First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think all Ps tend to avoid conflict, because they're very unsure of themselves on some level, and don't want to have to justify their reasoning or values to other people, so that they can comfortably hold on to them no matter what.
    Um, no.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

FWIW, I don't think he's right (about the fear of judgment). I think it's probably closer to fear of rejection - perhaps that is what he meant.
    You are right, my thinking goes more in that direction but for me this is pretty much the same thing. Since judgement is the beginning of rejection.
    So when we start to play our game they strat to think that the have stoped to like them.

I don't think FPs are afraid of being judged at all. They'll cling to their values no matter what other people feel about them, and then pretend to be open-minded by simply avoiding the issue.

I think all Ps tend to avoid conflict, because they're very unsure of themselves on some level, and don't want to have to justify their reasoning or values to other people, so that they can comfortably hold on to them no matter what.

I've seen this in all types of IPs, although only a few are extreme about it. Most of them are actually fairly reasonable, though.
    You are right that Ps are not fans of a conflict but there are large differences inside the group.

I think that FPs can chling to their values and hold them in conflict but that does not mean that they like it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    First I will say that I am not posting this as a provocation I am really interested in this topic.
    If you feel the need to start out your thread like this...

While you tend to overlook/ignore out thinking side on regular basis.
    I think there are a number of times that T's overlook and blatantly ignore our F side, or even worse, talk about it like it's a sort of weakness.

But in general you are not too interested in our thinking side and even if you are you are still more interested in our feelings.
    Can you honestly claim that you are interested in our emotions and feelings? Usually, T's only want T responses, and dislike emotions invading their conversations. So why would you think F's would react any differently?

On the other hand how can you fully understand someone if you "ignore" the largest part of them?
    I agree with this entirely.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Is that why p's aren't embracing conflict in this thread?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Avoidance of conflict or doesn't necessarily need to stem from any sort of fear or insecurity. It's probably just prioritization of harmony and personal integrity over seeking the objective truth.
    What about when harmony and personal integrity conflict?
    Personal integrity is not opposed to seeking objective truth if you are NT. Quite the reverse is true.
    It's interesting that NTs think that they understand NFs in this thread, too.
    Not I. Read my other posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp

I don't think FPs are afraid of being judged at all. They'll cling to their values no matter what other people feel about them, and then pretend to be open-minded by simply avoiding the issue.
    Plausible.

Wut?
    What's your basis for this? Doesn't jive with either IRL or experiences on this board.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've seen this in all types of IPs, although only a few are extreme about it. Most of them are actually fairly reasonable, though.

Actually, I don't avoid all conflict, and if I feel *really* strongly about something I'd probably fight someone to the death about it.

The way you bash IPs is ridiculous. You do it constantly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

To respond to the original post: to be perfectly honest with you, my experience thus far on this board is that some NTs read stuff into what I've written that was never even there. I've been accused of saying something I never even said by two NTs on here so far. That isn't to say that all NTs do that - because they don't - anymore than all NFs think they know you emotionally.

Now, I think IRL an NF may be more likely to prod an NT to see what they might be feeling, especially in a romantic relationship, but I don't know about otherwise.

All I know is that all of these stereotypes are really starting to grate on my nerves.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

At first I was like
    Lately you seem to have been making a lot of stereotypical points that don't make much sense really and aren't really applicable, you might wanna watch out for that in case someone a bit meaner decides to bite than me.
    Then I was like

How untrue. I don't honestly understand how you got to this conclusion about P types either, avoiding conflict is a personality trait, not a type trait. Not wanting to express reasoning "just because" is also just a personality trait and not a type trait.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    All I know is that all of these stereotypes are really starting to grate on my nerves.
    Agreed x1000, it amazes me how some of these stereotypes can be believed to be related to type. Some of them can, but a lot of them can't, and are just personality traits.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    What about when harmony and personal integrity conflict?
    Personal integrity is not opposed to seeking objective truth if you are NT. Quite the reverse is true.
    Point taken. Rather than priorities, I should have used the two groups' differing definitions of personal integrity as the reason for the differing mindsets between them.

Not I. Read my other posts.
    Sorry. More the exactly parallel mindset that the OP claims that NFs understand NTs' motivations when they do not, yet flat-out states his "understanding" the NFs' motivations in conflict avoidance when it's absolutely clear that he doesn't understand at all.

I hated using the NT generalization myself, but I so wanted to hit that parallel home