User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Until you kill all of their family with a chainsaw!!

Jk

I know it is a joke but I have the tendency to trigger this whetever it is a joke or not. So I am wondering what is going on in peoples heads.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know it is a joke but I have the tendency to trigger this whetever it is a joke or not. So I am wondering what is going on in peoples heads.
    Nothing, man. Not in mine. You're not as rare a person as you might think. I know people "like you", cold and calculated.

I'll admit that I do think those people would gain a lot by balancing that out with some emotional perspective but what do I know? You are who you are.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think people tend to relate INTP/INTJ to sociopathic behaviour (mostly in jest ofcourse). Even though the two have little to do with one and other. But first appearances seem to have similarities to the average uninformed person.

I sometimes have the same effect on people. Like people saying "You're not going to kill me or something right?".

I can laugh about it mostly. It doesn't bother me. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Nothing, man. Not in mine. You're not as rare a person as you might think. I know people "like you", cold and calculated.

I'll admit that I do think those people would gain a lot by balancing that out with some emotional perspective but what do I know? You are who you are.
    That is true. But I am not just cold and calculated.

Here is one old post of mine.

For example I think a lot, sometimes even longer that 8h in one piece and I do it usually after sun set or in darkened room.
    Usually that thinking is about complex scientific and philosophical topics.
    But when I do this I prefer to do it in darkness to prevent senses from slowing and destroying the process.

But catch is that somebody with time will enter the room. First they take a look in that dark room and then turn the light on. But only then they realize that someone is in the room and that someone is me giving them penetrating look which appeared out of nowhere for them. Because of this they can get a panic attack and they need about 30 seconds to calm down.
    If I try to say something before they turn lights on the result will be the same because voice out of that darkness will scare them

Also what is confusing them is that I enjoy eating alone in atmosphere where you can barely see plate and fork. Sometimes if I have to eat in the light I just take my meal and eat it somewhere in the dark.
    Probably most people are too S to understand this.

But generally all people dislike my ability to appear out of nowhere and they think that it is sick and totally creepy. Paranoid people have problem with this especially.

I remember that few years ago I scared one woman to death by accident.
    I would say she was about 30 and probably some kind of an NF.

It was Christmas and it was night, somewhere around 8.00 PM and I was visiting grandfathers grave at local graveyard. When I was done I realized that weak moonlight and candles on some graves are creating wonderful atmosphere in this labyrinth graveyard so I decided to wonder around.
    That was not my first time to do something like this.

Later I set my course towards the exit. But I ran into the probably only person on entire graveyard except me - women who is visiting grave.

I walk really fast (like other INTJs) plus graveyard is like labyrinth so from her perspective I appeared out of nowhere.
    When she realized that she is not alone she freaked out and run away screaming.

Entire thing happened near exit so I run into her again when she was catching her breath beneath the street lamp. She said to me “Damn it man you scared the crap out of me and when you did not start to run after me it was such a relief - LOL”

After that we went separate ways.

Personally I really like to spend time alone in dark places.
    It is the best atmosphere for abstract thinking and I somehow feel at home when I am in dark and quiet place.
    Many people because of this say to me that I am total lunatic for doing this and living like this but to me this is one of the key parts of my personality and foundation of my success in life.

What I want to say is, if you have problem with people like me why do you have it?
    This is not a joke.

I know, I should adapt to some social standards.
    But I know that has almost nothing to do with NFs but people in general.
    Actually, NFs have the chance understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think people tend to relate INTP/INTJ to sociopathic behaviour (mostly in jest ofcourse). Even though the two have little to do with one and other. But first appearances seem to have similarities to the average uninformed person.

I sometimes have the same effect on people. Like people saying "You're not going to kill me or something right?".

I can laugh about it mostly. It doesn't bother me. :P

I know exactly what you mean.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

That long quote of yourself, I do that more often than most people like. Most people can completely miss that I am an F because of this.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

It happened that a person was telling me how his female friend almost got raped last night. But that that did not trigger an emotional response from my side.
    Well, that certainly proves that I'm no TJ. When my friend was raped I was so worked up emotionally that I was physically sick.

And your lack of emotional response is extremely disturbing...
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    intp

Usually very little. Hence the rush to judgment.

On a few occasions, I've had feeler types brand me incarnate-evil-to-be-avoided just because I found something in a movie to be funny that they thought was horrible. In turn, I find myself having little regard for their powers of analysis, and then chuckle to myself when they start very nasty little skirmishes with people - of the sort I'd have to consider myself very silly to engage in. In general, these sorts of feelers (not all) seem to take a whole lot seriously and personally and are willing to make grand, false assessments based on precious little. They don't get it, but they're sure they do.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Well, that certainly proves that I'm no TJ. When my friend was raped I was so worked up emotionally that I was physically sick.

Not necessarily....It's a pretty intense piece of information. I know I wouldn't neccesarily react at the time, that said and done, I'd mulling over it, and would probably react quite intensely in private.
    My depth of feeling would more likely be shown in more practical measures.(like driving them to the police station, making sure they felt safe, that sort of thing) I can't count how many times friends have screamed at me for not reacting to things straight away....
    Not that I'm defending AO, but lack of reaction doesn't equal heartless bastard.
    Some bad things you hear about people kinda leave me scratching my head too- I'm mean what are you suppose to do with that (or do about it). It's not that I don't feel bad...but I can't do anything about it either.

And in talking about this, I suddenly think I understand the OP.
    AO, do you mean like situations as above?
    I may come across like I understand where you (as in NT) are coming from, but I don't really....it's more I identify with the situation.
    We're not coming from the same place, but the reaction is similar.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    That long quote of yourself, I do that more often than most people like. Most people can completely miss that I am an F because of this.
    Would you care to explain this claim in more detail ?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post

Why is it disturbing ? Ok the person got raped but getting depressed over this is stupid/pointless by my opinion. I am pretty sure that you could not control your feelings but that does not mean that your reaction is right thing to do. (Unless you are helping someone in need. )

I mean this is pretty much lose/lose if you look at it carefully.
    I at least have lose/0 . If we presume that the ethic is the right way.

On the other hand imagine the world where people like me don't exist.
    Imagine that someone gets raped and everybody start to freak out. What is not unusual scenario.
    In the case like that I am exactly the kind of person you need around since I am not efected by this. What means that I remain my head cool and I am see what is going on clearly. While others are freaking out. I was in the kindergarten when I have dicovered that I have this strength and in some sitautions it was quite useful personality trait to have.

Maybe it is disturbing but I don't think that this is a bad trait if you take a look at the big picture.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^True. One needs people who are calm under pressure. But being empathic doesn't require one to run around like a headless chicken. Can you imagine a world without empathy? Maybe that will answer your question about why it horrifies people. Empathy acts as a restraint against our lower impulses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.