User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I can tolerate them to a point and no more. They do stimulate my mind but after a while I find I'm exhausted. They can get on their high horses because they think they are always right, their emotional outbursts are just WEIRD to me and well some of them seem a little too "cold" for my tastes. I prefer to be around other feelers with gentler personalities.
    Somebody has to be fabulous, it might as well be me! LOL

I love NTs.
    I get along well with other Ts on an acquaintance level. I suppose it's due to the INFJs knack for being amiable and relatable with everyone. It's nice to talk to different people, there is something to appreciate or relate to with most.

Speaking only of NTs they are overall great. I need them in my life. I can relate to them quite well. At times they can get frustrating with their over use of logic to rationalize everything (especially in regards to emotions or relationships). What I love most about them is their minds. They are great to talk and theorize with. When talking to an NT we can bring our discussion full circle because I am an NF. Great perspective for both. If I were going to have a deeper, possibly romantic connection this T needs to be balanced with F. Otherwise, it will never work. I need the intellectual as well as an emotional/spiritual element.

My best friends are all NTs. Two ENTPs. I have a few other good friends who are also NTs. Two INTJs and an ENTJ. I have never had a friendship with an INTP but I think I would love them.

My ENTP friend and I coined a term for when one of our friends has a slightly awkward, unusually intense, almost child-like outburst of emotion. We call them "NT freak outs". It is usually something to the effect of either a)they came to a realization they can't grapple with b) something they cannot logically rationalize at that moment c) they in that moment cannot grapple with the complexity of life/world/universe. Mind you these "freak outs" are seldom and not too drawn out. Anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so. I can relate a lot to these though my ...err... "NF freak outs" would be more along the lines of "I cannot tolerate/understand/cope with the unfairness/cruelty of human/the world." b) the emotional currents/ haunting/ disturbing thoughts of my depths are being stirred and it's causing me pain c) I cannot grapple with the complexity of life ... both "freak outs" follow a similar format.

I asked several of my NT friends if they ever great extremely upset about the state of the world in regards to what is happening to people. They all said no. That is not what upset them as much as not being about to have ultimate proof, ultimate truth (I agree with this as well though). Many grapple with the idea of nihilism and in their unhealthy states delve into it. I guess it's my NFness, while I see why nihilism could be entirely possible, my overriding Ni tell me this is not true. I only become disturbed when I here one of my friends talking about it. It sends this hard to describe wave of feeling through my gut as I contemplate it in that moment. Fundamentally, I cannot live my life that way. I think that NTs are the most prone to this way of thinking.

When it comes down to it, Ts are the greatest as long as they keep it in check.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

They're adorable when emotionally lost
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I think they are great, but that's just my opinion.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

I luurve them.
    They rock my socks off.

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    INFP

NTs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6&2

Thinking types can be pretty awesome because I can criticize them or cry or ream them out when I have one of my outbursts, and they're just like, "ok..." and then they get over it in five minutes or, better yet, they try to actually fix the problem. They don't cry or counter-flip-out and hold a grudge about it for the next bajillion years. Also, you don't have to worry that they've been secretly pissed at you for the past month and were too wussy to actually tell you--no eggshell walking. Plus, NT's are some of the most interesting people to talk to.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I have a deep respect for them, and tend to simultaneously wish I was more like them and thank my lucky stars I'm not. Some of my favorite people in the world are thinkers. As a trekkie child, I had a crush on Data, and thus began the love affair.

I think they all have a very gooey inside and secret wish to be hugged.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

ENTPs and INTPs are among my favourite types. So, there, you have it.

PS There's still time to change the name of the thread to:
    Feelers: What Do You Really Think Feel About Thinkers?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I wish we had a Feelers private forum so the SF could reply on this thread but we don't so...

Anyway, what do the folks here in the NF private forum really think about Thinkers?

I respect them for their T, but enjoy my strengths at being an F. I think Ts and Fs are good mixes together personally, (cheesy NF moment coming) they can learn from each other.