User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    If someone tells you some idiot died jumping off the roof with a blanket around their neck because he thought he could fly, you might laugh.

If that someone is my friend talking about his dad, it takes all sorts of pinching my thigh and biting my lip to hold the laughter in. But if my mind drifts and I start to visualize him in blue and red superman pajamas... I have to leave the room and laugh it out.

Do you understand what I mean? I find humor in everything, even the most inappropriate things you can imagine. People really don't like it when I laugh at their problems.
    +1

This is the story of my life.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And yes...maybe shortwiring the system is one of the main mistakes of F's, now that you mention it. It feels odd to involve T when talking about emotions. I only use T afterwards to analyze them and see how they are relevant to the situation that caused them. Also, if I'm tired or impatient, or otherwise not feeling optimal, it's very tempting to cut through it all and just get to the bloody point, which in this case is that stupid flickering light on my emotional radar
    You know what, if there was someone who noticed enough to know what was going on behind my thinking and my actions and just one day came out and said it, I think I'd probably be relieved. Someone noticed. And if they noticed that way--that is, saw what was going on behind my thinking and actions--then they are not skipping the T part. It seems like it's part of the package. Probably such things would have been embarrassing when I was younger and less sure of myself, but now that I'm older and I've got to know some of the strengths and weaknesses of my armour, I think it'd be okay.

It's when people get it wrong and persist with their version that things get annoying. And eventually very exhausting. I wear myself out on my own Te trying to be seen. Especially if I'm up against another J.

Do Fi and Fe ever grow up enough to recognise each other as real?

If someone tells you some idiot died jumping off the roof with a blanket around their neck because he thought he could fly, you might laugh.

If that someone is my friend talking about his dad, it takes all sorts of pinching my thigh and biting my lip to hold the laughter in. But if my mind drifts and I start to visualize him in blue and red superman pajamas... I have to leave the room and laugh it out.

Do you understand what I mean? I find humor in everything, even the most inappropriate things you can imagine. People really don't like it when I laugh at their problems.
    oh I see.

for me, Fi would reflect thier (perceived/projected/my understanding of) pain-I would feel it as my own pain physiologically. Thus no humor.

however for an entp you guys have to fall back on Fe I guess.

Ne makes all types of crazy funny connections with stuff.

Well, we do the same to a certain extent to see the POV of the other side. However, to have someone do it elaborately is a drag, especially if that POV is already being seen by us. I mean, I don't particularly like arguing for the sake of arguing, and if you are agreeing with me, then why are we in fact arguing? We can discuss it just for the heck of it sure, with what-if scenarios and all. But to have someone oppose me just for *fun*? Too much wasted energy, imo. It aggrevates me even, coz I can sense that your heart is not in it and you're just doing it to goad me. End result? Me leaving or blocking the conversation.
    It is quite simple actually. Many times you can check the POV others this way. Plus you can hide yours in the process.
    Also I have to "lie" in many situations since often my actually is quite controversial but there is no point in raising a controversy just for the sake of doing it.

Only when you master the arguments of the opposite side you are really ready to defend yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    +1

Antisocial one likes to start these threads where he accuses a certain temperament of a behavior or way of thinking that is not isolated to the temperament.
    1. There is no behaviour that is 100% typical for some temperament.

2. Well, a lot of people replies in my threads. What could suggest that these topics are not complete nonsense actually.
    Try to take my OPs less literally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley
    People are not destined to misunderstanding because they prefer different functions. Irl my NT friends and I don't have much of a problem understanding each other. The N link really helps with that.
    Understanding concepts. N+N > N+S, no question. And NT+NF can bring each other new insights which is always interesting.

Understanding each other is a different matter. I don't really understand either of the feeling functions and so how could I properly understand someone in whom these predominate? I imagine Ti is similarly mysterious to non-practicers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by happy puppy
    okay so wait-This was in my brain all yesterday as I was playing texting with an entp. He would make Ne-Ti logical connections which I would promptly scramble with Ne-Fi insanity to lead us off in a new direction. He would then Ne-Ti connect the new pieces and I would scramble again.

Ti is pure logic. It presents facts to facts to facts for Ne to connect. They can be really clever and witty and fun, but it's factual. Can you make a Ne connection without the fact????

Fi is-well I dont know what it is-but not logical. It presents feelings, subtlties, shades of nuance for Ne to connect. pieces, parts of fluffy stuff that Ne ties together. With people it seems to present holistic stuff for Ne to connect. It skips over walls, boundaries and isnt "constrained " by logical barriers.

So Ne-Fi may figure stuff out that Ne-Ti can't?? I see this practically in troubleshooting the scientific instrument I work on. Given a problem I am way, way up high and I just sort of "feel" around until I find the piece that seems a little out of joint. Then I point to it and the problem is there. I am much better at troublshooting than most NTs for this reason.

I'm sorry Puppy, I have no idea what you are talking about. Really, I don't understand - can you clarify?

I think what you're getting at is what I wrote in that 'N and T go together thread' yesterday, but I can't be certain. If so, I have to say that my Ne feeds the Ti, not the other way around... My Ti, or your Fi, is the Ne filter.
    Jeno I am going to start a new thread about this later. I read some of your stuff on the other thread and I think there are cool things here but they dont really fit under ASs original thread. I need to think more on it as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. There is no behaviour that is 100% typical for some temperament.
    Right. Your threads just create that illusion.

2. Well, a lot of people replies in my threads. What could suggest that these topics are not complete nonsense actually.
    Because they are general topics that anyone can add their opinion in. Not because they have a whole lot of merit.

Try to take my OPs less literally.
    As soon as you start to take MBTI less literally.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, you said that there was no logic in it or something.
    If you espouse an exploratory position on logical grounds, and eventually decide on an opposing position, does that mean there was "no logic" in the first position?

And you're right, it's exploratory - why should I be convinced? And why do you assume that I am convinced?
    I don't. And that's my point.

But then why bring it up if you are not prepared to talk about it? I know that I would never tell someone that my uncle died or my bf left me, in a casual conversation, unless I wanted to talk about it and was prepared to do so.
    I wouldn't, unless someone asked me for my position on something. Then I would give it, though it might take me a while to figure out why I held that position.

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    jeff, how do you determine the logical connections between the values? What makes them logical if they do not have an underpinning of facts that you can call out that justify thier logical basis?
    I guess my values do have "an underpinning of facts" (if I've understood that correctly) that I can call out to justify their logical basis. If they don't, sooner or later they're gone. If that means they aren't properly values, then I guess they aren't properly values.

My values are pretty sparse these days.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    It is quite simple actually. Many times you can check the POV others this way. Plus you can hide yours in the process.
    Also I have to "lie" in many situations since often my actually is quite controversial but there is no point in raising a controversy just for the sake of doing it.

Only when you master the arguments of the opposite side you are really ready to defend yours.
    Thanks for validating my answer then. If this is in fact what you do, I feel justified in blocking the conversation or leaving
    I have no patience with liars or deceivers. Though I can see the merit in your last sentence, this type of situation is just nausiating to me and makes me wanna leave, pronto.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Thanks for validating my answer then. If this is in fact what you do, I feel justified in blocking the conversation or leaving
    I have no patience with liars or deceivers. Though I can see the merit in your last sentence, this type of situation is just nausiating to me and makes me wanna leave, pronto.
    Would you mind explaining why?