• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] emotional intimacy/boundaries

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
1. Do other NFPs also have to trust someone to share emotionally with them?
Yes.

2. Do you find it is an all-or-none response? (ie if I share, I share everything, very open, very intense, very trusting)
Yes, I yo-yo as a type 4 between "hiding" to see if anyone will seek me out emotionally, and "seeking."

3. Do you not always understand the other persons emotional boundaries? (For me I just open and dump everything out, and sometimes miss that others more slowly open up emotionally-thus I overwhelm them and am too intense, too personal, too quickly)
Once I reach a certain threshold, then yes I dump everything which isn't a good idea! But, I have to reach that threshold first or you will know zero about me.

4. Do you ever mistake Fe for Fi, and then engage in an emotionally intimate way, only to then get rebuffed a bit? (This happens to me with tertiary Fe in estps and entps both. I misinterpret thier charm and friendliness for open emotional intimacy, not a tool for interacting with others socially)
I am not good with functions, but I act emotionally towards people and get shut down in doing so sometimes.