Thread: Cutting off Se

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Default Cutting off Se

So I've been thinking about this for awhile now and if this is totally off base please let me know :>

Basically when I have a shower I like to just shut off the lights and have the water cascade over me in the darkness. Just having my all visual stimuli severed and only the sound of the water penetrating the silence.

I feel when I'm in this kind of environment I am able to think with such clarity and just maintain a steady stream of thought.

Is this my Ni and Ti working together in some fashion? It just seems like making connections and thinking hard on a subject becomes a simple task.

Basically I was just wondering if any other ENFJs have experienced this or even other types I guess that use Se extensively.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    So I've been thinking about this for awhile now and if this is totally off base please let me know :>

Basically when I have a shower I like to just shut off the lights and have the water cascade over me in the darkness. Just having my all visual stimuli severed and only the sound of the water penetrating the silence.

I feel when I'm in this kind of environment I am able to think with such clarity and just maintain a steady stream of thought.

Is this my Ni and Ti working together in some fashion? It just seems like making connections and thinking hard on a subject becomes a simple task.

Basically I was just wondering if any other ENFJs have experienced this or even other types I guess that use Se extensively.
    Welcome to the world of an INFJ.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Welcome to the world of an INFJ.
    That just broke my mind. Being in that state all of the time...:shivers:
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    fool

That just broke my mind. Being in that state all of the time...:shivers:

MBTI
    INFJ

well, mine is a type of it; I usually drown into thoughts whenever focusing into music. Whether it's my iPod, the radio, the muzak, anything. Mostly the iPod for it's all my -own- music, though. Hearing it and off to the imagination I am!

pretty INFJ. >_>;

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Basically when I have a shower I like to just shut off the lights and have the water cascade over me in the darkness.
    Isn't that a touch hazardous? I once had the power go out when I was in the shower....
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Isn't that a touch hazardous? I once had the power go out when I was in the shower....
    Never had a problem yet! If I suddenly stop posting you can assume the worst :p

on occasion i will do what you describe... i enjoy it for being a different kind of way to interact with the senses. i told an enfj about it once and she thought it sounded weird but i'll see if i can convice her to try it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Interesting.... never done that before. I personally like the sauna (alone) for this reason.

MBTI
    INTJ

I wonder if showering really is cutting off Se.

Warm environment, splashy, water running down your body, *ahem* touching oneself...

but with the lights off...

So it's more like simplifying Se, returning it to a well-known, comfortable, undemanding stimulation state... nothing to react to and take over, just enjoy. Leaving the other functions to turn back to themselves.

Thus, Ni starts up. Se is no longer ruling the perception game. Ni becomes the primary perception device. Presumably Ti does get involved too.

Thus the common wisdom that healthy ENXJs do need some alone time for, err, getting in touch with themselves and thinking.

It was presumably an ENXJ who said, cleanliness is next to godliness.