User Tag List

12311 Last

heart on fire

Default Feelers: What Do You Really Think About Thinkers?

I wish we had a Feelers private forum so the SF could reply on this thread but we don't so...

Anyway, what do the folks here in the NF private forum really think about Thinkers?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm indifferent toward them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes I'm jealous of them, honestly. It really seems like they can just push through things that I can't.

But when I see the pitiful, broken, childish emotions that crawl out of their tortured minds once in a while, that jealousy quickly turns to pity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I find them easier to tolerate than other Feelers really. Even the Extroverts of them are more likely to give me my time alone than some IFs. It's kind of funny, my better friends tend to be Ts that are older than me up to 5 years. With Fs they almost have to be 10 or more years older than me for me to start taking many of them seriously.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Love most of 'em, just roll my eyes at them when they either dismiss feelings as irrelevant or just simply deny having them coz it makes them feel uncomfortable, though I do understand that they might not feel them as strongly as some feelers.

Occasionally the whole bias toward the whole rational attitude that society has drives me bananas. If you're no good at that, you're inferior, that sort of thing. And if you then point out their own weaknesses, they're not 'relevant'. Must say that coz of MBTI on this site, it's a lot less present than out there in the real world, so I do appreciate that very much.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Love most of 'em, just roll my eyes at them when they either dismiss feelings as irrelevant or just simply deny having them coz it makes them feel uncomfortable, though I do understand that they might not feel them as strongly as some feelers.

Occasionally the whole bias toward the whole rational attitude that society has drives me bananas. If you're no good at that, you're inferior, that sort of thing. And if you then point out their own weaknesses, they're not 'relevant'. Must say that coz of MBTI on this site, it's a lot less present than out there in the real world, so I do appreciate that very much.
    Drives me nuts too.

I don't really appreciate the way I keep being told emotions have no value, I also don't agree with it.

On the other hand I also admire the fact that they don't have to navigate this minefield of emotions as often as I do, and are therefore tougher in the face of those decisions that sometimes cripple me, lucky buggers.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISFJ

What I really think? I don't even know what my faade idea of them is.

In relation to me, if I were to stereotype, I find them a bit more insipid but a bit more diligent in their rational processes.

Now, was that vague? I hope so.

garbage

Stereotyping, but I can't get close to them unless they're mature. My dad's the one exception I know; everyone else who's close to me is a Feeler.

Sometimes that's preferable, such as in the work environment. I don't want to get that close to my coworkers, and I'm glad they don't want or expect that from me. Other times, however, it's a huge hassle.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When thinkers are in touch with their feeler side then things go just fine. Most of the time they try to be in touch with this side or are in touch with this side, so interaction isn't so awkward most of the time. Hell, I can get along with anyone who is a little considerate and who doesn't seem to be a robot (not literally).

I tend to have more issues with much preferred feelers than much preferred thinkers. I just get along much better with thinkers I believe, I like them. I feel grounded around them. I already have plenty of fleeting emotions, so why add more to that mess in my life? I think that thinkers enjoy my presence generally because I am emotional but not overly so (I don't try to overload people), so it also may feel grounding (not sure of that though) to them. I especially get along well with TJs, since I think apart of me unconsciously "senses" (?) their Fi. I think that they like seeing my Te come into play as well. I don't have that sort of bond with TPs, but they're fine all the same.

Overall I think that thinkers are good people, and I enjoy having them in my life. Most of my friends are thinkers, and that doesn't really phase me at all.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Any type that is balanced is preferred. I absolutely LOVE having T friends; they challenge me, get me thinking. Thinkers tend to be easier for me to get along with. They aren't emotional.
    But then again, that's the problem. For a deeper relationship, I need to connect on a much deeper emotional level as well as intellectual level. With a balanced T, this is not a problem. But if a T thinks that all emotions are irrational and not needed, a close friendship won't really work out. That's just as bad to me as a F thinking logic is not needed.
    Balance is key, always.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis