User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 504

  1. #271
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i wish i could join the discussion but damn 27 pages.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #272
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    I know - it's an eye-glazer!

  3. #273
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i wish i could join the discussion but damn 27 pages.
    Don't worry, the discussion kinda turned out to be rather pointless due to communication problems, despite the OP being promising. You didn't miss much.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #274
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Sorry bluemonday, you've just made an inaccurate assumption about the intention of my post.



    We NF's tend to accept AS-one's initial post as a genuine desire to understand, yet I am postulating an alternate hypothesis simply in the interest of shaking the tree, exposing the fact that there are likely other factors at play than a "desire to understand". I am not buying that anymore; these continual threads revolving on the topic are just provocative, and I am not seeing any evolution in AS-one's understanding.

    My gentle advice to NF's: just don't take the bait. AS-one, you need to get out in the real world rather than the forum to better understand the dynamics you claim to seek.

    I wish you every success in this endeavor.
    Well,if you must know I am thinking about stoping.
    I have bombarded the topic from all side and got pretty much everything I could and things are starting to run in circles. Plus there is a way too much "politics" in this at the moment.

    I know that a few months I have said that I will stop.
    But I have made some changes in topic and continued further.
    Before it was more about me, now it is more about others.

  5. #275
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Yes you are generalizing. Then why do it?
    Because I'm an N and I prefer focusing on overall patterns rather than details?

    I made no implicit moral judgement at all. You are assigning it a moral value.
    That might be valid. You might have just been making fun of him or making a random observation because you perceived that to be his motivation, rather than seriously judging him.
    And yes, it is disingenuous to ask one question with no real interest in the answer. It is difficult to believe in the purity of the post when it goes on and on with no real purpose anymore asking the same questions over and over ad nauseum.
    Way to completely miss the point. :rolli: In one breath you say I (not you) assigned it a moral value, and in the next you confirm using the value you just denied judging things according to?

  6. #276
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well,if you must know I am thinking about stoping.
    ...
    Before it was more about me, now it is more about others.
    Let's all go out and get ice-cream now.

  7. #277
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    In one breath you say I assigned it a moral value, and in the next you confirm using the value you just denied judging things according to?
    I assigned it the value you did in order to validate your moral compass.

    You assigned it a value so I interpreted accordingly.

    (Quit editing your posts LOL; I just posted three answers to this and have to amend them based on your amendments.)

  8. #278
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Okay, I'm going to go ahead and guess that NTs and their (nonexistent) emotions are kind of like pregnant women.

    You never ask the woman anything about being pregnant UNLESS they 1) tell you, or 2) proving it right in front of you, and in the case of #2 they probably won't be giving you much else than screaming, anyway.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #279
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I assigned it the value you did in order to validate your moral compass.
    But... but I only assumed you were assigning it that value, because you having that value was the only reason I could think of for making the comment you did. I don't actually have that value. I just thought you did.
    You assigned it a value so I interpreted accordingly.
    Well, if they're not my values, and they're not your values, whose are they? Great, I guess we both read incorrect motivations into one another. The NTs are right. We're all stupid.

  10. #280
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Okay, I'm going to go ahead and guess that NTs and their (nonexistent) emotions are kind of like pregnant women.

    You never ask the woman anything about being pregnant UNLESS they 1) tell you, or 2) proving it right in front of you, and in the case of #2 they probably won't be giving you much else than screaming, anyway.


    Oh, that's awesome.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. Why people think that US has a government ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
  4. [NT] Why I think that the world as we know it is doomed.
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO