User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    First I want to thank everybody for reminding me why I don't socialize more often.

Also I must say that most of you are acting like children in this thread. If you want to lead your private little wars you have visitor massage and PMs and I mean it.
    get over yourself dude.

Since I am the only NTJ around I will try to make something out of this thread.

Ok, I will make a new start.
    But this time I will make more concrete qestions what should help preventing things from turning into useless arguing.

I am wondering if NF can sense a deficit of empathy in other people even if it is not really obvious. Or do you just have hunches that are sometimes right and sometimes wrong? Do you feel intimidated in te presence of that person even if everything works fine in the communication ?

Feel free to use your experiances.
    i don't probe people for a lack of empathy but i do feel like i can pick up on someone's emotional state. even in an unemotional person i can sense frustration with them trying to get their point across or excitement about what they're saying or confidence or lack of in their point or their curiosity about rather i'm understanding them. i don't know what that is...but i do feel like it's usually pretty right...but no...i don't think i know what exactly they are thinking just how they feel about it and no i don't feel intimidated by te presence i feel frustrated conversing with someone with a closed mind who won't listen to another perspective...but not intimidation...no.

and i don't care who is right or wrong...it's just about communicating both points and it's tricky when you're coming from a different place and i don't think it's common for anyone to truly understand another and i don't believe being able to is type related. it's just about communication.

and i'm sorry, if that's not really relevant. just read a few posts in addition to tis one and the op.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'm glad to have shown you the error of your ways, madam! *smacks ruler with dinosaur holograms on desk* *pieces go flying* [dramatic air of gravitas]

[eats Amy with some tasty mustard]

Yes, agree. I think there's an issue that the thinker profile might draw some people who lack empathy to label themselves as thinker, but that doesn't mean that they are necessarily all that in their logic nor that thinkers as a whole lack empathy. Socialized psychopathy does not necessarily equate with thinker.
    Good point. That's a major distinction - being "cold/remote/affective" emotionally does NOT mean one is logic-based or even particularly intelligent when held against the general background noise of abnormal IQ test takers coloring in their little ABCD circles. Take one of your favorites, Heart... Saint-John from "Jane Eyre". Is he not Fe but completely disconnected from his emotions?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Good point. That's a major distinction - being "cold/remote/affective" emotionally does NOT mean one is logic-based or even particularly intelligent when held against the general background noise of abnormal IQ test takers coloring in their little ABCD circles. Take one of your favorites, Heart... Saint-John from "Jane Eyre". Is he not Fe but completely disconnected from his emotions?
    That's a great example. And who has greater depth of empathy for the suffering of other souls than Te Edward Rochester ? Even for the animalistic wife who has caused him so much pain.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*covers herself in the strong kind of mustard*
    *readies a pitcher of water*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That's a great example. And who has greater depth of empathy for the suffering of other souls than Te Edward Rochester ? Even for the animalistic wife who has caused him so much pain.
    Indeed! Edward was actually way more emotionally aware (i.e. cued into Jane's feelings, understanding of his own wants) and compassionate (i.e. not wanting his lunatic wife to be injurious to herself or others, not casting her out of the house dishonorably) than someone, a near robot, like Saint-John who I have been swayed to believing is INFJ. His zeal wasn't available to humans, just God, just cosmic unattainable ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    *covers herself in the strong kind of mustard*
    *readies a pitcher of water*
    I love this thread! It has everything!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I'm moving to Croatia! I like the sound of your hospitality!

This topic was useful after all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Indeed - some NT's believe their because their assumptions are based on logic, they are no longer assumptions somehow; they have evolved into factual statements.
    I have noticed a tendency of NTs rationalizing repressed irrational sentiment into objective-sounding pabulum.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I am wondering if NF can sense a deficit of empathy in other people even if it is not really obvious. Or do you just have hunches that are sometimes right and sometimes wrong? Do you feel intimidated in te presence of that person even if everything works fine in the communication ?

Feel free to use your experiances.
    I run into this every day at work, I'm constantly reminding a high-functioning autistic ISTJ co-worker to think about the feeling of others. Of course I have Asperger's as well so I guess that makes it easier to get into his head...
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I have waited for replies so I guess that it is time to explain some things.

I think that I am quite likely to come as a sociopath or something similar.
    Usually this comes form Fs.
    Which is because I am quite cold and calculated. Often I just hide how much I calculate since many people find it creepy. Especially since I can just analyse sitation and emotion in the sitations and treat peoples emotions just as varibles in my plans. Even if I suck at deeper understanding of them.

It happened that a person was telling me how his female friend almost got raped last night. But that that did not trigger an emotional response from my side. I mean this kind of things can make me quite socially awkward.
    But all of this does not mean that I think that the person should have been raped.

Also have even noticed that people which are beging money have the tendency to just skip me and continue with the person behind me. What suggest that I don't give too good vibes.
    I wonder if other INTJs have noticed something like this.

But I know what I am going to during the next 6 months since I always have some kind of a plan or goal. I know that sociopaths are not much of a planners but people see links none the less.
    I don't have OCD I am just unspontaneous.

Opinions ?

This entire "I am becoming more social" can actually be described as a victory of my Te over my schizoid nature. Since Te can't be channeled properly anymore with so much introversion going around.

So however you turn it I have a deficit of fluffyness.
    On the other hand all of this is exactly why people find me interesting.

MBTI
    ISFJ

On the other hand all of this is exactly why people find me interesting.

Until you kill all of their family with a chainsaw!!

Jk