User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I don't think I always understand NTs, nor do I always understand NFs or any other type. But in the case of NTs, there is a certain directness and logic that is more common than among most other types, so if you can follow their logic, you can often see what is motivating them and (in the case of conversation) you can pick up on vocal tone to get an even better idea of what parts of an argement are important to them. The same could be said of any other type, but since NTs (and some STs) are more logical, it applies more to them than those that are opperating on feeling (or an emotional logic).

It may be more accuracte to say I appear to undestand the facade that a lot of NTs use, but it may be a false understanding if there are undetectable emotions at work underneath the impersonal logic. I don't think its easy to emotioanly read an NT, but it may be easier to notice in a more gneric sense when something is "not right" with one and to followup and see if they are willing to talk about it (and if there is resistance to talking about it, then I'm not any better at coaxing them to open up or understand them than anyone else).

In the case of INTJs, Fi is your tertiery function, so you actualy have a lot more in common with NFPs that is operating at a subconscious level that you may or may not be aware of. To a lesser extent there is also a share Te bond in NFPs and INTJs.

NTPs and NFJs share Fe and Ti, but I don't know if they notice any shared commanality because of it or not (thats somethign for NTPs and NFJs to comment on )

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    NTPs and NFJs share Fe and Ti, but I don't know if they notice any shared commanality because of it or not (thats somethign for NTPs and NFJs to comment on )
    Well, since the other part of the discussion has died down, I will go ahead and comment on this. Although my INFJ friend and I are starkly different in many regards because of my TiNe and her NiFe, I do think that we sometimes have similar reactions due to Fe. For instance, when we are in class and someone is expected to speak (but no one is speaking), we both feel the tension and awkwardness that results. Of course, she takes it one step further by taking it upon herself to fill in the silence, whereas I feel no such need, though I may recognize that the silence is awkward.

I say that this is unique to her as an INFJ and me as an INTP because, when discussing the issue with our INTJ friend, she claimed that she honestly didn't feel anything of the sort.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This might sound like a random question, but which of the following statements has the greater potential to be an insult on these online forums? Both are plausible as neutral statements, but which one makes the better insult in a flaming situation?

To tell an F labeled poster that "you sound like a T. The way you post makes me think you are a Thinker."

Or to tell a T labeled poster, "you sound like an F. Your post makes me think you are an Feeler".

An example in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ...You seem very close minded and frustrated with NFs. I think back on another thread where people were surmising that you aren't actually an NT at all. It puts an interesting spin on your threads.
    I didn't take any offense at Antisocial One's OP. It was rather mild compared to what I've often read about Feelers. I do want to say one thing in reaction to the statements about NFs taking everything too personally. While there can easily be an element of that (can't claim to know the motivations), there is also an underlying power imbalance between Ts and Fs, which might be fading by this point, but that has been present on online forums. Having posted on these forums from before the creation of this one and understanding the reason for the creation of this forum, I can make a more detailed case if necessary, but don't see the point. I just say as a reminder for those who understand it that there can be more to a reaction of defensiveness than merely personalizing.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    This might sound like a random question, but which of the following statements has the greater potential to be an insult on these online forums? Both are plausible as neutral statements, but which one makes the better insult in a flaming situation?

To tell an F labeled poster that "you sound like a T. The way you post makes me think you are a Thinker."

Or to tell a T labeled poster, "you sound like an F. Your post makes me think you are an Feeler".

An example in this thread

I didn't take any offense at Antisocial One's OP. It was rather mild compared to what I've often read about Feelers. I do want to say one thing in reaction to the statements about NFs taking everything too personally. While there can easily be an element of that (can't claim to know the motivations), there is also an underlying power imbalance between Ts and Fs, which might be fading by this point, but that has been present on online forums. Having posted on these forums from before the creation of this one and understanding the reason for the creation of this forum, I can make a more detailed case if necessary, but don't see the point. I just say as a reminder for those who understand it that there can be more to a reaction of defensiveness than merely personalizing.
    f's seem to have a harder time dealing with criticism, and tend to be more likely to take things personally, but i think t's would be the more offended ones to be told they think like an f. it almost makes me grin to think about it. sounds fun. taking an nt down a notch.........j/k
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't understand you at all. You say first that you post in a way meant to provoke because you want to see the reactions. Then you say "hey conflict is not so bad" then you tell the NF who are giving you the reactions you claimed to be seeking that they need to stop taking you seriously.

If I stop taking you seriously, I'll either ignore you or poke fun at you. Which would you prefer?
    I think he means he wants to be taken seriously, but not that literally. As his intentions are not as ill-conceived as they may appear. :P

And I agree with Asocial One on the fact that NT's enjoy heated discussions when they are filled with good arguementation. Not for the sake of conflict, but for the sake of interest. I do realize that at times NT's appear to be very blunt in that regard towards NF's. And although I try to psycho-analyze every poster involved in an arguementation as to prevent arguementations from going out of hand. The result of such analysis are often misconceptions and result in misinterpretation anyway.

But NF's are cute to handle, so we keep trying.

o/
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't understand you at all. You say first that you post in a way meant to provoke because you want to see the reactions. Then you say "hey conflict is not so bad" then you tell the NF who are giving you the reactions you claimed to be seeking that they need to stop taking you seriously.

If I stop taking you seriously, I'll either ignore you or poke fun at you. Which would you prefer?
    His point is not difficult to understand: he wants to be provocative but not antagonistic. That is, he wants to provoke thoughtful discussion but not a flame war. Conflicting opinions=good. Conflicting egos=waste of energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It may be a superficial post but.

Understanding feelings is understanding thinking.
    In the words a bad teacher, you fail . Feeling and thinking are only partially related. Feeling is irrational and can change instantly. THinking requires build up thought then a logical course. I could explain more, as I shall when I get home from school.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^You also fail. Feeling and Thinking are both rational functions. Look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Per definition of rational yes.

But both are based on entirely seperate fundaments, which may clash in terms of rationality when comparing one to the other in any given situation.

But that goes both ways and is entirely subjective.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I want to be clear this does not refer to this thread or the OP, because I agree with those who see it as a way to explore an actual question. In other contexts when someone does have prejudicial contempt for something you are, it is a useful little trick to draw them out by poking them with a stick and accusing them of being who you are labeled to be. This isn't projection, and you insult yourself by doing it, but when you are in a position of little social power or influence, it is a way to regain a little power and bring that contempt to the surface so it no longer functions as an underlying assumption. When you see people doing this, it is likely they are in the position of less power. I've done it once with someone who actually did appear to have strongly prejudicial contempt for Feelers. I usually avoid the emotional stuff on forums, but that was just too rich a temptation and I was properly amused by the response. /confession time.
    not sure. sorta confused with the wording. but did i just get made an example of, and taken down a notch? or were you appreciating that i answered your question in an honest fashion?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com