User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

And in the interest of concisely answering the OP, if indeed it is based on sincerity:

I have had a few close relationships with NT's over the years. I do not claim to know what is bothering an NT, but I can usually tell there is something internally amiss even if they do not yet perceive it themselves. But I can't claim to know WHAT that something is, so in an effort to dig deeper, I sometimes try to put myself in their shoes to see what that could be. This effort would yield an accuracy of perhaps 50-70%, depending on the relationship and on how well I know them.

I am interested in an NT's "thinking side" but they are often dismissive of feelings so this can be off-putting and a barrier to closeness.

In some NT's I have sensed depth yet upon probing found none, or alternatively, none was chosen to be revealed to me. So I have learned to be judicious with assumptions in this regard.

Hope that helps you.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    LOL @ the NFPs making assumptions about motivations, rather than answering the frigging question!

Prosecution rests.
    so now you're labeled NFP for making remarks towards certain member's curiosity? excellent argument, daddy-o. :rolli:

i can't answer this question, because i consider myself just as much NT as i do NF.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Sigh, I know you don't like me dear, but can you try to look passed that and maybe take a look at what I'm trying to say, instead of getting bogged down in details and what not. I doubt that with your intelligence you're really not getting what I'm trying to say, however flawed my English is in your opinion.. Maybe you and your NT-logic can help me fill in the gaps you so seem to get hung up on. Ya know, put your personal feelings for me aside and help each other out for a change, in order to get somewhere with this topic?

Otherwise, I might have to assume that maybe you enjoy complaining about this supposed flaw in NFs, instead of trying to actually get beyond that and find a solution. And then there's no point in further discussing this, at least imo.
    Ha! Classic. I attack your weak reasoning and inability to communicate what you mean and you have to pull out the "sigh, poor little defenceless me, blue doesn't like me" card. Kinda pathetic. Don't engage if you don't want to be challenged and stop trying to make everything personal.

And, just how many assumptions can you squeeze into one post? Impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok so you're not interested in actually discussing the OP and getting somewhere. Figured as much but it's good to know.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Sorry bluemonday, you've just made an inaccurate assumption about the intention of my post.
    I made no assumption.
    It's the intellectual dishonesty that really sticks in my throat. You can't even see what you are doing when you are doing it. So instead you employ projection. It's hopeless.
    Well, it's not entirely hopeless. But it requires a fuck-load of humility. And most of you just don't have that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ok so you're not interested in actually discussing the OP and getting somewhere. Figured as much but it's good to know.
    False assumption. I've contributed a good deal to the discussion. Take your head out of your rear.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

LOL @ the NFPs making assumptions about motivations, rather than answering the frigging question!

Prosecution rests.
    They do that all the time. It's so embarrassing. They tend to see and judge everything in terms of purity of motivation.

The worst part about it is that they made an implicit moral judgment about how it's acceptable to collect information that other people might not share. Even if he is doing that, it doesn't hurt anyone.

This is why the NTs always win. I tell you, they're holding us back.

(Yes, I'm generalizing very, very badly. The nature of type tends to require that.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I made no assumption.
    It's the intellectual dishonesty that really sticks in my throat. You can't even see what you are doing when you are doing it. So instead you employ projection. It's hopeless.
    Well, it's not entirely hopeless. But it requires a fuck-load of humility. And most of you just don't have that.
    How vitriolic. Who's emotional now?

Can you not express yourself without descending to name-calling? I have projected nothing on to you and only proposed an alternative hypothesis to get people thinking around here. Why everyone gets sucked into these pedantic diatribes instead of just remaining rational is unclear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    They do that all the time. It's so embarrassing. They tend to see and judge everything in terms of purity of motivation.

The worst part about it is that they made an implicit moral judgment about how it's acceptable to collect information that other people might not share. Even if he is doing that, it doesn't hurt anyone.

This is why the NTs always win. I tell you, they're holding us back.

(Yes, I'm generalizing very, very badly. The nature of type tends to require that.)
    Yes you are generalizing. Then why do it?

I made no implicit moral judgement at all. You are assigning it a moral value.

And yes, it is disingenuous to ask one question with no real interest in the answer. It is difficult to believe in the purity of the post when it goes on and on with no real purpose anymore asking the same questions over and over ad nauseum.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

I made no assumption.
    assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.

really, stop being a hypocrite.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes