User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thinkers are interesting, and can offer a feeler a whole new perspective on an issue. Also, as a feeler, it's equally important to have a thinker acknowledge our feelings if we express them. It can seem at times, as though thinkers disregard feelings, but that is understandable because it's not their dominant function. Balance is important though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There are some Thinkers I really like, but mostly at arm's length. I have noted that my closest friends are Feelers. Quite honestly, Feelers can seem more reasonable to me in many ways.

I've noticed there is often a devaluing of the Feeler by the Thinker, and I can't be close to someone who likes me as some sort of amusing pet, but doesn't fully respect me as an equal. The condescending, belligerent attitude of the NT gets old fast, as does the condescending, dismissive attitude of the ST.

Of course that is not true of all Thinkers, but it's true enough of many to make me wary. A Thinker has to be very mature, balanced and emotionally healthy for me to want to deal with them in any close manner.

Another annoyance I have with Ts is when they demand an explanation for everything, as if they are the sole judge of what is reasonable in the world. I don't have to prove everything I believe to you, okay Thinkers? That's particularly true of NTs. They assume that unwillingness to explain your view equals no reasonable thought behind it. What it usually means is I don't value their opinion and they are not worth my time and energy to explain why I feel the way I do. In fact, their arrogant assumption tells me a lot about them, and I may be testing them to see how able they are to respect other people's beliefs.

Oh, and stupid Thinkers are the worst! They often can't fathom they are idiots....so they have the unfortunate combo of being stupid & arrogant.

Oh yeah, and someone tell Ts that "emotions" is NOT a dirty word.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

yeah... it's pretty hard. i have two sides to me that are sort of battling. the other one is the thinker side and that side is interested in putting things to some kind of an order. it analyzes things so that my world is in an order i can safely go about my business.

that side is crippled, though, without the feeler side. that side is reliable in its realm, but it can make horrible mistakes with people.

my feeler side is hurt. i feel like it's a crippled bird. it could be strong, kind, brave and resilient, but it has gotten such a beating that i don't trust it to fly anymore... i feed it and take care of it and hope it grows stronger.

i am always interested in hearing people's opinions. i'm very wary of people who don't listen... i'm wary of arrogance and i'm wary of people who justify their abuse by... i don't know what. they don't even realize they're abusing others... i don't even know.

some people just seem very shallow to me... like they're resentful, suspicious... and just... that they don't even... realize.

as you can see, i'm in a bad mood.

Phantonym

Dealing with thinkers mostly ends up being utterly frustrating. They bring out the evil in me and I'd like to say that it's a learning experience but it's not. Maybe some day...
    Last edited by Phantonym; 03-27-2010 at 05:56 PM.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

it's like a different language. it's sort of like climbing the same mountain, but taking different routes. i think we need each other... you know, to occasionally throw more rope to the other. wasn't that cryptic? i've been loving these metaphors lately.

anyway... i really like balanced thinkers. the ones who are flexible and easy-going enough... but the rigid and overly arrogant ones piss me off, lol.

i can get into this mode to talk to the arrogant ones, too. usually i avoid them, because i can't be bothered... occasionally, if i see that they're a bit lost, i feel for them. they can be very vulnerable and i recognize that.

anyway... i have connected with them, but i need to put all my emotions away, be very articulate and this is important: confident. i might have come to my conclusions using my feelings AND my logic, but i have to present that conclusion to them when it is fully developed and i am certain of what i am talking about. then you have their attention. you have to explain some things to them that are "natural" to you and what you would understand intuitively with your feelings in their language.

i understand this, because i'm not a strong F. i value logic. i sometimes get frustrated when i notice that they falsely rationalize to keep their ego intact, but usually they manage to do it in ways that can make some sense, at least. i like Ts who can admit that they aren't always right, lol.

i dislike the immature and very insensitive ones. there are some pretty narcissistic and elitist Ts out there, but the same goes for Fs, as well. there are some pretty nasty, selfish Fs out there, also.

so it depends on the person... and i recognize that i make mistakes and misevaluations, too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    nine

I have trouble with thinker types, at least the smug ones. They are always correcting my grammar... I feel they sometimes tend to be closed minded, and have a very narrow view of the world around them. One good friend, who is a thinker, has a zero belief system in anything that is not face value, intuition is not in his vocabulary. It is ironic, because he meditates, but I think, what could he possible get from it?
    Jon

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I enjoy thinkers quite a bit. I feel like they balance me out and keep my perspective on track. (I love the idea of being logical and reasonable, but I can derail if someone gets under my skin.) I also find that they're not easily offended low drama is always appreciated. But I have to admit that TJs can be a little harsh for me, even though I'm close to one myself.

But who do I call when I'm really down and need help? My F friends.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ yeah... there's something about Fs that can put your mind at ease... maybe more correctly, put your emotions at ease.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
    I feel they sometimes tend to be closed minded, and have a very narrow view of the world around them.
    I see this also...I call it the "logic blinders". It's like they see in black and white and Feelers see an array of color.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

it's just their way. i understand it and appreciate it. sometimes i think they concentrate too much on the details, though... but we both have it hard. thinkers have to understand things logically and feelings don't make sense to them...

sometimes i think feelers have it harder, though... when you feel things, but can't always explain them, but still think they're important... you know?