User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 504

  1. #351
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well you said some things before me so that means we are thinking similary here. Yes I am thinking about sitation like this.
    For example someone says to "My grandfather died last night". Ok you
    grandfather died I am sorry but I am wrong person if you want to have a cry fest in two.


    But this does not mean that I am talking only about this. This can be about positive stuff as well. Since impressing me is pretty much mission impossible.
    So I am one of those people that are standing in the background and roll eyes. I have stoped to celebrate my birthdays exactly because I did not get anything form them. I haven't celebrated my bithday for last 14 years and to be honest I am not bothered by this.

    When I was a kid I needed to read novels and poetry but I found it to be a quite a waste of time. Since iI could not relate to anything and I have rolled my eyes on pretty much everything that is "for the kids"


    I remember that at the first grade I made a lot of other kids cry by claiming that the entire Christmas-Santa-Presents thing is nothing but a phantasy/fraud.



    I am sorry but I am a Grinch.
    Well, a lot of people can relate to this, I think. They struggle with trying not to offend or frighten society, some on a mild scale and some on an extreme scale. You probably already know this.

    More than most factors, I think this affects people's reactions to you most strongly: The more your behavior deviates from expected and "normal" according to most of society, the more people will be unsure of how to react around you, unsure of how to deal with you, and perhaps even disturbed by you. That can be on the T/F scale, the S/N scale, the I/E scale, the J/P scale, or maybe outside of those altogether.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  2. #352
    Aspie Idealist TaylorS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why is it disturbing ? Ok the person got raped but getting depressed over this is stupid/pointless by my opinion. I am pretty sure that you could not control your feelings but that does not mean that your reaction is right thing to do. (Unless you are helping someone in need. )

    I mean this is pretty much lose/lose if you look at it carefully.
    I at least have lose/0 . If we presume that the ethic is the right way.



    On the other hand imagine the world where people like me don't exist.
    Imagine that someone gets raped and everybody start to freak out. What is not unusual scenario.
    In the case like that I am exactly the kind of person you need around since I am not efected by this. What means that I remain my head cool and I am see what is going on clearly. While others are freaking out. I was in the kindergarten when I have dicovered that I have this strength and in some sitautions it was quite useful personality trait to have.


    Maybe it is disturbing but I don't think that this is a bad trait if you take a look at the big picture.
    Being emotionally upset does not necessarily = freaking out. From my perspective feeling the pain of others is a powerful motivator, pulling me out of my introverted comfort zone. In this particular example it motivated me to volunteer at the local rape and abuse crisis center. I guess thats Fe at work, I can't NOT be emotional in such situations, it seems... inhuman.
    Autistic INFP


  3. #353
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    I think many NF's have a better time understanding NT's than the converse as they are naturally more people oriented, ie. they care enough to try to understand.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #354
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

    ^^Lmao. You might just be craxy enough to understand us!

    AO, What are you seeking? Validation that you're not a bad person?

    You seem quite anxious about this whole topic. Why is that?

    Does it bother you that people think you are weird?


    Actually I am wondering why I don't care in most cases. But since all of my thinking about this is coming out on this forum I can clearly see why someone would think I have a problem with this.
    Actually my self confidance is quite high probably even too high.
    What mean means that I am not bothered by opinions of others in real life in most cases. So what got my attention is that I am not bothered by idea that I am not a good person.

    But this is a subject of some other threads of mine.



    In a way I have lived so isolationistic life until a few months ago that I am not even fully aware of where I belong socially.
    The reason why am opening so many threads is exactly because I am trying to understand where I actually am.
    This is why many members can have a feeling that I am hidding something and that is why I once a month say in some what I am doing here.
    There are even cases when I am like
    "Hmm....what will happen if I type this?" and I type it just for the sake of curiosity. But I try not to do this to often.



    Also I said a few pages back that I am thinking about stoping.
    Because I am technically done. Since I am making some progress in real life. Which is exactly because I am not actually a bad person.




    I think that I am coming as way too serious about this kinds of things.
    That is why I said a few post back that this a chit chat for me.

  5. #355
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Did anything in the threads you have created help you at all?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #356
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think that I am coming as way too serious about this kinds of things.
    That is why I said a few post back that this a chit chat for me.
    Hmm, I find your posts quite intruiging and you not typically asocial at all or anything.

    Besides, who in this world expects that everyone understands their point of view in every debate? (lolz, every non-NT? )

    The whole process of debate is to develop yourself further. And in such debates sometimes views may seem erratic or even extremist. But it's usually clear when it is used to seek new pieces of information rather than asocial behaviour.

    I enjoy this method of debating. Cutting points and pieces of information that stir up a debate from which you can pick key pieces of information into forming a final conclusion.

    When it comes to life, the final conclusion is your point of view when you die. All the time leading up to that point is gathering info, brainstorming and healthy amounts of debating.

    (I honestly don't know why many people in this thread miss that point. )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  7. #357
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think many NF's have a better time understanding NT's than the converse as they are naturally more people oriented, ie. they care enough to try to understand.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

    My NF friends go through great lengths to understand my point of view, and I love explaining it to them. They seem to harbour a lot of patience and understanding when it comes to other people.

    And because of that they can really learn to understand us. Everyone else could too, but they just don't bother.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #358
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Great! This thread should be about me.

    Why? Because ......
    I think I'm in some kind of forum love. Best post!

  9. #359
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.

    My NF friends go through great lengths to understand my point of view, and I love explaining it to them. They seem to harbour a lot of patience and understanding when it comes to other people.

    And because of that they can really learn to understand us. Everyone else could too, but they just don't bother.
    Well, I think sometimes we NT's need to acknowledge the value of the NF viewpoint.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #360
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hmm, I find your posts quite intruiging and you not typically asocial at all or anything.

    Besides, who in this world expects that everyone understands their point of view in every debate? (lolz, every non-NT? )

    The whole process of debate is to develop yourself further. And in such debates sometimes views may seem erratic or even extremist. But it's usually clear when it is used to seek new pieces of information rather than asocial behaviour.

    I enjoy this method of debating. Cutting points and pieces of information that stir up a debate from which you can pick key pieces of information into forming a final conclusion.

    When it comes to life, the final conclusion is your point of view when you die. All the time leading up to that point is gathering info, brainstorming and healthy amounts of debating.

    (I honestly don't know why many people in this thread miss that point. )

    I don't think it was missed at all. People gave their views and thoughts. Except that some of the NT didn't like the way that some of the NF communicated their side. They wanted to dictate the way that some of the NF communicated. It is like saying "Give me an answer but only deliever it in the way I want to hear it."

    Trinity gave a really good and plausible explaination of this effect some where on the board, but I forget where.

Similar Threads

  1. Why people think that US has a government ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
  4. [NT] Why I think that the world as we know it is doomed.
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO