User Tag List

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 504

Thread: Why NFs think that they understand NTs ?

  1. #281
    thankful Array PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    But... but I only assumed you were assigning it that value, because you having that value was the only reason I could think of for making the comment you did. I don't actually have that value. I just thought you did.
    Hence the assumptions that were made.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, if they're not my values, and they're not your values, whose are they? Great, I guess we both read incorrect motivations into one another. The NTs are right. We're all stupid.
    Don't over-analyze it; everyone has values even if they claim not to or that they are purely objective in every situation!

    And no, we're not all "stupid" - my heavens, why would you say that? Why does everyone assign NT with some kind of premium logical capability, or dare I say, premium intelligence?

    At any rate, I am moving on - hope this thread gets tired soon and heads to la-la land.

    Hugs to you all!

  2. #282
    half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm sorry, Jeno, I'm going to use you as an example here

    This was an answer to me explaining how things work for me. She concluded that therefore, since she was not the same way, it therefore was potentially wrong in my eyes. Granted, afterwards, she said she was just curious. She did however reason/deduct from my statement that it was possible that therefore she according to me maybe couldn't connect with others. Which was hardly what I meant.
    No, it was a question. How you got from me exploring a concept to me making a statement is beyond me. And the "granted" part seems as if you are making a little deduction of your own... Is it because I put myself in the question? I did that because I was trying on your position from my own point of view. I'm still very amazed that you came to the conclusion that I came to any conclusion. You know what? no more questions. Game over - I've learned my lesson.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's a really bad example, if you are trying to make a point. She asked you a question and thereby gave you the means of providing clarification.

  3. #283
    Proud Otherkin Snowflake Array Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None
    Posts
    14,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    No, it was a question. How you got from me exploring a concept to me making a statement is beyond me. And the "granted" part seems as if you are making a little deduction of your own... Is it because I put myself in the question? I did that because I was trying on your position from my own point of view. I'm still very amazed that you came to the conclusion that I came to any conclusion. You know what? no more questions. Game over - I've learned my lesson.





    Jeno, I realized at the time that this was actually put in a question form, and was probably meant as such. I was merely referring to the style in which the questions were poured. Maybe I should've picked another example, I dunno. I'll see if I can dig up another, more clear example of what I meant, coz clearly, somehow something gets lost in communication. I've had the same happen the other way around though, where I ask the person if this is what they're feeling, and if so, if it could be because of this and this and this, and they automatically assume that I'm assigning them feelings they then apparenlty not have. And that was in fact my entire point. Could perhaps the format in which we put things or something else still, be triggering the defensive response on both sides?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

  4. #284
    Magical Array BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    The way I've avoided assuming is to go figure that people mean what they say unless it's very obvious that they don't. This prevents a lot of confusion. If you over analyze something and there isn't anything more there, then you will cause problems for yourself. I can't count how many times something has been taken out of context that I post or say, and someone jumps to a conclusion that doesn't exist.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

    RCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #285
    Proud Otherkin Snowflake Array Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    4dw sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None
    Posts
    14,022

    Default

    +1
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

  6. #286
    Senior Member Array Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Of course that may be true. No one is saying that MBTI is the be all and end all of personality crap, so I didn't bother to add the disclaimer. But if we didn't buy into at least some parts of it, then why are we all here?

    But MBTI doesn't say anything about NT/NF conflict per se. In fact, depending on your source, NFs and NTs are considered "perfect matches" for each other.

    I do buy into the "some people use more logic, some people use more feeling". I do not, however, buy into this rivalry myth that seems to be preached every now and then, always between the lines, around here.

    I'm being vague I guess but yeah, just saying that some of it seems too forced. I can understand AO being an extreme T case. But most aren't. There's nothing complicated about T + F, people just like to justify their inability to understand the other side sometimes it seems.

    This comment isn't aimed at you btw. Just throwing it out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    It could be safe to say that we are a lot more honest here than irl. People may be just grinning and bearing it. Others, like me, may not be aware of how they are coming off to more sensitive people. Discussions like this may seem pointless, accusatory or redundant to those who have seen them before, but for people who are new to this, it could be helpful. It was for me, at least.
    That's just it. As someone who always speaks his mind, I can't relate to that part at all. And that's where I was getting at with my initial comment (and again not aimed at your posts in particular) - it seems people think most Fs have something against Ts and that most Ts have something against Fs, deep down inside...or something...

    I don't, so this kind of topic and this insistence on F/T rivalry makes no real sense to me.


    Hope I made some sense.

  7. #287
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    it seems people think most Fs have something against Ts and that most Ts have something against Fs, deep down inside...or something...

    Hope I made some sense.
    Not reallly, no.

    I didn't realize just how prevalent the making assumptions thing was until this thread. Now I'm seeing it everywhere....

    Thanks, AO. I think this was useful, even if others didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #288
    Senior Thread Terminator Array Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Okay, I just sifted through all 29 pages of this thread, and honestly, this is what I keep seeing:

    NF: (gives opinion to question stated in the OP)
    NT: Hey, look, you're doing it right there! Point proved.
    NF: Actually, I was merely attempting to answer the question. You're the one who's making a big deal out of things.
    NT: Actually, I was making a refutation based on logic. It's so NF of you to assume I was getting emotionally involved.
    NF: Okay, no. While I usually never assume anything of the sort, you were definitely getting emotionally involved there.
    NT: Oh my god, you're doing it again.
    NF: No, you're the one who's still assigning meaning to it.
    NT: No, you are!
    NF: No, you are!
    NT: No, you are!
    NF: No, you are!

    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

  9. #289
    In Full Flight Array Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    [...]
    +infinity
    ~Life in a cappella~

  10. #290
    meh Array Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.
    Saying it three times doesn't make it any truer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
  3. [NT] Why I think that the world as we know it is doomed.
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM
  4. Why do you think that you are misunderstood ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO