User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I wish we had a Feelers private forum so the SF could reply on this thread but we don't so...

Anyway, what do the folks here in the NF private forum really think about Thinkers?
    I can really only offer my thoughts/feelings about intuitive thinkers, as opposed to Thinkers as a whole, because I haven't interacted with many of the STs, not long enough to develop/draw any definitive conclusions..

I tend to appreciate, if not envy, the NT minds. They seem to offer clarity in my own blind spots. I don't always feel like I offer the same, but I find their perspectives, criticisms, and overall analytical processes to be rather helpful, fascinating, & inspiring, in some ways.

I'd say I prefer their company to most Feeling types (no offense).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFP

I think T's, specifically NT's are very admirable in a lot of ways. They don't let feeling cloud their judgment as we do. However, they also do not have feeling motivating them as much as we do. I think their utilitarian perspective can be a bit cold sometimes, and there are certain elements of the beauty of life they miss out on. However, as a whole, these are all more nitpicks than anything, as I admire T's for the most part, especially NTs.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I admire NT's ability to do what they do. But from my experience in life a lot of NT's I meet and messed up in the head. Like just twisted wrong. I also think their mothers didn't hold them and tell them that they love them enough. Instead I picture a father scolding them constantly. Sad but true. A lot of ENTJ's I meet were usually abused physically, sexually, or verbally as a child.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    I admire NT's ability to do what they do. But from my experience in life a lot of NT's I meet and messed up in the head. Like just twisted wrong. I also think their mothers didn't hold them and tell them that they love them enough. Instead I picture a father scolding them constantly. Sad but true. A lot of ENTJ's I meet were usually abused physically, sexually, or verbally as a child.
    Wow.

Seriously, that's a bit harsh...maybe personal experience indicates that but that's not the case in general.

Honestly I'm a bit of an N elitist in general, so I have a lot of respect for both NFs and NTs, and I think NTs sense of...I guess you could say alienation and disillusionment with the world....is something I share with a lot of them. My type ENFP is supposed to be more of the jovial outgoing people person type, but I only sometimes act that way personally. I can be very brooding and angry a lot of the time.

Enneagram

Generally, I like NTs. The thought process is useful and helpful. The observations can be used for reflection and evaluation. However, I can become frustrated when my NT friends become nitpicky as a defense mechanism. That can be problematic for communication. No one applies anything uniformly all the time.

On a personal note:
    I like logic and strive to apply it consistently across the board as a means for managing my emotions. I've found striving to be objective and rational helps me function more effectively.

Default It's a mixed bag.

I can respect the T-Dom. way simply because it is another way --not a better way, not a lesser way. This is a multi-dimensional world that requires multi-dimensional problem-solving and as individuals we naturally favor a method of choice, but we should not let it become a crutch when another method would serve. I don't often see this respect reciprocally expressed, but I have a hard time believing it is so one-sided. This thought produces questions: Are T-doms less likely to experience respect for F-doms because their intellectual pursuits do not lead them to a state of mind that recognizes 'alternative' as 'valid' till later in life? Or, do T-doms reach the pinnacle of mutual admiration at the same speed as F-doms, but there is a tendency to not verbalize it? Or is it just in my corner of the universe (read: narrow perspective) that F-doms disproportionately assign value to the T-dom way rather than vice-versa?

I really prefer the terms T-dom. & F-dom. because we are referring to a dominant inclination. Referring to people as Thinkers or Feelers creates a false dichotomy that implies Thinkers do not Feel, and Feelers do not Think. This is especially problematic for newcomers to MBTI psych. because it encourages a polarity that is antithetical to the gaps in communication it was meant to bridge. And unlike the other personality axes, this one seems to produce a disproportionate amount of hostility, resentment, and misunderstanding.

((Warning: INFJ mixed metaphor coming)) We're like insects with our environmental specialization, and sometimes we forget that when we move into new realms, our one "tool" is not sufficient any more. It takes a wise grasshopper to try a cricket's tool and achieve success in a complex, cohabitive environment.

Better together than apart, says I.

A hammer does not always do when a thumb-screw might suffice!

Edit: Nuts! It dawns on senso-tarded me that I can't get T-dom feedback here for my questions. This calls for post relocating!
    Last edited by iwakar; 06-01-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Edit
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I can respect the T-Dom. way simply because it is another way --not a better way, not a lesser way. This is a multi-dimensional world that requires multi-dimensional problem-solving and as individuals we naturally favor a method of choice, but we should not let it become a crutch when another method would serve. I don't often see this respect reciprocally expressed, but I have a hard time believing it is so one-sided. This thought produces questions: Are T-doms less likely to experience respect for F-doms because their intellectual pursuits do not lead them to a state of mind that recognizes 'alternative' as 'valid' till later in life? Or, do T-doms reach the pinnacle of mutual admiration at the same speed as F-doms, but there is a tendency to not verbalize it? Or is it just in my corner of the universe (read: narrow perspective) that F-doms disproportionately assign value to the T-dom way rather than vice-versa?

I really prefer the terms T-dom. & F-dom. because we are referring to a dominant inclination. Referring to people as Thinkers or Feelers creates a false dichotomy that implies Thinkers do not Feel, and Feelers do not Think. This is especially problematic for newcomers to MBTI psych. because it encourages a polarity that is antithetical to the gaps in communication it was meant to bridge. And unlike the other personality axes, this one seems to produce a disproportionate amount of hostility, resentment, and misunderstanding.

((Warning: INFJ mixed metaphor coming)) We're like insects with our environmental specialization, and sometimes we forget that when we move into new realms, our one "tool" is not sufficient any more. It takes a wise grasshopper to try a cricket's tool and achieve success in a complex, cohabitive environment.

Better together than apart, says I.

A hammer does not always do when a thumb-screw might suffice!

Edit: Nuts! It dawns on senso-tarded me that I can't get T-dom feedback here for my questions. This calls for post relocating!
    My INFJ friend Patrick says the same thing, very funny. He says : I believe we are all created to do our part.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm cool with most T's, especially mature ones. When I worked at a pharmacy, most of the people who worked there were T's and our conversations were pretty enjoyable..

I prefer NT's since we kinda get each other a little more. In fact, at the work place, having a balanced T/F section was great. I felt like the right-brained side of the place- where dealing with customers, pampering them was essential. Whereas the left-brained section- where all the high-risk stuff was taken care of, got taken care of.. Regardless, it was like a firing of the synapses, as we engaged in funny, friendly conversations. Lamooo.

If I had to marry one? I don't think so.. If the person's well-balanced? Then yeah. In terms of friends/acquaintences, I enjoy Ts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I really like T's as a rule. I do tend to get along best with NTs, however.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have a lot of love for Ts. My three closest non-family friends are all Ts, now that I think of it. I appreciate the logical perspective, the frequent no-bs checks, and the efficiency (efficiency is more of an ST thing, though, I think). For NTs in particular, I appreciate how they're inclined to academic/intellectual pursuits; that's cool to me. Also, in my experience at least, thinkers tend to be less attached to some of the unnecessary rules of the world, which is awesomeness, imo.

My only complaint for thinkers would be that occasionally I worry that they miss out on the whole wonder-in-the-world experiences that I think feelers get more often, but I'm sure they get their daily dose of wonder in other ways. even if they don't experience or express it in the way I would.