themselves up as the lone wolf...

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I understand that point of view, but it's a wrong assumption when it comes to NT's though. We don't need sympathy in that manner. Well, don't get me wrong, I love sympathy at times concerning happenings and events. But we don't need sympathy for who we are.
    Yes, I understand this. But I am trying to help AO see how he triggers responses in others. Whether they are right or wrong does not matter, they will continue to do so. That's the way human nature and the world works. He's almost flawlessly playing into what someone else would see as a character who needs lots of sympathy.

And I understand how frustrating it could be. I am very quiet in offline life. People assume this means many things. They assume that I am weak, insecure, stupid, a pushover, cold-natured, bad attitude, don't care about others... etc. These assumptions trigger certain responses from them in kind. The most invasive is the person who is going to "fix" me and help me overcome all of this and somehow become ESTJ or something. Ha ha, never going to happen! But they still keep trying. People 20 years younger than me want to fix me.

I can wail all I want about how unfair it is, how they don't understand me, but the bottomline is in their way of seeing the world I am sending out messages that they take certain ways. And I have yet to meet a person who held thes assumptions who would actually listen to my explainations and take my word for who I am. We can do little about other's assumptions of us. People who are quick to make assumptions don't really want to hear any other way or they can't. I am not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think she mean AO, not all NT's. AO has set themselves up as the lone wolf...
    Yes, exactly.

You are only one NT here out of many and you've named yourself Antisocial One and many of your posts are asking for advice about everyday social life, so you've sort of set that situation up that you're this misunderstood lone wolf type and need special understanding, help and sympathy and all that.

It still doesn't explain why the assumption that NF pity NT as a whole.
    I was think you wil say that. But to be honest I think that this happens all the time. It is just that it is far more expressed in my case.
    Or I simply have the wrong picture about the word "pity"

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I was think you wil say that. But to be honest I think that this happens all the time. It is just that it is far more expressed in my case.
    Or I simply have the wrong picture about the word "pity"
    I am taking the word pity to mean that they feel you are too withdrawn, isolated from others and that it is their place to help you loosen up and open up? That they feel sad because they feel you are missing out on a vital part of life? Is this correct?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I don't necesserilly agree with Synarch's point about caring making us better at understanding (unless by caring he meant caring to understand, in which case, I'd point out that NTs care to understand stuff like physics [anecdotal example] etc too).

Take psychologists for instances. And there are a lot of NF ones. They don't care for the psycho murderers they treat (well I'm sure, like in anything else, there's an exception to the rule). But they are fascinated by those people's personalities and devote themselves to study them.

I wasn't actually saying something so much as genuinely asking you (and anybody else who is reading and cares to comment) - what, analogically speaking , are NFs inherently more proficient at, when compared to the NTs' ability to do logic?

Also I was implying that people people are called so because they know how to cater to people's interests because they have an easier time understanding them (compared to non people people).
    You're still doing that thing where you refuse to actually make a point. I can't really make it on your behalf.

I don't think many NTs have the first clue about logic. Just because they assign value to it doesn't mean they are all skilled logicians. And "people people" are interested in people, yes. And frequently know how to get people to do what they want, yes. Humans are pretty much susceptible to the same sort of tactics when it comes to ingratiating yourself so a broad understanding of human nature is implied. And an understanding of MBTI will give you a superficial understanding of NTs as a group. I don't think that's what the OP meant though. Although who really ever knows what he means....

I don't know what NFs are good at. What are you good at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I am taking the word pity to mean that they feel you are too withdrawn, isolated from others and that it is their place to help you loosen up and open up? That they feel sad because they feel you are missing out on a vital part of life? Is this correct?
    Yes but that is not all.

Sometimes I can really trigger " You know what? I trully feel sorry for you. "