User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I accidently set the shed in the garden on fire and then I mixed the water bottle with the turpentine bottle and the fire is now still burning for 8 hours.

So whats for dinner darling ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is it just possible that lots of NFs are interested in psychology and sociology? Since NF is "feeling centered" do they apply their analysis skills toward people (and politics) more so than to abstract, logic-based ideas like NTs? Could that be all that's really going on here?
    Well, nothing about these things tend to be as simple as that. For each individual there are most likely tons of factors that play a role in this.

But as a fundament I think you're basicly right. Sorta. Apart from the all part. There's most definatly more than just that going on.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Did anything in the threads you have created help you at all?
    Yes it did.

Just the very fact that someone got annoyed was insightful. Since my main social weakness is group dinamic. Average person would never see this as something insightful. But for me it was. Since it shows how far I can push without becoming rude.

A number of people got used to me over the years in real life but my ability to make a connection with a real stranger was quite undeveloped.

Basicly it all comes down to learning of social/type dinamic. Which I never knew too well. What is because I am alone through my entire life. I have simply came in a closed circle.

But this does not mean I will stop to post or that will never make another thread about feelings with time.
    However I think/know that my forum persona will be more real me from this point since I will cut this "clowning".

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ultimatly though A-one, a good friend is only a good friend if he accepts you for who you really are.

I'm not saying it's not good to adjust in order to socialize. But I also think it's important to be able to be yourself among friends. Very important in fact.

People tend to be very accepting, if they know you have no ill intentions, whatever you say or do. (As long as you don't abuse it at least.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well credit where credit is due. If you guys are proficient with logic and this is supposed to be a dichotomy...what can we do exactly, in your eyes?

All the "people" people are Fs are they not?
    I don't understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur
    Who idealizes NT's? Seriously?
    Pity, might have been a better term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

Pity, might have been a better term.
    Why do you assume that NF pity NT?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Since when did caring = understanding?

Sometimes caring gets in the way of understanding. I think if they didn't idealize us quite so much, they'd like us much less...
    It does for me quite often, actually. I stop short of doing the sort of things I'd need to do to people to understand them fully, because, being an F, I care how it would affect them.

I suppose I only like them because sometimes they seem to like me back and enjoy having me around, although I know I'm probably imagining it (or they're tricking me to examine my reaction). They're also fairly interesting to talk to about many subjects. Since I don't have many other friends, I'll make do. They're not perfect, but at least they're one step above imaginary friends and video game characters.

I only idealize their intelligence. The rest of their personality actually tends to seem rather broken, quirky, and prone to malfunction. I imagine this is how most types are outside their areas of strength, though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I look at NT's as other slightly crazy people.

I made friends with NT's before I knew anything about MBTI. I think one of my INTJ friends is awesome but I still know about his struggles that he doesn't show the world. A few other my other INTJ friends have visible struggles that they have worked through and are working through. What is there to idealize or misunderstand that isn't there in everyone?

NT's seem pretty straight forward, actually. I thought that was one of the things that was a source of pride for NTs. They try to say what they mean and mean what they say.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Why do you assume that NF pity NT?
    I was being self-deprecating. Or rather, I was deprecating NTs. (They likes it.)

Excuse me, I forgot I was in the NF forum and should have used one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I look at NT's as other slightly crazy people.
    Gotta love them people people skillz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't necesserilly agree with Synarch's point about caring making us better at understanding (unless by caring he meant caring to understand, in which case, I'd point out that NTs care to understand stuff like physics [anecdotal example] etc too).

Take psychologists for instances. And there are a lot of NF ones. They don't care for the psycho murderers they treat (well I'm sure, like in anything else, there's an exception to the rule). But they are fascinated by those people's personalities and devote themselves to study them.

I wasn't actually saying something so much as genuinely asking you (and anybody else who is reading and cares to comment) - what, analogically speaking , are NFs inherently more proficient at, when compared to the NTs' ability to do logic?

Also I was implying that people people are called so because they know how to cater to people's interests because they have an easier time understanding them (compared to non people people).